Pregnancy prediction in Solar Return ?

skywatching

Just over a week ago I had my solar return and I was just wanting to know if anyone can tell me how accurate these following aspects are at showing a pregnancy.

The moon is in the solar return 5th house at 24'24 and is making a trine to the solar return AC which is at 22'24. It is also trining Jupiter in the 8th house at 17'59

The moon is also making an exact trine to my natal IC at 24'53 which is in the solar return first house conjunct the AC

The ruler of the solar return 5th house is...I'm not sure if I should look at Saturn or Uranus as the moon is in Aquarius, but saturn is in the 1st house, uranus 6th which is 2 degrees away from an exact conjunction with my natal venus. Aquarius is also my natal 8th house. My natal 5th house is Scorpio and the cusp of that is in the solar return 1st house. The ruler...once again I'm not sure to look at Mars which is in the 7th or Pluto which is in the 3rd 3 degrees away from an exact conjunction with the solar return IC

I'm curious because as I go into this year I'm a single girl not even currently dating anyone and when I saw these aspects I kind of went... HUH !?!? LOL !! :)

I probably should also mention that Uranus starting from about July this year and during 2014 will start to go backwards and forwards over my natal Venus which rules my natal 4th house...so I should really be expecting the unexpected. Currently Uranus is only a couple of degrees away from Venus and I'm already starting to be affected by this transit.

I would really appreciate any advice :).... am I wrong about these aspects ?

Ronia

From my experience, in a solar return you start with the placement of the Sun and the SR Ascendant - sign, its ruler, position/aspects. Then you look at the SR rulers of the 5,6 and 8. Their positions by house and sign and aspects. Especially aspects to the natal rulers of those. I've found out those to be very correct. If the Moon doesn't rule a parental/family/kids house in the natal or in the solar, despite her general keywords, I wouldn't necessarily see her as a sign of pregnancy.

I just had a chart of a friend of mine a few months ago who got pregnant and I was right about it. She had Sun in the 5th solar, SR Asc in Gemini (natally rules the 6th), Jupiter conjunct natal Pluto in the 8th (I've seen Pluto bringing pregnancy often, by the way), etc. Moon had absolutely no relation I could see to her pregnancy in the SR but had relation to her newly found job abroad as a ruler of her 10th SR.

skywatching

From my experience, in a solar return you start with the placement of the Sun and the SR Ascendant - sign, its ruler, position/aspects. Then you look at the SR rulers of the 5,6 and 8. Their positions by house and sign and aspects. Especially aspects to the natal rulers of those. I've found out those to be very correct. If the Moon doesn't rule a parental/family/kids house in the natal or in the solar, despite her general keywords, I wouldn't necessarily see her as a sign of pregnancy.

I just had a chart of a friend of mine a few months ago who got pregnant and I was right about it. She had Sun in the 5th solar, SR Asc in Gemini (natally rules the 6th), Jupiter conjunct natal Pluto in the 8th (I've seen Pluto bringing pregnancy often, by the way), etc. Moon had absolutely no relation I could see to her pregnancy in the SR but had relation to her newly found job abroad as a ruler of her 10th SR.

Thanks a lot for this information, it's very interesting. I do know that just because the moon is in the 5th doesn't mean pregnancy so that's why I asked I was kinda 50 % certain about this aspect.

I'm going to have to go back over my solar return and take a closer look at some of the aspects you mentioned. I do know that I have Jupiter in the 8th trining my natal Pluto. The sun and venus who is the ruler of the SR are both in the 7th house. In fact I have a stellenium in the 7th. Venus is actually squaring the moon which is not a nice aspect. I had this one last year and hated it. I'm beginning to think this moon in the 5th is more to do with love or creativity as Cancer is in the SR 10th.

Thanks again !

Ronia

The Solar Return is mostly about the Sun, really. Start with the position of the Sun, what it rules (in the SR and natally), what aspects it makes, then the SR Asc, aspects to it and its ruler, then the natal Asc - same, only after that go to rulers of the 5,6,8, IMHO.

