Crysocolla

Briar Rose

Who here works with this stone? And how does it feel to you?

It's expensive and hard to find.

I have a few polised stones, and 2 points. Wouldn't I just love a huge druzzy chunck the side of my hand! And a full strand of beads for a necklace.

It's soothing and makes me happy. It's very close to Malachite, but yet, the subtleties change the mineral. I have seen, if I am remembering correctly- Malachite in Crysocolla???
Anyone care to share more?

stonesatiety

It's funny. The day after I posted on the malachite thread I found a small stone with bits of chrysocolla during a walk with my dog! Although copper minerals are common in Arizona, I had never found any in my desert explorations. I dug out the small box remaining of my childhood mineral collection and, sure enough, I had a bag of copper ore from the "copper days" displays they used to have in town. It looks like all the stones are chrysocolla, although I remember green malachite- and deep blue azurite-included stones were available too. The mines brought old fashioned ore hoppers filled with ore that you could dig through for take-home samples.

Chrysocolla ranges from sky blue to green. I have a slice from Australia that leans toward green, but the sky blue to blue green varieties always attracted me the most. I set the stones among the more recent arrivals. When I look at chrysocolla, I feel calm and peaceful. The sky blue variety reminds me of the Arizona sky. The book "Gem Elixirs and Vibrational Healing, Vol. 1," by Gurudas, recommends using chrysocolla during deep breathing exercises, among other things.

Briar Rose

Hang onto the Crysocolla, it's expensive now, and at times can be hard to come by. It is very grounding to me, and gives me a bit of artistic flair, ad I feel a very bubbly sense of happiness when I hold it.

I looked for the beads, but at the gem and mineral show there were none to be found. I am still going to have my eyes out for them.

You are so lucky to have found a chunck while you were out with your dog, walking.

I usually find snow quartz while I am out with my dog. I found a little piece by the reservoir just yesterday. It always catches my eyes as it looks like a piece of snow ice, and stands out from all others.

What does it do for you?

stonesatiety

Chrysocolla makes me feel peaceful and calm when I look at it. Although nowadays I usually feel that way, this was not the case when I was younger. I worked with anger for a long time. That must be why I chose chrysocolla amid choice azurite and malachite. The color is what I loved, which was my body telling me what it wanted.

When you asked, I picked up a small piece and held it with both hands. Smooth, subtle energy flowed up my arms into my heart. I'm tempted to call it cool, but I have a quartz elestial that likes to share cool energy. It wasn't that. More like it was so smooth and gentle, it eased in without any sensation of "here and there." While rose quartz feels super smooth and gentle to me, I would call it warm and more active next to the chrysocolla sensation.

I picked up the slice from Australia with my left hand and felt a twinge. The stone instantly balanced something in my hand! I've been sleeping with a piece I can rest on my forehead. Until the stone falls off, I feel its energy flowing into my third eye, which moves. Nice dreams that feel different from the other stones I'm dreaming with. The throat position feels great, as one might expect from a blue stone.

As I finished this, I set the chrysocolla-included stone that I found walking, on my dog's right rear paw. He's lying near me as I type. He allowed the stone to remain. Right away I felt warmth in my feet, especially my left foot. We felt the energy, then Sully moved his paws, dumping the stone onto the rug. ha!

Snow quartz--another name for quartzite--is beautiful. It comes home with me too. Here in the desert, more stones are exposed, but snow quartz stands out in the same way. Up on the nearby mountains, I found that after forest fires stones are exposed until the vegetation returns. Although many trees I remembered since childhood were gone, some very interesting stones came home with my nephew and me!

intuitiveinsight

Chrysocolla

For me chrysocolla, is a soothing stone. I like how it feels.
I have a piece that's smooth, I'm not sure if it's natural or pollished, but when I hold it, it feels balancing to me.
It's a very soft stone in terms of hardness and energetically. Next to malachite, it's calming.
Malachite is similar to other stones, however it tends to bring up emotions to the serfice. I have seen malachite in chrysocolla before, but I don't have a piece.
The combination though for me, could help to ease emotions to the serfice.
For me, I use stones that don't cancel each other out - be careful when choosing your crystals for a spacific purpose.
Azerite is one that helps me feel centered and snow quartz for me is very calming though sometimes it has a sharp energy to it as if it's saying "hello, I'm right here!"

Briar Rose

There seems to be a pattern to the stones I am attracted to. They are all calming.

stonesatiety and intuitivesight, you both really know your crystals and are much more in tune with knowing exactly the energy they give off.

and you are so right intuitivesight, your intuition is correct about that snowy quartz. When I see one, that is exactly the feeling I get. The stone is saying, "I am right here." My face is drawn down to look and see it at that particular moment when it is exactly at my feet. when I am out walking my dog. They are not in abundance here, and there could be a few weeks before I see one, so I know that is not a coincidence when I look down and then see one.

stonesatiety

intuitiveinsight: Funny with the properties you describe for azurite and malachite. Most of my life I've been centered most of the time, with no problem feeling emotions! ha! The feeling I usually get from both minerals it to leave a given stone for somebody else. However, I noticed that I placed a larger azurite and malachite in my stone circle, replacing smaller mountain stones from the original group.

Briar Rose: I'm only sharing what the stones share with me. The most effective way I've found to learn about a given stone is to relax and ask the stone if it will share its energy with me. Another way I've tried is is to ask a stone to share anything beneficial to both of us. Relax and treat a stone like a friendly human or animal, a potential friend. The stone will do the rest, but will not force itself upon you. When you are ready, you will sense what the stone shares. From what you say, you feel plenty, but want to deepen the experience.

If nothing happens, try again later or ask another stone. There's plenty of time. The same stones could easily wait for you to find them again in another life! Have you known any of your stones before?

Briar Rose

I never thought of the stones in that way. I am going to spend time with them. I will ask. I need to open up to them. It seems I have better results when I turn them into jewelry form.

Chronata

I am with everyone else...Crysocolla is a healer stone.

Perfect for finding your calm and your peace amidst chaos. I think of it as my peacemaker stone as well, as it makes me want to fight injustice in a loving way, and make people listen.

Briar Rose

then it might be a good crystal for when I try to help the abused animals.