How To Read Horary

LovelyMissAries

I am a very very new beginner to reading Horary charts. From what I've been able to read in between work, school, and friends, we look at the ASC and it's ruler of the chart first. A few questions I have about this: Do we ignore aspects made to the ASC vs. the planet that RULES the ASC? Secondly, if there are planets in the first house, but no Moon or Venus, do they take priority or make better significators instead? I tried googling William Lilly's rules for Horary but didn't come up with anything.

Minderwiz

Strictly speaking the first thing we do is ensure we understand the question, which means we also know not only who asked it but also what the 'subject' matter is, because that determines the house of the 'questied' - the 'thing' asked about.

Once the chart is erected, I usually start with the Ascendant, as that is the house of the person asking the question (the querent). We need a planet to 'signify' her or him and usually that is the ruler of the sign on the Ascendant. Other planets in the first may give us more information about the querent. Very occasionally I might end up using one of them to signify the querent, if the Ascendant ruler also rules the house of the quesited. Saturn in the first and not the Ascendant ruler or the ruler of the house of the querent tends to suggest the Astrologer will get things wrong or the querent is out to test the Astrologer with a duff question.

If the Ascendant ruler aspects the Ascendant by any major aspect, is good but not essential. Otherwise I don't use them too much unless it's something that looks important - such as a close square or opposition from Saturn or an aspect from the significator of the quesited, which suggests there's some connection but it's never strong enough to indicate a successful outcome.

Aspects between the prime significators are the ones that are important. The lack of them suggests things won't work out, squares and oppositions suggest they may well work out but with issues and delays and perhaps the outcome is not what was hoped for. Trines and sextiles suggest things work out relatively easily and the outcome brings the expected benefit. Minor aspects are ignored because they are not thought to be strong enough to suggest things work out.

If you want a trial run through, then post a question in the horary questions thread and I'll walk you through it, step by step and you can ask questions as we go along.

LovelyMissAries

Strictly speaking the first thing we do is ensure we understand the question, which means we also know not only who asked it but also what the 'subject' matter is, because that determines the house of the 'questied' - the 'thing' asked about.

Once the chart is erected, I usually start with the Ascendant, as that is the house of the person asking the question (the querent). We need a planet to 'signify' her or him and usually that is the ruler of the sign on the Ascendant. Other planets in the first may give us more information about the querent. Very occasionally I might end up using one of them to signify the querent, if the Ascendant ruler also rules the house of the quesited. Saturn in the first and not the Ascendant ruler or the ruler of the house of the querent tends to suggest the Astrologer will get things wrong or the querent is out to test the Astrologer with a duff question.

If the Ascendant ruler aspects the Ascendant by any major aspect, is good but not essential. Otherwise I don't use them too much unless it's something that looks important - such as a close square or opposition from Saturn or an aspect from the significator of the quesited, which suggests there's some connection but it's never strong enough to indicate a successful outcome.

Aspects between the prime significators are the ones that are important. The lack of them suggests things won't work out, squares and oppositions suggest they may well work out but with issues and delays and perhaps the outcome is not what was hoped for. Trines and sextiles suggest things work out relatively easily and the outcome brings the expected benefit. Minor aspects are ignored because they are not thought to be strong enough to suggest things work out.

If you want a trial run through, then post a question in the horary questions thread and I'll walk you through it, step by step and you can ask questions as we go along.

Minderwiz, you're my favorite! You're so knowledgeable but yes it would help me considerably to be walked through it step by step. Beware though: I have a Gemini ASC and I know how to use it. :D

LovelyMissAries

The most recent horary chart I casted: Should I Move to Los Angeles This Year?

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h466/hannarama/Moving_zpsa4ac7a60.gif

Attempting to do it on my own, I thought (since we know what the question asked is - moving) we look at the "moving" related houses, which I guess would be the 3rd or 9th. Because of this deduction I assume we look for aspects concerning Mercury and Jupiter too.

