First Oracle Deck Suggestions?

GotH

I might be the only person on this forum who does not work with an Oracle Deck but I would like to change that. Can anyone recommend a good and simple deck that will help me learn the cards and meanings fairly easily? Also maybe something aesthetically pleasing? Thanks! :)

AJ

There are lots of members here who don't fool with oracles
I, on the other hand prefer them to tarot because they put curves in the path you have to work at to see around.

Going by your deck list you prefer computer generated deck style.
The maker of the Gilded recently published an oracle which gets very good reviews.

The oracle I've used for years, just for myself is the Tao Oracle. too much writing on the cards to be useful for querents, but just for myself, they give me seeds to think on and grow. I have what I've drawn in a card holder on my desk. I might change out the card once or twice a week, or not for six months.

A beautifully colored one is Creatrix
Gateway Oracle will give you much to think on

Right now all the rage is the Lenormand. i'm not a fan of any of the decks, but there are a billion to choose from including many being offered by AT members.
The real bonus to the popularity is there are lots of chatter in the Lenormand forum for support and help.

Good luck and welcome to AT

Celtictarot

There are lots of members here who don't fool with oracles
I, on the other hand prefer them to tarot because they put curves in the path you have to work at to see around.

Going by your deck list you prefer computer generated deck style.
The maker of the Gilded recently published an oracle which gets very good reviews.

The oracle I've used for years, just for myself is the Tao Oracle. too much writing on the cards to be useful for querents, but just for myself, they give me seeds to think on and grow. I have what I've drawn in a card holder on my desk. I might change out the card once or twice a week, or not for six months.

A beautifully colored one is Creatrix
Gateway Oracle will give you much to think on

Right now all the rage is the Lenormand. i'm not a fan of any of the decks, but there are a billion to choose from including many being offered by AT members.
The real bonus to the popularity is there are lots of chatter in the Lenormand forum for support and help.

Good luck and welcome to AT

One of my favourite decks is the Messenger Oracle. Nice and easy and the art is amazing! Or if you like that sort of art, look for Colette Baron - Reid decks like the Enchanted Map or the Night one! Both that sort of art

GotH

Thank You..... AJ and Celtictarot for your suggestions! :) I'm definitely looking for something colorful and vivacious to to complement my energy. Looking forward to getting my hands on something soon!

Cheers

Flaxen

I have a few oracles I like to use regularly:

- Faeries Oracle & Heart of Faerie by Brian Froud - full of energy and surprisingly deep
- Lenormand - great for more everyday, predictive type readings
- Oracle X - a fantastic little set which relies on you developing your own meanings and which can be customised.

GotH

I have a few oracles I like to use regularly:

- Faeries Oracle & Heart of Faerie by Brian Froud - full of energy and surprisingly deep
- Lenormand - great for more everyday, predictive type readings
- Oracle X - a fantastic little set which relies on you developing your own meanings and which can be customised.

Awesome! Thanks Flaxen. :)

Emily

The Soul Cards are pretty nice too - I've had a lot of success with these. They only contain images and reading them is just a case of saying what you see. No complicated meanings to learn and no instructions. :)