Examples of interacting with a Mars in 12th house person?

LovelyMissAries

I'm trying to understand what it's like for a person on the receiving end of a Mars in the 12th house. Examples can be professional, friendly, romantic... just curious as to how we are perceived by others.

Minderwiz

I'm trying to understand what it's like for a person on the receiving end of a Mars in the 12th house. Examples can be professional, friendly, romantic... just curious as to how we are perceived by others.

When you say 'on the receiving end' do you mean dealing with someone who has this position or having it yourself and having to deal with it?

Ronia

My son has a 12th house Mars but I don't see how I could ignore the other aspects. He is not only Mars in the 12th house as this Mars is aspected by other planets and the final result is influenced by Sun, Moon, Venus, Ascendant, etc, depending on what relationship he is in with the receiving person and which planet rules the respective house. Over the counter astrological descriptions usulaly give an idea of behind the scenes person (I am such but I don't have Mars in the 12th, so much for the value of this one), lack of energy (not true, I can testify), sickness (for now not true either), lack of will (haven't noticed, on the contrary), passive aggressive (we're more on the fighting actually LOL) and so on, all available in astrological cookbooks.

LovelyMissAries

Minderwiz - Yes, I meant interacting with someone who has this position.

Ronia - Yes, technically there are far more factors that play into a personality than a single aspect. But single aspects all have their own flavor, such does Mars in the 12th house. It's interesting to me to see how people of different Sun signs (Moon signs, Venus signs, etc.) perceive an aspect, or what their experience is. It helps me understand the placement better and come up with new ideas and ways of describing it. I have many astrological cookbooks that all say the same thing in different ways. It's better for my understanding when I'm able to engage with people and brainstorm ways this placement affects them or the people they know with this placement.

I have a 12th house Mars in Gemini that aspects Pluto, conjuncts my ASC, and sextiles my 11H stellium, so I know what you mean that it is not always a passive placement! Because of this it got me thinking of what having a Mars / Neptune or Mars in Pisces is like. Is this a person who cries when upset (although in my experience that is more Mars in Cancer), how do these people achieve what they want? For women (or gay men) how does Mars in Pisces influence the types of guys they attract or are attracted to, etc. Lots and lots of avenues to take that not all astrological cookbooks can answer.

Minderwiz

Minderwiz - Yes, I meant interacting with someone who has this position.

Yes I have this position too, which is why I asked :)

The main reason why it might be seen as a difficult position is that the twelfth house is inconjunct the Ascendant and therefore twelfth house planets are not able to directly relate to the Ascendant (though one might well allow for those within 5 degrees to interact directly). My Mars lies some 11 degrees from my Leo Ascendant so it does not qualify for that allowance. It should be remembered that in Traditional Astrology the Ascendant is 'you' body, mind and spirit, so if Mars is inconjunct then it's difficult to make any use of Mars' energy, at least directly.

Taking up Ronia's point, Mars could still strongly but indirectly affect my Ascendant - by aspecting another planet or planets which in turn directly aspect my Ascendant. That means that I really need to follow her advice and look at my chart as a whole. Mars lies within 8 degrees of my natal Saturn (a conjunction but only just) and Saturn lies but two degrees from my Ascendant (a strong conjunction) so it might be that Saturn acts in some ways as an intermediary. There can of course be other such links, so Mars might not be alienated from my Ascendant at all.

In practice, I do find it hard to use Mars. Saturn is in poor condition and probably acts as a pessimistic restraint on asserting myself. There do come occasions when I can be quite assertive, when the pessimism of Saturn is outweighed by some more urgent need. In those cases I can act quickly and very assertively indeed :)

spiraling

Traditionally, Mars is in well-placed within a cadent house (12th).

My guess is that this person's sense of timing seems otherworldly levels of keen.

Neptunian placement... or, perhaps not.

My assumption is it's between the extremes a naturally amazing sense of timing, or someone who simply can't read the room, and therefore screws their chances over, quite anti-climatically.