However, when I posted this on another forum I belong to one said the chart was basically invalid, and since Horary seems like a very delicate process I thought it best not to ask again.

Minderwiz

Thanks for the chart. It does raise a couple of learning issues for you. Both are concerned with what are called 'Considerations before judgement' - and deal with the likelihood of getting a useful answer (one way or the other). I don't think there's a parallel in Tarot, if you cast your spread, then it's valid and you read it. I suppose the nearest example I can think of is not shuffling your deck and using a sorted deck to do a reading - it renders that reading of little use.

In Horary, the 'considerations' are just that - you can still read the chart but like the stacked deck the answer may not be a valid representation of the situation. In your chart there are two:

Saturn is in the first house (and in my previous post I said this may indicate there are issues with the Astrologer or the querent. In this case you've asked yourself the question and I don't think you're trying to trick yourself, so I'd discount that. It might indicate you make a mistake though, so it's perhaps worth casting a fresh chart to see if you get the same result.

The second is that the Ascendant degree is late in the sign (the last degree) and this too is taken as a warning that the chart might have problems. It might indicate that it's too late to make a judgement - that is what will happen will happen and there's little you can do. It might simply indicate an old person asked the question, which is not the case with you :).

These are not the only considerations that horary uses - there are times when you get a very early degree rising - possibly showing it's too soon to judge.

The other consideration I regularly use is to check that the Moon is not Void of Course - Lilly defines that as not making an application to a major aspect before it leaves the sign (though he does list a couple of exceptions).

Saturn in the seventh might indicate problems with the Astrologers judgement. Lilly also mentions the ruler of the seventh being retrograde or afflicted by other planets but I tend not to use that one and as I use horary as a learning exercise, I don't particularly bother with this group unless I know I have difficulty elsewhere with the reading. In that case I just try again later.

I've not covered all the ones Lilly mentions, but I get the impression that he sees them as warnings, not a reason to ignore the chart (especially if there's a paying client waiting LOL).

So your chart would be seen by Lilly as 'unsafe' to come to a firm judgement, especially one that might cost his client (i.e. you) a lot of money if they act on it and they will blame him if things go wrong. Frawley reckons may of these considerations are get out clauses to protect the Astrologer if things do go wrong and they're faced with an irate client :)

I'll run you through how to read it, but remember that the answer may be a bit doubtful, given the considerations. I'll do that in the next post

LovelyMissAries

Thanks for the chart. It does raise a couple of learning issues for you. Both are concerned with what are called 'Considerations before judgement' - and deal with the likelihood of getting a useful answer (one way or the other). I don't think there's a parallel in Tarot, if you cast your spread, then it's valid and you read it. I suppose the nearest example I can think of is not shuffling your deck and using a sorted deck to do a reading - it renders that reading of little use.

Ah, I see. That makes sense.

In your chart there are two:

Saturn is in the first house (and in my previous post I said this may indicate there are issues with the Astrologer or the querent. In this case you've asked yourself the question and I don't think you're trying to trick yourself, so I'd discount that. It might indicate you make a mistake though, so it's perhaps worth casting a fresh chart to see if you get the same result.

So the planets in the first house describe the question asker and nothing / no one else. If so, do we not look at the aspects it makes, and is it possible to get a definitive answer just from the first house (wait - my radar says "No," because unless we are asking about ourselves, the first house would otherwise not be relevant to the question)

The second is that the Ascendant degree is late in the sign (the last degree) and this too is taken as a warning that the chart might have problems. It might indicate that it's too late to make a judgement - that is what will happen will happen and there's little you can do. It might simply indicate an old person asked the question, which is not the case with you :).

So the ideal ASC degree would be early, or somewhere in the middle? Man, how do we even determine such things when casting a chart? This chart in particular I was looking at the Venus / Saturn conjunction and found it curious... what would that say about the question asker (do we describe first house positions like that one the same way we read natal charts?)

