Crystal (mis) adventures!

delizt

Firstly, I just want to thank all of you on this thread, reading all this and just the fact that it exists is wonderful and I am glad to have a place to share my love of crystals ( since most of my family and friends think it's a bit "out there")

I wanted to share a story and wondered if others have had similar (mis) adventures!!

I have a wonderful heart chakra stone in my collection (pic attached) it's a half dollar sized piece of Morganite (or pink beryl) with Green tourmaline...

I was using it daily for heart chakra work and had gotten into the habit or carrying it with me and sleeping with it under my pillow. I remember holding it my lap one day while driving to work...and later that evening when I went to bed reaching for my stone and GASP!!!! It was gone...I searched the house, the car, my clothes my person...you name it, I was frantic.

So I sat down to "communicate" with my stone...asking it to be "safe" and to let me know where it was...if I was meant to have it, to please come back and if I was to let it go..let it go to someone who needed it.

I gave up and went to went to sleep. The next morning, as I was pulling into the parking lot, I saw my stone sitting there perfectly unharmed right on the white divider line between the spaces!! Totally unscathed...I was so happy I started to cry!! and any stone I have lost since then has stayed lost!!

thanks for listening

stonesatiety

I'm enjoying this too. :)

That is a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing. Until a person loves a stone, they won't get it, but once they do... What a great ending with reconciliation. It's sure happy to be with you. What a beauty!

Wow, *which* misadventure? There have been so many. One time I left an enhydro (meaning it has water trapped inside) smoky quartz elestial outside to dry after I washed it off, forgot it, and went out later to find quartz chips lying on the ground. The sun heated the stone's trapped water and one pocket blew a hole in the face. I was ticked off at myself for forgetting and the stone for not telling me. It knew I would hear it. It thought my anger was sooo funny. When I looked at the stone, the changes left what looked like a scorpion facing me, or a coiled snake looking back at me. Neat!

Related to that, I was rinsing stones off and got to an ancient knowledge quartz crystal--they look like old wrinkled things; they are--and the water heated up, seemingly no big deal. Suddenly the crystal exploded in my hand! I stood still, checking myself for injury, then picked up the pieces. There had been gas within the stone under such pressure that water above ambient temperature caused the explosion. I was glad it happened to me, rather than somebody playing with my stones! I felt relief and ease from the stone, and no way was it going to hurt the guy helping it relieve the pressure.

So much happens when you play with stones day and night. Now I have a year and a few months old akita pup who likes to play with some of the stones. I checked with them and yes, they are enjoying themselves. There is some chipping and such, but as long as they are having fun.

delizt

oh wow!! I've often run my stones underwater and left them in the sun, but exploding? that's something else, I never cease to me amazed with crystals:))) thanks for the story, I'm going to be more careful in the future!!

celticnoodle

delizt, what an incredible 'love' story! :D I'm so glad that your beloved stone found its way back into your life.

and, stonesatiety, I never heard of a crystal exploding! :bugeyed: it is amazing that you were not hurt the 2nd time when it happened. I use to cleanse my stones by running them under water and also setting htem in either the moonlight or sunlight to 're-charge'. But, then I heard that putting them near a raw clear quartz stone is the best way to cleanse and re-charge them. Also, citrine is suppose to take care of cleansing and energizing them--w/o having to worry about which gemstones can take water or even sunlight or moonlight.

I'm always worried about leaving my gemstones outside in the moonlight - because we have a lot of wildlife around here--at ALL hours of the day and night. I'm just fearful one of them may decide to investigate them closely and perhaps swallow it or 'steal' it. And, sunshine can often hurt many stones.

I don't really have any incredible stories--well...maybe one--I was working in a new age shop as a tarot card reader and one day while I had no customers, I was admiring many of hte beautiful raw amethyst crystals for sale. I didn't buy any of them, but I would constantly admire them and debate with myself about doing so. One day, I had a psychic reading, and my dear departed auntie came through and told the psychic to tell me to just go and buy the raw amethyst and stop debating the issue! :laugh:

so, with her permission and urging, the next day, I bought one. :D I LOVE IT!!! I also bought one for my sister, who has the amethyst as a birthstone.

wildchilde

cool thread! and so happy your baby came back, delizt! wow, stonesatiety, that is wild! I have never had a stone explode either but I can see how it could happen. will definitely keep this information in mind, but glad you are able to see the perfectness of it all. celticnoodle, I can't believe you would say you don't have any "incredible stories" and then come off with that one! too funny!

as for my own stones, yes, they go on walkabout a lot. to me, these stones have a purpose way beyond my knowing that is quite separate from me, so I do not get upset or concerned when it happens. (in fact, just last night I realized my pink lemurian is no longer in the stone box...I haven't had it out so I have no clue where it might have gone off to, but I am sure it will return in due time) I think I mentioned before that I have a obsidian sheen man that goes on walkabout a lot. Sometimes he is gone for years. I don't particularly like him so I'm kind of surprised he keeps coming back! LOL But as long as he's happy here, I'm happy to have him.

