Help Identifying Some Crystals?

Padma

top left is either bloodstone or malachite, I think - the lower left is aventurine, pretty sure about that one, the lower far right is either prehnite or dragonstone, and I believe the top far right is sodalite. Hard to tell, the image is a bit blurry, can't see the details too well...

I can't quite determine what the two in the middle are, top one might be some form of feldspar, like Labradorite?

Hope that helps :)

Spencer

top left is either bloodstone or malachite, I think - the lower left is aventurine, pretty sure about that one, the lower far right is either prehnite or dragonstone, and I believe the top far right is sodalite. Hard to tell, the image is a bit blurry, can't see the details too well...

I can't quite determine what the two in the middle are, top one might be some form of feldspar, like Labradorite?

Hope that helps :)

Ah! Aventurine! I should have known that one! The top left does seem to match malachite and the low right prehnite. Thank you! Not sure about the other being sodalite though they do seem similar... The top middle could be labradorite. I took a (hopefully) clearer picture of it as well as the other two. Hopefully they're easier to see. Thank you again!!

http://i44.tinypic.com/2s9epud.png
http://i42.tinypic.com/jue141.png

Padma

took another look at your top middle stone, the black one with heaps of little green blue dabs (one I thought was feldspar) looks more like a form of turquoise now that I see the close up.

Your middle lower row stone might well be tree agate...or jadite.

:)

ETA sodalite can have many striations of grey, blue, dark blue, white, black.

ETA x 2: Your top far left green/black stone could well be eliat stone...

Spencer

took another look at your top middle stone, the black one with heaps of little green blue dabs (one I thought was feldspar) looks more like a form of turquoise now that I see the close up.

Your middle lower row stone might well be tree agate...or jadite.

:)

ETA sodalite can have many striations of grey, blue, dark blue, white, black.

ETA x 2: Your top far left green/black stone could well be eliat stone...

It could be, I just compared it to the little piece of turquoise that I have and they do seem rather similar. Thank you again for another identification!
I do remember reading about green and other colored sodalite, I was actually thinking that the bottom middle might be one but jadeite does look much more fitting. I think I will mark the top far right as sodalite the more I compare with my blue sodalite the more I agree.
Eilat stone matches it a bit better than malachite, I think I'll go read more about them both but I'll probably end up calling it that. Thank you so much for your help! :heart:

Padma

No worries! Glad I could help, Spencer :)

ETA no doubt you will receive other thought-provoking replies from others too! ;)

stonesatiety

Lotus does some great identification! The only thing I would add is that maybe the top-middle stone with blue could be chrysocolla or chrysocolla/malachite. We were talking about chrysocolla awhile back.

I would sure like to meet one of those stones that might be sodalite! Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Spencer

Lotus does some great identification! The only thing I would add is that maybe the top-middle stone with blue could be chrysocolla or chrysocolla/malachite. We were talking about chrysocolla awhile back.

I would sure like to meet one of those stones that might be sodalite! Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Agreed, Lotus has been an amazing help! :heart:
Hmm...I'm gonna look more into Chrysocolla, thank you!

The possible sodalite is very energetic...and a cat magnet... :laugh:
Thanks for your input!

ThunderWolf

Here are my takes to add to the mix. I can't be sure without seeing them in person though. To me, top left looks like Moss Agate. Top right looks like it may be some type of Jasper. Bottom left could be either the Green Aventurine someone already mentioned or possibly a form of Jade. Bottom middle definitely looks to me like Tree Agate, and the bottom right looks to me like it could be a White Opal. The top middle eludes me.

stonesatiety

Agreed, Lotus has been an amazing help! :heart:
Hmm...I'm gonna look more into Chrysocolla, thank you!

The possible sodalite is very energetic...and a cat magnet... :laugh:
Thanks for your input!

Aha! A cat magnet! My last kitty LOVED sodalite. I introduced her to a double terminated cut and polished sodalite wand--the blue with white variety--and flowed energy into her as she ate food. She loved me to pet her as she ate, so this was somewhat normal for us.

Po ran outside and soon I heard a loud meOOOOWWWRRR!!! a few times maybe three houses away. She was on a cat jihad, pumped up from the sodalite. I quickly grounded her from a distance and didn't hear her again. She returned later calm and nonchalant, as if nothing happened. Cats! I learned that, with Po, easy does it with the sodalite! She loved it so much I kept the wand near where she liked to look out the window from the couch, and sleep on the rug in the corner, for the rest of her days.