These are not the only considerations that horary uses - there are times when you get a very early degree rising - possibly showing it's too soon to judge.

^ Ah, here we go. How early is too early, and what degree is the beginning of "too late"?

The other consideration I regularly use is to check that the Moon is not Void of Course - Lilly defines that as not making an application to a major aspect before it leaves the sign (though he does list a couple of exceptions).

Okay, now this Void of Course. A member used that term in one of my charts I casted, and I read of it on another site but it confuses me, I know it has something to do with going into another sign but I don't really understand why that affects it negatively.

Saturn in the seventh might indicate problems with the Astrologers judgement.
And this is because 7th is ruled by Libra, who rules the Scales? Do we look at the 10th house because of Saturn, at all? ETA: Duh I forgot Libra was the ASC ruler.

Minderwiz

So the planets in the first house describe the question asker and nothing / no one else. If so, do we not look at the aspects it makes, and is it possible to get a definitive answer just from the first house (wait - my radar says "No," because unless we are asking about ourselves, the first house would otherwise not be relevant to the question)

Most questions but not all do indeed relate to something else other than 'me', so your last point is spot on. Usually there's another house involved - for example in this case you correctly identified 3rd or 9th as possible houses relating to moves and travel (more of that later). The point I was trying to make is that Saturn in the first house is somewhat special, as long as it is not either the Ascendant ruler (in which case it signifies you) or the quesited's house (in which case it signifies what you've asked about). If it doesn't play one of those roles but is in the first house it suggests that something is wrong with the question - in the sense that 'the matter of the question seldom comes to any good' - i.e. things won't work out.

LovelyMissAries said:
So the ideal ASC degree would be early, or somewhere in the middle? Man, how do we even determine such things when casting a chart? This chart in particular I was looking at the Venus / Saturn conjunction and found it curious... what would that say about the question asker (do we describe first house positions like that one the same way we read natal charts?)

Lilly fixes 'early' as 0-3 degrees and late as 27-30 degrees. Anything in between is fine. It's possible that these limits were set because of known errors in estimating a planet's sign position - i.e. it might actually be in an adjacent sign. So you can treat these with a little care given the accuracy of today's software (Lilly had to work his charts by hand and didn't even have a calculator to fall back on).

On the Venus/Saturn conjunction, it's Saturn that causes the problem. Assuming Saturn was absent, Venus might give a little more information about you, and if Venus ruled 3rd or 9th in this question then it becomes very important (sadly it doesn't rule either house) At this stage in your learning, I'd advise you to ignore other planets in the first till you get the hang of the basics and can read a chart using the significators. Frawley always advises to keep things as simple as possible and concentrate solely on the question asked.

LovelyMissAries said:
Okay, now this Void of Course. A member used that term in one of my charts I casted, and I read of it on another site but it confuses me, I know it has something to do with going into another sign but I don't really understand why that affects it negatively.

In horary the consideration of Void of Course (VOC) only applies to the Moon (it doesn't matter if other planets are). That's because the Moon is seen as the planetary agent which is most likely to aid things coming to a succesful conclusion.

Lilly defines VOC as a situation in which the Moon will not apply to a major aspect before it leaves its current sign. Note Lilly only requires an application to begin, even if the aspect is perfected just after the Moon changes sign. Many Astrologer have a different take, and require the aspect to perfect before the Moon changes sign. I follow Lilly's interpretation. In your chart the Moon at 9 degrees Cancer is going to conjunct Jupiter at 17 degrees, so it's not VOC.

VOC Moon is the first thing I check for in a horary chart.

LovelyMissAries said:
And this is because 7th is ruled by Libra, who rules the Scales? Do we look at the 10th house because of Saturn, at all? ETA: Duh I forgot Libra was the ASC ruler.

