Papaya quartz anyone?

RavenTree

Hi,

does anyone have any experience working with this crystal? I've been recently drawn to start wearing this after a long time, and I was just about to go scour the net before it occurred to me to ask you all on Aeclectic. Would appreciate any feedback you have to share. My very first thread! Yaaaay! :D

shelikes2read

Make sure to do some googling on the stone before buying. There are several fruit-named "quartzes" that are actually manmade glass. For example, "cherry quartz" and "blueberry quartz" spring to mind.

Papaya Quartz looks like it's the real deal, though. What I've seen of it so far suggests that this is a natural stone.

Two other Quartzes that have fruit names, but are natural stones, are Strawberry Quartz and Tangerine Quartz. Even then, I'd make a point of examining the item (or its photo) to determine whether it appears to be a natural stone, vs. manmade glass being labeled as quartz.

I haven't worked with Papaya Quartz yet, but it looks like it would resonate well with the Sacral and Solar Plexus Chakras, thanks to its color.

RavenTree

Thanks shelikes2read, I had no idea about those other fruit quartzes. I'll be more careful in my buys in the future. I'm sure my papaya quartz is real though. Sacral and solar plexus huh...perhaps I've been out of balance and needed the extra boost. Thanks again. [:)]