Discovery of a New Oracle "Lexicon" Deck of Cards 1935

La Force

I Discovered a New Oracle, "Lexicon" by John Waddington - This Deck is dated February 8th, 1935.

Here is a link to what deck I have, and what it looks like. Wow this deck is so old and very well used, but in good condition, sad to say though I don't have the box it came in. I found it at a second hand store, paid 1.00 for it.

http://gamesmuseum.uwaterloo.ca/VirtualExhibits/CardGames/Lexicon/

Summary
This "Lexicon" is a Game of creating "Words".

From the LWB

Lexicon caters for all types of players whose tastes differ widely. A family game, an instructive game, a gamble wild and fierce, a solus game, a round game, in fact, every type of game can be played. Variations on the original game are numerous.

Okay this game is really creepyily accurate, I have already tested it out, on myself and a couple friends. How can I describe it, well you ask it a question, layout the spread.

"LEXICON PATIENCES BRIGHTON (or WORD SQUARES)". You can have a FIVE SQUARE problem or Larger, really it doesn't matter what size the square is, it can be even a 3x3 square.

Deal out face upwards a square of 4 , 5 , 6, or 7 cards. Rearrange the letters in the square to form the greatest number of words possible. Complete words may be formed horizontally, perpendicularly or diagonally.

I have asked questions Like, what my Name? and creepy creepy my name was there in full , (5x5 square). Then I asked what color my eyes were? again it answered with these words.

I say
True
Brown

Then I tried out other questions about my kids, and a AT member here, This really shocked me cause this even picked up the name of the AT member Son's name. wow it shocked us both.

I just wanted to let you know that you can divine this deck, even though the cards have just the letters of the Alphabet on them, you can get names of people, places, etc. It sorta kinda reminds me of Crossword search, crossword puzzle, scrabble, and the Ouija board, in card form, But NOT, if you know what I mean. any ways check it out, fun fun,

I may start a reading thread, and we can play the game :) so would any one be interested to play?

However I have no idea where on the forum this should go, Yes it a deck of Card, Yes you are using divination, please let me know. thanks. :)

La Force

theboomz

Wow! Yes, start a thread, plz.

La Force

So where on the forum would it be best appropriate to start the thread? Oracle readings (forum) or (divination forum) ?

Mycroft

Lexicon was produced by Waddingtons up until 1968, with the final version being the one in a double sized red box, which was still available in shops well into the 70s. Today it is produced by a company called Winning Moves, who market it as 'Top Cards Lexicon'.

On of the uses that Lexicon decks were put to, that was never, ever mentioned by Waddingtons, although it undoubtedly accounted for quite a percentage of its sales, was as a "Glass Ouija." The letters were arranged in a circle and an upturned glass placed in the middle. Each person present placed a finger on the glass, and it would move from letter to letter, spelling out messages (well, sometimes it would.) A lexicon set is seen being used for this very purpose in an episode of Gerry Anderson's UFO (1970) entitled 'The Cat With Ten Lives'.

6njw.jpg

97fo.jpg

La Force

Lexicon was produced by Waddingtons up until 1968, with the final version being the one in a double sized red box, which was still available in shops well into the 70s. Today it is produced by a company called Winning Moves, who market it as 'Top Cards Lexicon'.

On of the uses that Lexicon decks were put to, that was never, ever mentioned by Waddingtons, although it undoubtedly accounted for quite a percentage of its sales, was as a "Glass Ouija." The letters were arranged in a circle and an upturned glass placed in the middle. Each person present placed a finger on the glass, and it would move from letter to letter, spelling out messages (well, sometimes it would.) A lexicon set is seen being used for this very purpose in an episode of Gerry Anderson's UFO (1970) entitled 'The Cat With Ten Lives'.

6njw.jpg

97fo.jpg

OMGosh my gut was right, that it is a Ouija board, that is how it felt, when I asked questions, and bang, the answer was right there in front of me. holy smokes. I best be careful.

La Force