It's because the Astrologer is always the 'other person' involved in a horary reading (or at least if the same person asks the question and does the reading they play two roles). As the 'other person' the Astrologer gets the seventh house. For virtually all readings this is only implicit. Even with a question on marriage or partnership, there are actually three parties to the question - the person asking the question, the person asked about and the Astrologer. That's why if the seventh is afflicted by Saturn, it could well indicate that the Astrologer will make an error, not that there's something wrong with the question (or indeed in a marriage question the possible spouse).

The considerations are something that most students find difficulty getting to grips with. Just treat them as a set of possible red lights, which can warn of possible difficulties with the question. No red light and your on reasonably safe ground, one red light an you must proceed with caution, two or more and you'd be better trying again later.

Minderwiz

Your question answered?

OK keeping it simple:

We know that there are issues with the chart - perhaps the question wasn't serious but just meant as a vehicle for learning horary, or you were not absolutely sure what you were doing. However the chart is still readable, as long as we remember the warnings.

The Ascendant is just in Libra so you are signified by Venus. What can we say about Venus in this chart? Venus is in the first House, so you are 'at home', when the chart was cast. Venus is in Scorpio, rather than Libra, but it does have some essential dignity - Venus rules the Water triplicity by day (Mars rules it by night) so you have some power to act in this question - a reasonable amount of power, at that. Venus is angular in the first, so you are well placed to act if you want to - if you decide to move to Los Angeles you can! The issue though is not so much can you but should you. In order to answer that we need to look at the quesited.

Los Angeles is a move - travel. As you rightly say it's either third or ninth house. The third is seen as ruling short trips or regular routine trips, certainly trips within your own country. The ninth is long trips, usually abroad and certainly not routine. As the US is a union of states and there's some distance from your location to LA, I would go for the ninth - unless LA has a special connection for you, such as a former home, or workplace. So if I were doing the reading I'd want to settle that issue with you, as really only you can supply the necessary background.

The ninth is ruled by Mercury and Mercury is conjunct your Ascendant - I'd treat it as a first house planet. In a sense LA wants you - its significator has come calling at your place. Mercury has no essential dignity at it's location, LA might seem the right place but things will not be easy if you move there, it will seem strange, even 'foreign' certainly it's unlikely to be as good as you hoped for.

This would suggest a rethink, even without those warning lights. Venus isn't making any application to Mercury (or vice versa), so it doesn't look like your going to make the choice.

There's one last step - look at the Moon. In your chart it's dignified in Cancer. Many horary astrologers see the Moon's last aspect as indicating what has happened as the background to the question and it's next aspect(s) as indicating what may happen. The Moon's last aspect was a square to the Sun in Libra. The Sun rules your MC, so it's possible that you are a bit dissatisfied with work and are thinking of the move as getting away from your current employment, or things are just not running right and you think it's time for a change.

The Moon however is exactly trine Saturn - not a hard aspect but it does relate to that first house consideration - does it show that you are seeing things worse than they are? Again the red warning lights make it difficult to answer that but raising the issue suggests a wait and try again later. The Moon is applying to a conjunction with Jupiter, suggesting that things will get better and then a trine to Venus and a square to Mercury. If the trine to Venus and square to Mercury were the next two aspects, I'd say that you perhaps someone is going to help you make up your mind to move. However the conjunction with Jupiter intervenes and so I would not see you as deciding to go. Now Jupiter rules your second house of income - perhaps you get a raise, or receive money from other sources and that ensures you stay where you are.

That would look a reasonably rosy reading were it not for those warning lights, the considerations before judgement. So I'd advise you to leave it a few days and then try again. A more reliable chart would give you a better basis for decision making.

Note I've concentrated primarily on the issue of the move, but where the Moon's movements have/will produce aspects I've considered how they might impact on the decision. For a positive outcome, the Moon really needs to aspect both significators in turn as it's next aspects, though if it's next aspect is to one of them, then it might well still show a positive outcome.

