PDA

View Full Version : Purple to Plain

Moongold
18-12-2003, 05:09
I am tending to use the *Plain* background option more and more. For some reason it is a little easier to see and I can have a quick look at Aeclectic at work withouht being so obvious when someone comes in the room.

However, you can't see the print when people write in colours instead of the default white on purple (which translates to black on light grey or white in plain mode).

It is not a really important inconvenience but more people now seem to be writing even ordinary posts in some sort of colour. I suppose is a gentle, far from insistent request to stick with the white except for special occasions for those of us who are a little visually challenged (I have some trouble with colours).

I've just realised that I can actually read the printable version - so that is one way of getting over this!

How many of you actually use the plain mode more than just occasionally?

Moongold

Tallarico
18-12-2003, 06:44
Moongold,
I have *sensitive* eyes (lol along with everything else *wink*) I have trouble reading on white, even at work, becaue to me, white is too bright! The eye doc thinks it stems from the vitiligo. So any web page that is a darker color is a site for sore eyes.

People at work really don't come 'round so I am okay there!

This is a late edit, but as I was driving tonight, I thought of this post; because I find it so much easier to drive at night in the darkness, than in the day with the killer sunlight!

Majecot
18-12-2003, 15:18
Moongold,
I use the Plain setting because I am usually on line at work. When I come to a post that has colored print that I cannot see, I just drag the mouse across it and highlight the letters. It makes it easier to read.

(I too am visually challenged ;))

Moongold
18-12-2003, 17:33
Isn't it amazing what things can go wrong with the eyes!

But we seem to manage OK.

Bean Feasa
18-12-2003, 22:49
Hi Moongold,
I'm the ultimate at-work surfer, I'm afraid, so I use the plain settings, and I know what you mean about the colours being difficult to read. I use the trick Majecot has outlined above (hi Majecot!), and find it works very well.
Take care of those eyes.
blessings,
Kate

Astraea
18-12-2003, 22:52
Hi, Moongold. I did not even realize that there was a "plain" option, but I find colored type very irritating to my eyes and difficult to read, even on the purple and blue fields.

Alta
22-12-2003, 06:59
Hi Moongold, I use the Plain setting all the time, not just at work. I find the coloured posts impossible to read. I quickly run the cursor over them and 'highlight' them so I can read them. I am sorry this fad ever started. Especially yellow. erk.

TemperanceAngel
14-01-2004, 08:44
I had never used the purple until reading this thraed and am enjoying using it more and more :) XTAX