Amethyst and Sleep

Aura Wolf

I recently acquired an Amethyst pendulum, which I am enjoying. However, it seems as though it is possibly too strong to use for sleep. The thing is, I've been sleeping with it by my side in the bed, but I've noticed that ever since I started, I've been sleeping later and later--feeling more tired. So in a way, it is helping me sleep--but too much! I'm not sure what I should do about this. I used to have insomnia, and although it is much better now and my sleep patterns are more normal, I still occasionally have trouble getting to sleep, and often wake in the middle of the night. I was hoping the amethyst could aid me in this, but I believe it is causing me to feel more tired and sleep later. I was almost late for work the other day! Before I began using it, I was waking up earlier and still feeling well rested. I am also starting to wonder if by having it on my person during the day, it will cause me to tire faster than I normally would on any given day? Is this possible, or is it only used to aid sleep after you become tired and go to sleep on your own?

It is a pendulum, so the amethyst is cone-shaped and about 1 inch long and 3/4 inches wide. It also has 3 amethyst beads attached to the chain. I'm not sure if this size of a crystal is too large to sleep that close to, and if not, could it perhaps have elevated energy levels for its size due to the fact that I am using it as a high-energy divination tool? Any insights or advice are welcome. I'm not sure what I should do about this. For now I'll try sleeping with it farther from my person.

Sherra

Quite an extraordinary experience you've got there! Actually getting sleep, but too much of it! :p I suppose your suggestion about moving your pendulum further would be no bad idea. Or how about getting some stones to balance yourself? I'm not an expert on these things, but that's just my take. :)

Aura Wolf

Well, the night before last, I put my pendulum on the floor right beside my bed, and couldn't get to sleep at all! It took me forever, although I'm not sure if it was related to that. Last night I left it in my coat pocket a little farther away from my bed, and when I did get to sleep, I slept very well. Who knows though.

Another good thing about it though, it cures my headaches almost instantly.

Pollux

I had similar experiences with my Amethyst Druse... I posted about it also in the Amethyst thread of this section I suppose, some time ago.

I think it was too much soothing energy. When I woke up, apart from the ohysical strain, that was marginal, it was the mental tiredness that blew me away - when I thought the stone would only help me.

I guess you are right, it must be too much energy.
Also, you must consider that different people feel aligned to different stones and benefit from their energy in different degrees and ways. Probably you (like me) are vey receptive towards amethyst...?

Good luck on your sleepeling experiments! :)

Aura Wolf

You're probably right, Pollux. I do seem very receptive to it, and have a great connection to the pendulum. Actually, I'm pretty sure it was your thread that first informed me of Amethyst's qualities of helping with sleep! I referred back to it just the other day. I'd still like some help with this if anyone else has some information.

skytwig

This is very interesting, as i have heard people say they find amethyst to be anything but calming.......

I was thinking you might want to experiment with combining it with another stone, say hematite or some other grounding stone,.... amethyst has to do with the 6th chakra.... you may be getting too light headed! Hematite is a grounding stone.

If you don't have hematite, you can try a rock from the backyard... something nice and solid!

Aura Wolf

I don't believe I do have hematite... (I'm not really much of a stone collecter). I do have some jade, turquoise, quartz, lots of agate, some sort of chalky volcanic rock with clear orange stones in it, and this reddish-brown polished rock (I don't remember what it is, possibly Jasper?). And then of course there's jewellery, which probably wouldn't be as effective: coral, amethyst, sapphire, blue topaz, diamond, Austrian crystal, etc. You get the picture. I had a range of other rocks that I picked up on the beach but I don't know if they would help or not.

Sorry for the (unenlightened) list. I read that Jasper is a grounding stone, I think that's what this reddish-brown rock may be, however I'm not positive. How might I tell? It's opaque and sort of has light greyish swirls in places.

If it is Jasper I can use it, but what would you suggest? Leaving it in the little bag with the pendulum?

skytwig

Dead Star:

According to Michael Gienger, in Crystal Power, Crystal Healing , the effects you are experiencing will settle down in time..... here is the direct quote:
If you put amethyst under your pillow, you will find that, initially, it will strongly stimulate dreaming until all undigested impressions have been clarified. After a few days, however. s;eep will suddenly become calmer, deeper amd more refreshing. During waking consciousness, amethyst stimulates inspiration and intuition.

So, I'm wondering if it is just a temporary thing, this sense of sleepiness...... maybe your body is finally relaxed and is just catching up......

I would give it some time and see what happens.... according to Gienger, you are actually utilizing the amethyst very effectively. He recommends wearing the stone for a long time......

Set your alarm clock loud!! :D

Aura Wolf

That could also be true, skytwig. Thank you.