LovelyMissAries

OK keeping it simple:

We know that there are issues with the chart - perhaps the question wasn't serious but just meant as a vehicle for learning horary, or you were not absolutely sure what you were doing. However the chart is still readable, as long as we remember the warnings.

^ And you were able to tell that by the ASC? Does it matter what sign the ASC is in ever?

The Ascendant is just in Libra so you are signified by Venus.

Ah, apparently so. If the ASC was in Capricorn would I be represented by Saturn instead, regardless that that is said to represent and older figure / gentleman?

What can we say about Venus in this chart? Venus is in the first House, so you are 'at home', when the chart was cast.
So the first house represents both the asker and where they are?

Venus is in Scorpio, rather than Libra, but it does have some essential dignity - Venus rules the Water triplicity by day (Mars rules it by night) so you have some power to act in this question - a reasonable amount of power, at that. Venus is angular in the first, so you are well placed to act if you want to - if you decide to move to Los Angeles you can! The issue though is not so much can you but should you. In order to answer that we need to look at the quesited.

You lost me concerning the Water triplicity. What about Earth, Air, and Fire? And if we had Mars in the 1st house instead of Venus would that weaken the power I have to move? Ahhh, if Mars was in the 1st house in Scorpio or a water sign, it would, because of the conflicting elements. No? (By the way yes, this chart was cast as practice for Horary although I have been contemplating moving...)

Los Angeles is a move - travel. As you rightly say it's either third or ninth house. The third is seen as ruling short trips or regular routine trips, certainly trips within your own country. The ninth is long trips, usually abroad and certainly not routine. As the US is a union of states and there's some distance from your location to LA, I would go for the ninth - unless LA has a special connection for you, such as a former home, or workplace. So if I were doing the reading I'd want to settle that issue with you, as really only you can supply the necessary background.

Okay, determining houses for a move is easy. What about work colleagues, or work colleagues that are also love interests? 6H, 7H, or 10H? 11H even, or 12H because the relationship is intertwined and confusing altogether? L.A. isn't particularly special, although my friend lives there and when I visited her I fell in love with the weather, the state, and the overall "vibe."

The ninth is ruled by Mercury and Mercury is conjunct your Ascendant - I'd treat it as a first house planet. In a sense LA wants you - its significator has come calling at your place. Mercury has no essential dignity at it's location, LA might seem the right place but things will not be easy if you move there, it will seem strange, even 'foreign' certainly it's unlikely to be as good as you hoped for.

It will be much more expensive than where I am at currently. Do you think Venus and Saturn in the first could have described that as well? Afterall, Venus loves to spend and Saturn loves to save. Although I'm not sure how to correlate Saturn and money together other than in my natal chart Capricorn rules my 8th (technically speaking.) How would you note LA "doesn't" want me? by Jupiter being conj. my ASC (the opposite of Mercury)?

This would suggest a rethink, even without those warning lights. Venus isn't making any application to Mercury (or vice versa), so it doesn't look like your going to make the choice.

And then I said "What about the Moon?" but no I am not just yet. It is merely an incubated thought at this point.

There's one last step - look at the Moon. In your chart it's dignified in Cancer. Many horary astrologers see the Moon's last aspect as indicating what has happened as the background to the question and it's next aspect(s) as indicating what may happen. The Moon's last aspect was a square to the Sun in Libra. The Sun rules your MC, so it's possible that you are a bit dissatisfied with work and are thinking of the move as getting away from your current employment, or things are just not running right and you think it's time for a change.

Does dignified mean it's exalted, or that's a fancy word for "in the sign of"? And when you say "last aspect" does that mean the final aspect it makes altogether if you were going vertically down the aspect grid underneath the wheel (No, because you said the Moon's last aspect was square Sun in Libra. Why is that a last aspect instead of Moon trine Chiron?)