So, in short, I guess I don't look at these mis-adventures as having "lost a stone" but as a stone living out its purpose.

stonesatiety

I hope none of you experience an exploding stone either! That reminded me to see how the stone(s) were doing. It's okay with being put back together. It's such a soft, friendly feeling little stone. We both would like to be able to share its interior too, so when I find something that will hold it together, yet leave it easily disassembled, it'll be sitting back in its base. It showed me a rubber band! Well, maybe with a safety wrap of tape, for the time being.

celticnoodle, don't you love it when departed loved ones tap us on the head for that extra oomph to get going?! Yes, I'll say that's an amazing story. Bet there are mooore. ;-) I agree with you on the clearing! Thank you. I too had to switch to other stones to keep things clear, but they get dusty. They didn't for years, but now have for years. Little urchins... See 'em smiling? Another lesson for me. Hey you guys. YOU need to pick up dusters and get to work!

wildchilde, not the "disappearing stone" game? Little characters. I'm laughing, because I can see them slipping off on adventures in all directions! ha! Too funny with the obsidian man not so liked. Hmm. Have you ever journeyed with him? He feels strong and stable. Maybe he'll take you with him? ha! I have stones go visitin' where I hand them to a friend, maybe a swap, but also those unknown forays. And moving around the house, so far not in sight.

Yes to stones' individual journeys. One tiny stone jumped out of my pocket years ago and I realized it wanted to stay up in the hills. Other than that, they keep me posted. So much is going on here! At first I was concerned with so many stones and so little time, then I felt an active life among the stones unseen by me. They may sit quite still--unless out goofing around on those forays--but their essence dances a jig!

DownwardSpiral

as for my own stones, yes, they go on walkabout a lot. to me, these stones have a purpose way beyond my knowing that is quite separate from me, so I do not get upset or concerned when it happens.

H'mm. The other night I got out my box of stones looking for a stone to work with. Inside the box are "ziploc bags" and in those bags are tinier little bags. After deciding between two stones I put all the stones back in the box. A few minutes later I moved my mini beast and there hiding under the edge was a little black (oblong heart shaped) rock that I had found. I think he wanted to come out and play.

celticnoodle

celticnoodle, I can't believe you would say you don't have any "incredible stories" and then come off with that one! too funny!
:laugh: well, I didn't think it was that incredible, but.....I guess it is. :D I'm just use to my 'dead' family/friends coming through all the time, perhaps. ;)

as for my own stones, yes, they go on walkabout a lot. to me, these stones have a purpose way beyond my knowing that is quite separate from me, so I do not get upset or concerned when it happens. (in fact, just last night I realized my pink lemurian is no longer in the stone box...I haven't had it out so I have no clue where it might have gone off to, but I am sure it will return in due time) I think I mentioned before that I have a obsidian sheen man that goes on walkabout a lot. Sometimes he is gone for years. I don't particularly like him so I'm kind of surprised he keeps coming back! LOL But as long as he's happy here, I'm happy to have him.
when you say "walkabout" do you mean they just disappear for a time? :bugeyed: that is so cool!!! that they are there and then gone and then later come back again! OMG, I would LOVE to know where they go and how, and what they do. :laugh: there's a good story there, wildchild, a 'mystery'! I LOVE mysteries--but this especially would be interesting to investigate! :D

So, in short, I guess I don't look at these mis-adventures as having "lost a stone" but as a stone living out its purpose.
what do you think they're doing? :confused: this truly has me fascinated!

celticnoodle, don't you love it when departed loved ones tap us on the head for that extra oomph to get going?! Yes, I'll say that's an amazing story. Bet there are mooore. ;-) I agree with you on the clearing! Thank you. I too had to switch to other stones to keep things clear, but they get dusty. They didn't for years, but now have for years. Little urchins... See 'em smiling? Another lesson for me. Hey you guys. YOU need to pick up dusters and get to work!
OMG, YES!! :D I love 'hearing' from my deceased family/friends. I talk to them so much that when they come through to me (whether via my dreams, my senses, or a psychic read), I get very excited. When I go to this one particular psychic--she always gets so many of my deceased f&f that she tells me, "there is a LONG line of deceased waiting to come through! :p But, this particular auntie of mine keeps everyone in line--and makes everyone wait their turn--so this psychic loves her. :D she says other wise they all come rushing at her. :laugh: sounds JUST like my auntie too.

wildchilde, not the "disappearing stone" game? Little characters. I'm laughing, because I can see them slipping off on adventures in all directions! ha! Too funny with the obsidian man not so liked. Hmm. Have you ever journeyed with him? He feels strong and stable. Maybe he'll take you with him? ha! I have stones go visitin' where I hand them to a friend, maybe a swap, but also those unknown forays. And moving around the house, so far not in sight.
I know! right?! OOOH, I never thought about journeying with them in this instance! Wildchild, you NEED to do this!!! :thumbsup: Great idea, here!

I have some stones that look like they have 'eyes'. Its why I bought them. they seemed to be looking at me in teh store and I just HAD to buy them! :laugh: even though my friends thought they were 'creepy' as a result. I love em! I should take pics of them and show ya'll to see what you think? I often wonder if they help me with my clairvoyancy. :D perhaps I should 'journey' with them too? I'll have to try it!

Yes to stones' individual journeys. One tiny stone jumped out of my pocket years ago and I realized it wanted to stay up in the hills. Other than that, they keep me posted. So much is going on here! At first I was concerned with so many stones and so little time, then I felt an active life among the stones unseen by me. They may sit quite still--unless out goofing around on those forays--but their essence dances a jig!

stonesatiety, that last paragraph was so poetic sounding! like it came from a book. :) now, I'm going to be thinking about my crystals and the 'journey's' they might/may take. :D