Minderwiz

Just to add a couple of observations in addition to Ronia's sound advice.

Firstly your circumstances are crucial to the interpretation here. If you were in a relationship and trying for a child this could be an indication of possible pregnancy, assuming there are other supporting indicators - which might be revealed through an analysis on the lines Ronia suggests.

But you are not in a relationship, let alone trying for a child, so the chances are these configurations relate to other matters, unless there are clear indicators that a relationship will also begin this solar year and even that only raises pregnancy as a contender for the interpretation here.

As Ronia indicates the natal chart is vital to the interpretation, so are there clear indicators of a relationship and children around your current age, if so there's some more support.

Secondly, the most important planets in any chart are those that are angular. Moon or Venus on an SR angle would be more significant than Moon in the fifth, as long as they have connections with your natal fifth or eleventh. Similarly the ruler of your natal fifth angular in the SR chart would have significance (bearing in mind the caveat on circumstances above).

None of that says it can't be an indicator of pregnancy, but it does suggest you look at the more probable significations first.

Edited to add

I would take Mars as the ruler of your natal fifth and its position in the SR seventh makes it both angular and in the house of marriage - so there's some supporting evidence for a relationship or romance. Remember the fifth also covers fun and romance. - not just children - but this looks a little 'warmer'.

It's difficult to go further without your natal chart but hopefully we've given you food for thought.

skywatching

Just to add a couple of observations in addition to Ronia's sound advice.

Firstly your circumstances are crucial to the interpretation here. If you were in a relationship and trying for a child this could be an indication of possible pregnancy, assuming there are other supporting indicators - which might be revealed through an analysis on the lines Ronia suggests.

But you are not in a relationship, let alone trying for a child, so the chances are these configurations relate to other matters, unless there are clear indicators that a relationship will also begin this solar year and even that only raises pregnancy as a contender for the interpretation here.

As Ronia indicates the natal chart is vital to the interpretation, so are there clear indicators of a relationship and children around your current age, if so there's some more support.

Secondly, the most important planets in any chart are those that are angular. Moon or Venus on an SR angle would be more significant than Moon in the fifth, as long as they have connections with your natal fifth or eleventh. Similarly the ruler of your natal fifth angular in the SR chart would have significance (bearing in mind the caveat on circumstances above).

None of that says it can't be an indicator of pregnancy, but it does suggest you look at the more probable significations first.

Edited to add

I would take Mars as the ruler of your natal fifth and its position in the SR seventh makes it both angular and in the house of marriage - so there's some supporting evidence for a relationship or romance. Remember the fifth also covers fun and romance. - not just children - but this looks a little 'warmer'.

It's difficult to go further without your natal chart but hopefully we've given you food for thought.

I'm really glad I asked this question now because I wasn't going to at first, but you have given me some good information and I have learnt a lot !! The astrology books I have indicate that moon in 5th has something to do with children but I personally couldn't see that happening for me this year. I'm starting to think also this aspect has more to do with my writing career as Cancer is in SR 10th and I'm a Cancer rising natally and my natal AC is in the SR 9th house. Also I'm planning on relocating / moving this year and the moon is trining my natal IC.

Even though I'm a shade over thirty (closer to thirty five but whose counting.. ;) ) I'm in no way desperate for a child although I wouldn't be unhappy either, so I am just a little bit relieved !! But a new romance sounds good I'd happily take that !! :)

Ronia

Minderwiz, I don't remember anymore where you wrote something about marriages, births, etc. (not here) so I'm adding to this thread: if I'm not totally off, next year I see in my own Solar Return and progressions additions to the family and/or expansion, or new move due to change in the personal status + a possible pregnancy. :D We'll see. Directions are a bit more tricky though I expect a Mars influence there to play its role too as it's exact. I was on the verge to predict this for this SR now but I stepped back due to lack of support from progressions and directions and I think I was right, a possible romantic beginning - yes but not getting more serious till the end of this SR. But next one... looks interesting. LOL