Yes, definitely dissatisfied with work. My field of work I'm in, academics (although I love the subject but I still don't feel inspired or motivated), and I've been in the same place for seven years (when I'm only used to staying for three.)

The Moon however is exactly trine Saturn - not a hard aspect but it does relate to that first house consideration - does it show that you are seeing things worse than they are? Again the red warning lights make it difficult to answer that but raising the issue suggests a wait and try again later. The Moon is applying to a conjunction with Jupiter, suggesting that things will get better and then a trine to Venus and a square to Mercury. If the trine to Venus and square to Mercury were the next two aspects, I'd say that you perhaps someone is going to help you make up your mind to move. However the conjunction with Jupiter intervenes and so I would not see you as deciding to go. Now Jupiter rules your second house of income - perhaps you get a raise, or receive money from other sources and that ensures you stay where you are.

I'd just moved out of my parents and felt isolated at the time of casting the chart I think. Yes, my parents help me with bills a bit here, but I would be totally on my own in L.A. I wouldn't mind being on my own if I had a stable career that afforded living expenses but... it's L.A.

I don't feel as bad now, but I'm still annoyed by my environment. So if the Moon aspects Saturn (and this only applies to Saturn) or anything aspects to Saturn is that a red light? Does the conjunction to Jupiter denote how they will get better?

For a positive outcome, the Moon really needs to aspect both significators in turn as it's next aspects, though if it's next aspect is to one of them, then it might well still show a positive outcome.

Okay, and those significators would be... Venus and Mercury? Venus because of the ASC, and Mercury because of the question. Also whenever we are asking a question in Horary is Mercury important since we're asking a question?

Minderwiz

^ And you were able to tell that by the ASC? Does it matter what sign the ASC is in ever?

The considerations relating to early/late degrees and to Saturn in the first apply in all cases - sign doesn't matter.

LovelyMissAries said:
Ah, apparently so. If the ASC was in Capricorn would I be represented by Saturn instead, regardless that that is said to represent and older figure / gentleman?

Yes you would :( If the matter enquired about was your income/resources and Aquarius or Capricorn was on the cusp of the second, then I might well assign Saturn as the significator for those and use the exaltation ruler of Capricorn to signify you - which is Mars. The reason for that would be that there's no exaltation ruler in Aquarius, so I'd be stuck for a significator if I used Saturn for you, unless there was a convenient planet in the second.

LovelyMissAries said:
So the first house represents both the asker and where they are?

Strictly speaking the ruler of the first represents you. The house it's placed in indicates where you were or what you were doing at the time the question was formulated. The first is not only your mind, body and spirit, it also rules the place that is 'you' - your home. I'd also have said you were at home, if Venus was in the fourth but the first is a more narrow and personal representation of your home.

LovelyMissAries said:
You lost me concerning the Water triplicity. What about Earth, Air, and Fire? And if we had Mars in the 1st house instead of Venus would that weaken the power I have to move? Ahhh, if Mars was in the 1st house in Scorpio or a water sign, it would, because of the conflicting elements. No? (By the way yes, this chart was cast as practice for Horary although I have been contemplating moving...)

Venus is in Scorpio which is a Water sign. Traditional Astrology has a hierarchy of rulerships, Sign ruler - Scorpio is ruled by Mars; Exaltation ruler - there is no planet exalted in Scorpio; Triplicity ruler - Venus rules the Water triplicity by day, so Venus has dignity in Scorpio. If it were a night chart, Mars would be the triplicity ruler, as well as the Sign ruler which would actually suggest he (or rather you) was brimming over with the power to act. The other two rulers are the Term or Bounds ruler, which in this case is Mercury and the Face or Decan ruler which in this case is the Sun. Both Terms and Face are subdivisions of a Sign. I've attached a copy of the chart with the Terms and Faces shown so that you can recognise them. Incidently Scorpio was seen as Mars' stronger house, because Mars was seen as a nocturnal planet.

