Which house for adultery?

daphne

In which of the houses do I have to look for a love affair of somebody married? 5th or 8th? Or other?

Ronia

8th and 12th, I'd look there, IMHO.

Minderwiz

In which of the houses do I have to look for a love affair of somebody married? 5th or 8th? Or other?

It depends very much on what branch of Astrology you are using here. If you are looking at natal charts, then I think there's a real problem. Nativities only show potential and even then that potential isn't realised all in one particular moment. So I'd say you're looking more at planetary relationships and then using derived charts such as solar returns, or looking at directions (primary, secondary, solar arc, etc), or transits, for times when those relationships might be activated.

Traditionally Venus is associated with adultery, especially in configuration with Mars and or Saturn, so your starting point would be to look for any configuration involving Venus and Mars and or Saturn. Some modern Astrologers take Uranus in the seventh as an indicator of divorce (and adultery is one of the main reasons leading to divorce) so you could look for that. However, I'd stress that the configuration is not proof that adultery will take place, you would need to look for those activations as well, which would raise the chances.

If you were looking at adultery through a hororary question, then I'd use the seventh, house for a partner in a longish term relationship or a question where adultery was known (we had such a question recently in the horary thread). For one night stands or suspicion, I'd use the ruler of the fifth as the significator of the third party. Like Ronia, I'd also take a look at any connection to the twelfth, as it's concerned with secrets and the hidden (adultery is rarely open), and in the question I referred to the 'adulterer's significator was actually in the twelfth house. The eighth is also a possibility, not because of the modern equation with sexual relationships (which is more fifth house) but because like the twelfth, it's inconjunct the Ascendant and therefore 'out of sight'.

I saw one reference to Mars and Venus setting into the Sun - that is withing about 15 degrees of it. Planets near the Sun cannot be seen, so the two principle general significators of possible adultery, being 'out of sight' might well point to something going on.

Edited to add:

There is a Lot of Adultery which is defined as the degree exactly opposite the Lot of Marriage (ASC+Venus-Jupiter). So that too might feature in your analysis, especially in a horary chart. For nativities, you could look at directions and transits to this point

Ronia

Oops, Minderwiz reminded me I didn't actually mention that I was talking of solar return, transits, directions for checking if such an event has its foundation at this time at all. With progressions, I've noticed for particular events it's not much worth. Of course, I quite expected what I saw when a friend of mine's progressive Moon entered Saggitarius and she threw herself into adventures but it sets the mood in general - one may travle, another to jump into classes or sports, or hobbies, etc. So while it's an important flavour, for events I'd check the first three I wrote above. For a more precise timing - lunar returns, directions, and lately I've discovered Venus returns may tell a lot about the upcoming year in matters of the heart, especially the four angles and any planets conjunct them.

econdude

I don't know...I probably would look at the ruler of the seventh house, and the placement of Black Lilith in the natal promise. I would look at the entire context of the chart. It's tempting to say just look at the eighth house, but the eighth has more to do with joint resources like taxes, wills, inheritances, managing the affairs (not the type of affairs you're talking about lol) of others. One of Martha Lang-Wescott's asteroids might also deal with infidelity.

upawell

I've known two women who have had affairs with married men.

1) Venus, Mars, Juno in 12th

2. Venus and Mars in 12th, Juno in 8th

They seemed inherently uncaring in their actions, showed no remorse, and most definitely did not exhibit any consideration for others, like the families of these married men. Just jumped into it with both feet and expected to be defended or protected when it all eventually came crashing down. Strangely, both these women come from seemingly content families whose parents are still together. In once case, very happily together.

The other pattern I noticed in these two charts:

1) All planets were on the left side of the chart (Houses 11,12,1,2,3)

2) All but two planet on left side of the chart, with most planets falling in Houses 12,1,2,3)

Not sure if house emphasis plays a role here. I knew both these women through work, so had spent a decent amount of time interacting with them. I do have a bias, as I did not like them. Falling in love with someone married is one thing, but to show not a single drop of remorse when faced with the pain they caused is a whole different kind of ice, one that doesn't melt. Brrrr.....

NamasteIndia

I keep falling in love and my married...i have no interest in falling in love but it keeps happening again and again..
My life is ruined and peace of mind gone
I contribute it to the childhood abuse perpetrated by my parents
They were unloving, cold and distant
But i cant resist when someone shows a small bit of love also...
i feel codependent

I have sun in my 8th house of cancer sign
and 12th house scorpio sign has neptune.

I am sick of this happening
will someone check my chart and tell when and how i can stop this nonsense