The Oracle of Dr John Dee

Le Fanu

I have ordered the new John Matthews set; The Oracle of Dr John Dee, published by Connections. It is apparently already on the way.

There are 28 cards (plus book) based on the Elizabethan Enochian scryer and astrologer and they seem to be black and white pen & ink drawings (though I have only a seen a few of the images but thought they looked quite striking). I'm not sure if everyone can access them but you can see more on Wil Kinghan's facebook page. Really not sure if this will open for non-facebookers.

Does anyone have the set? If so, care to share any thoughts? It says the forward is by Damon Albarn, can that be the same Damon Albarn from the group Blur?

Here's more info from a seller; click!

EyeAmEye

Don't have the deck, but after seeing the images from the Facebook link (which, btw you can access without a Facebook account) I'll have it soon enough!

Le Fanu

I know there doesn't seem to be much interest in this deck but I have received mine and posted a review on my blog.

I like it!

EyeAmEye

Got the deck over a week ago. It was obvious from the start that it's not a pick me up and read deck, so I put it aside for when I had time to read the book. Just read the book last night and tried my first reading with it using the lay out described in the book. Needless to say, my assumption that this deck needs a more in-depth study than most is correct :)

I do like the deck. Given my general lack of time, I unfortunately may never be able to give it the proper study it requires. We'll see.

inanna_tarot

I got it and havent had time to play with it!
I made the mistake of getting with the lost tarot of nostradamus and that has taken my breath away!