LovelyMissAries said:
Okay, determining houses for a move is easy. What about work colleagues, or work colleagues that are also love interests? 6H, 7H, or 10H? 11H even, or 12H because the relationship is intertwined and confusing altogether? L.A. isn't particularly special, although my friend lives there and when I visited her I fell in love with the weather, the state, and the overall "vibe."

:) It was wet and a bit cold when I was there - a bit like here at the time.

On the work colleagues that are love interest, it depends entirely on the question specifics. If you were asking a question on a possible romance with a work colleague, I'd use the fifth, unless you were looking for a full blown relationship, in which case I'd use the seventh. The property of being a work colleague is incidental to the more important property of being the intended love interest. The sixth is actually the house of slaves and servants, so I only use that in a situation where the question is about someone who works for you (assuming you don't own any slaves) or is part of a team at work that you manage. The question would also have to be work related, again if you were asking about the love interest, I'd use 5th or 7th. If you were asking if they were doing their job properly, I'd use the sixth.

LovelyMissAries said:
It will be much more expensive than where I am at currently. Do you think Venus and Saturn in the first could have described that as well? Afterall, Venus loves to spend and Saturn loves to save. Although I'm not sure how to correlate Saturn and money together other than in my natal chart Capricorn rules my 8th (technically speaking.) How would you note LA "doesn't" want me? by Jupiter being conj. my ASC (the opposite of Mercury)?

As Venus is your significator, it's not going to benefit from having Saturn in the same house - though the separation is 9 degrees. Here I'd say that Saturn probably shows you were not that serious about the question - there's a difference in being tempted when your down and actually considering plans to move.

I'd note LA as 'not wanting you' if Venus was placed in the detriment of Mercury - if it were in Sagittarius or Pisces.

LovelyMissAries said:
Does dignified mean it's exalted, or that's a fancy word for "in the sign of"? And when you say "last aspect" does that mean the final aspect it makes altogether if you were going vertically down the aspect grid underneath the wheel (No, because you said the Moon's last aspect was square Sun in Libra. Why is that a last aspect instead of Moon trine Chiron?)

Dignified can have two meanings - the first is the one I've used here, that is in one of it's rulerships - Sign, Exaltation, Triplicity, Terms, Face - these are all zodiacal positions and are called essential dignity.

The second meaning relates to where it's placed in the chart. Thus for example a planet that is angular is taken as dignified but in this case it's called an accidental dignity. The same planet in the same sign and degree in another chart might not be angular at all but placed in the eighth house. The 'accident' is the particular event of casting this chart.

The word 'last' here relates to what has happened - the last aspect that the Moon has perfected or completed. It's conjunction to Jupiter lies in the future (as di the aspects to Venus and Mercury).

Horary Astrology uses the traditional planets, so Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Chiron and the asteroids and other dwarf planets aren't used. In principle they could be but there's a problem in that they have no recognised essential dignities, so it would be impossible to tell if they show a capability to act, or not. The result would make it virtually impossible to form a judgement about the possible outcome.

LovelyMissAries said:
I don't feel as bad now, but I'm still annoyed by my environment. So if the Moon aspects Saturn (and this only applies to Saturn) or anything aspects to Saturn is that a red light? Does the conjunction to Jupiter denote how they will get better?

No it's not a red warning light if the Moon or any other planet aspects Saturn. However if Saturn is not one of the significators, then a square or opposition of a significator to Saturn might indicate problems arising in attempting to get the desired result. That's not a reason for not trying though :)

LovelyMissAries said:
Okay, and those significators would be... Venus and Mercury? Venus because of the ASC, and Mercury because of the question. Also whenever we are asking a question in Horary is Mercury important since we're asking a question?

No Mercury is not important in all charts. It's only important if it either signifies the person asking, or the thing asked about. In this case it signifies the thing asked about - the LA move.

Attachments

• LMA Moving.jpg
    LMA Moving.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 676