Hawaiian Mana Cards

Moonbow

I had the most wonderful holiday in Oahu about 6 yrs ago which prompted me to buy these cards when I saw them on the net. They describe Hawaiian culture, history and beliefs so well. I just had to have them. I did a few readings when they were new to me and found them to be very spiritual. The book that accompanies them not only describes the card meanings, but tells a story for each card, explains the flowers and their meanings and teaches some Hawaiian words. Its a beautiful deck. Does anyone else have it?

Moonbow*

PS heres a link http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...rds&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=G

Kyrielle

I have these and I love them. I love the colors and the art style. Readings are very deep and spiritual. I'm glad someone else has found them, too.

-- Kyrielle

Moonbow

Hi Kyrielle

Where is Turtle Island? I'm starting to dream now.....

Moonbow* :)

zorya

here's another link where i believe you can view all the cards. http://www.manacards.com/

moonbow*, have you read any of scott cunningham books? he wrote books about hawiian culture and magic.

Moonbow

Hi Zorya

No I haven't read them, but I'll have a look on Amazon now. We have only one book on Hawaii by Jack London which I haven't yet read. The cards are so beautiful aren't they? Do you have them too?

Moonbow*

Summerdream

Hi Moonbow!

I just ordered these cards today from Joan Bunning's site. They look gorgeous. How do you like reading with them?

Momof3girls:0)

Majecot

Those are really beautiful Moonbow* I can see why you wanted them.

Moonbow

Hi Mom..

I haven't used them for a few months but they are very insightful. There is a big emphasis on leaning the Hawaiian words for everything (which I love doing) and so it takes me a little longer to remember the cards. You don't have to though - its in English too. The book is good because it tells of the myths and legends behind the pictures on the cards.

I love the deck, even though I don't use it much at the moment. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it, for my collection, if nothing else. I love the art, language and culture. The art just 'had' to be this colourful - like Hawaii itself.

I hope you enjoy the cards - I'm delighted with mine

M*

Summerdream

My Mana cards arrived today. They are even prettier in person than on the website. This deck makes me feel like I'm in Hawaii. I can't wait to start using it.

Momof3girls:)

Aerin

I have these too, I haven't read much with them. Mainly I like looking and reading the book.

Aerin