Tarot and Handicrafts

Kissa

Hi,

i know of a french book offering 22 cross stitch patterns of the Marseilles majors. i know that many of you sew their own tarots bags/totes. i've seen somewhere tarot t-shirts and bags illustrated with tarot pictures.

what about you, how do you combine both your passion for tarot AND handicrafts?

Kissa
very curious!

ps: if someone knows about a cross stitch book offering RWS patterns, would they be kind enough to give me the book'references? thanks very much in advance!

jmd

Do you have access to the title of that French book offering cross stitch patterns for the Marseille Majors, Kissa?

I'd be interested in looking into it...

Moonbow

Kissa said:
how do you combine both your passion for tarot AND handicrafts?

Handicrafts have gone out the window for the time being. I'm far too busy studying new decks (and old) doing readings and sitting at the computer!!!! But its always there for me to go back to - and I will -. The book sounds interesting though

Moonbow*

Kissa

Book references

Oh oh! jmd, now you have to tell me how you can manage:
- reading so many books about tarot
- writing all these long, interesting and informative messages on our favourite forum to share your knowledge
- reading (and remebering!) the whole Kalevala (arghhh!)
- and now cross stitching ?!

WHEN DO YOU SLEEP ????!!!!
;-)

Here is the book (you probably know one of the authors already: Régine Deforges but not for this kind of books. She is the author of "La Bicyclette Bleue" series. She is also famous for writing more erotic litterature):
http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/AS...953/sr=1-31/ref=sr_1_2_31/171-8598540-2989046

The book is OOP but amazon.fr listed four "used".

I found two on abebooks.fr:
http://www.abebooks.fr/servlet/Book...&refinecriteria=key&refinetext=tarot&x=23&y=4

And from now and then, some appears on ebay.fr.

Hopes this help!

Kissa

PS: shall I post the references in the book section as well?

jmd said:
Do you have access to the title of that French book offering cross stitch patterns for the Marseille Majors, Kissa?

I'd be interested in looking into it...

Majecot

Kissa said:
Hi,

ps: if someone knows about a cross stitch book offering RWS patterns, would they be kind enough to give me the book'references? thanks very much in advance!

Kissa I too would be interested.. I do a lot of counted cross stiich ( mostly at the holidays for gifts) I am in "winter warmth" mode right now, so its all afghans and hats and scarves ( completely un Tarot)
but I have been thinking of embroidering a bag for my cards but haven't had the time to sit and draw out my design.

Alissa

I knit Tarot bags for some of my decks, often with yarn that I've spun myself on my wheel....

HudsonGray

Remember you can scan any cards from your decks into the computer & put those images onto t-shirt transfer paper. It doesn't necessarily need to be put onto a t-shirt, you can put it on fabric to make a quilt, wall hanging, pouch, carry bag, etc. The transfer paper will work with any 100% cotton fabric.

I also know someone who can engrave any image, including tarot images, onto glassware.

Nevada

What a great idea--embroider your favorite card from the deck on the outside of the bag.

I haven't yet made any bags for my cards, but I plan to, and I love needlework. I sew, embroider, knit, crochet and tat (lace).

However, I don't do all of these things all the time. I shift between types of needlework for a few weeks or months at a time, and quite often go for lengths of time without doing any. I have lots of unfinished projects, and planned projects that never get started, along with some that do get finished (usually things to wear).

Anyway, the idea of the Marseilles cross-stitch designs is intriguing!

Nevada

Moonbow

Hi Nevada34

I can tat too, My mother used to tat and she taught my daughter (which meant, I had to learn too) I also do bobbin lace when i have the time. This site never stops surprising me........

Moonbow*

HudsonGray

People still TAT??? I thought that was a lost art. Like doily making & millinery (sp).