The 4 Elements

Bluemanticore

If you had to pick 4 stones to represent the 4 elements, what would you choose? What one stone would you choose to represent earth? What stone for water? Air? Fire?

I tend to pick the traditional ones. Emerald for earth, Sapphire for water, Diamond for air, and Ruby for fire. I'm curious what other people choose. Do you go traditional or pick other stones? If so, why do you pick the ones you do?

I thought this would be an interesting topic for conversation.

Blessed be,
BlueManticore

Mystic Zyl

Earth-Onyx

Air-Amethyst

Water-Moon Stone

Fire-an igneous rock, harden lava

lunalafey

oooOH- fun thread.......hmmm.....gotta think on that one,
let's see- I could say Quartz Crystals for fire, rub two of them together and they glow, strike two of them together and they will spark, yet so does Flint...
Earth, oh boy-
Water- I'm gonna go with Jade on this one, my reasons- on the California coast there is a creek that leads to the ocean, the creek runs fast all winter and in the spring you can go down to the beach and find all sorts of jade. Large, small, dark, light- some have been naturally tumbled by the shores waves.
Air- hmm.....

I'm going to have to think on Earth and Air.....
I'm considering Pyrite for Earth- but don't really have a reason

Armande

Fun thread!

Hematite for earth, because it is such a grounding stone
Clear Crystal for air, for the way it clears spaces and makes it airy
Carnelian for fire, because it always reminds me of warming yourself by a campfire
Pearl for water because that is where it comes from!

:)

poivre

Fire- Ruby , Amber or Garnet

Air- Amethyst

Water- moonstone

Earth- Emerald

lunalafey

AMBER!...that's what I choose for Earth.....I'm a capi and LOVE the Trees.....so much so I have to live under some of the oldest and tallest in the world:D....I love trees!......lol....i just thought, my dad was a bug doctor too...lol

Mystic Zyl said
Fire-an igneous rock, harden lava
that could be Obsidian....you made me think that this could be an Earth stone as well....but I'm sticking with Amber.
I could go with the Air/Swords thing and go with Obsidian because it was made into blades

Belladonna

I use quartz for air, opal for fire, beach glass for water (I know, I'm kind of cheating here!) and obsidian or jet for earth.

Bluemanticore

Cool ideas. What about for the fifth element of Akash, or spirit? I usually use amber or jet. What about you?

poivre

I use Clear Quartz.

Belladonna

Crystal ball. (as opposed to a quartz "wand" for air.)