LovelyMissAries

Traditionally, Mars is in well-placed within a cadent house (12th).

My guess is that this person's sense of timing seems otherworldly levels of keen.

Neptunian placement... or, perhaps not.

My assumption is it's between the extremes a naturally amazing sense of timing, or someone who simply can't read the room, and therefore screws their chances over, quite anti-climatically.

^ My life story. I have horrible timing, and other times I'll really really really dread or not want to go to school or work and it turns out my class is cancelled, but that seems more Jupiterian (also 12th house) to me. I didn't know this was Mars in 12th related though (timing), and thought it was simply an effect of having a Gemini ASC as Sagittarians are usually the luck-by-chance signs.

Ronia

Ronia - Yes, technically there are far more factors that play into a personality than a single aspect. But single aspects all have their own flavor, such does Mars in the 12th house. It's interesting to me to see how people of different Sun signs (Moon signs, Venus signs, etc.) perceive an aspect, or what their experience is. It helps me understand the placement better and come up with new ideas and ways of describing it. I have many astrological cookbooks that all say the same thing in different ways. It's better for my understanding when I'm able to engage with people and brainstorm ways this placement affects them or the people they know with this placement.

I'm sorry I can't be of any help, I just don't know how to interpret any planet in any house or sign on their own. Small exception for Sun as to me this is the driving force, the engine of the chart. To a certain extend I've managed to see my Venus on her own too but it's only because she doesn't have many aspects, so her behaviour is not drastically altered. However, with any planet, I always see it as a combination of its house placement, sign placement and aspectation. What I can say is that none of what I read in astrological cookbooks about Mars in the 12th is true when it comes to my son, so far. But then his Mars is very strongly aspected and by influential planets, including Sun, from strong houses, and not far from the Ascendant, which are all water signs thus Mars is not in a bad condition at all. Which makes the whole picture quite different from only looking at Mars in the 12th, it just alters the planet's behaviour significantly.

P.S. Don't we all cry when upset? I mean, I do have Mars in Cancer and I've cried probably five times in my entire life but I was upset then. On all other occasions when I was upset I swallowed my tears. Most of my friends cry when they are upset and none of them shares my Mars in Cancer... I'm a bit confused by this. I'd look at the Moon for the crying habits. But we can't ignore the Sun which is the ME, the core of any of us, then the Ascendant and his ruler. If they are in stoic signs I don't really see how the tears would flow easily. It's a big picture, we are all big pictures.

Minderwiz had some very valuable observations on my own Mars which I had never met in books before, so you may want to try and read some traditional astrology... It's an option, at least. Or read the Hellenistic astrology thread here where he shared all this info.

iAmRiotEyes

I have this position.

OUCH best describes it. I do feel frustrated most of the time. It's like I want to take such and such action but I'm keenly aware of how it'd affect everyone and for one reason or another, I mostly deny myself blanky-blank action. Not just because of other people but because sometimes I think, "Why bother." LOL It might just be my stubborn Leo Mars that makes it seem like, "Oh because it went so well the first time, we're going to try that again? Spare us RiotEyes, you see how much it succeeded last time."

We need patience and understanding, a nurturing atmosphere, encouragment... I heard the 12th House has to do with self sacrifice and it does kinda feel that way. Maybe 12th house Mars needs to learn to be a little bit more selfish (that seems to work better for me, when I say F it I'm just going to do this everything is better than when I pass up an opportunity because of someone/something else.)

All in all though, it's a very frustrated energy.

I'm not sure exactly what sphere you'd like to address though. Feel free to ask me though.

YamiMuri

Mars in 12th house is very general term. May represent many things/situations. It is very important in which sign is it, his aspects, degree etc. It is not the same having for example, Mars in Cancer afflicted and having Mars in Capricorn with balanced aspects.
But generally, for Mars in 12th is usually said that person could have problem with law, lack of self-confidence, intense emotional reactions,secret enemies etc