has anyone heard of red goldstone?

miss_apples

I bought this heart shape stone at a metaphysical store a long time ago...I believe its called red goldstone. Its a red stone with what looks like bright gold glitter in it. And I know Im supposed to use it for something because it called out to me the first time I saw it, it was the only stone of that kind that was at the store...and it was still there 6 months later when I finally decided to purchase it. This card that I read said its purpose is "to tune in to acient echos" and I guess I cant figure out what Im supposed to use it for.

Any insights?

Ruby7

Hi Miss Apples, goldstone is beautiful but it is not a mineral/stone. Goldstone is humanmade from glass which contains spangles of copper crystals. In the case of red goldstone, the glass would have been coloured red. Hope this doesn't disappoint you because it is still a pretty "stone", Ruby7

miss_apples

yes I know its man made. The lady at the store told me that...but its still supposed to have some healing or protective abilities to it.

Ruby7

So I checked a healing stone chart and this is what it said,

"Reported to be a man-made from of sunstone, originally created when alchemists were working towards creating gold. Gently uplifting, mildly helpful to solar plexus ctr. to reduce stomach tension, protect power centre of body, Ctr.3"

Personally, I just didn't see glass with bits of copper in it as having any healing properties, but maybe the chemical process the glass and copper go through together produces some kind of change in both substances when they are combined. Interesting about the alchemists too.

Hope this helps, Ruby7
p.s. still doesn't answer your question about red goldstone in particular but I can't find anything in my books about that

miss_apples

wow...I also looked it up and read that it can be used to help with developing creative talents.