PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of crystals...

M-Press
29-12-2003, 09:08
Hi!
This is the firtst time I pop into this section, and the reason is because I'm afraid of crystals!

i used to have a nice collection (about 15), well maybe that's a small collection, but it was very colorful and all...
I tried to keep up with the cleansing and all, and then I neglected them, and freaked out, so I put them in a box,,and hid it in a closet, and eventually I gave them away...

But I sure felt their energy...

recently, I decided to try again, so went out and bought a bunch again...
But I feel that again I don't attend them well enough...

I like things that are there when I need them (like astrology, and Tarot), but when I want to forget about them for months, to be able to do so too...and with crystals, it feels like having a dog! You don't take care of it-forget it!

Anybody has the same experience? or an idea, how I can be less afraid of them? and to maybe develop a relationship that can fit eachother's style??
Thank you!

skytwig
29-12-2003, 09:16
Awww, mpress, I am touched by your concern for your 'pet' crystals....

I have been a rock 'hound' all of my life... As a child i used to wash them and care for them like they were my 'babies'... then my brutal father would throw them away!!!

Now I have tons again and no one can throw them away!!! wuhooooooo :D

Believe me, your crystals understand..... They come into your life and adjust to your life; they probably know it before they get there.

I have many of mine right next to my armchair and I will pick one or two up as I meditate.... or I may just look at them. They don't expect alot of attention, but they prefer to be where you can see and enjoy them....

do not fear them.... they are gnome like beings who adore simply grounding our space for us.... they just like being near you....

(But i can hear you rocks saying they love your concern!!! )

:) skytwig

Books to read: Books by Melody; Crystal Power, Crystal Healing by Michael Gienger

Majecot
29-12-2003, 09:29
mpress... I was surprised at your comment that you feared your crystals.
Like skytwig.. I have been a "pretty rock" collector since I was old enough to play in the driveway. (my dad was a brute too) . I used to glue them on sheets of paper and write the names next to them and a lot of them I kept in an old cigar box.

I have had some of the same crystals for years .. and like you I take them out when I feel like I need them. some of them I am not even sure of their uses. But I have never felt like they were upset at having been ignored.
My rocks have a little better of a" house" now but I still pack them away for months at a time.

I would not worry about it. Skytig I like the gnome theory :D

Bluemanticore
29-12-2003, 10:11
M-Press, the way I look at it is this. The stones we have, spent from thousands to millions of years in the earth before they were dug up and put into our service. They are used to sleeping for long periods of time. Thus, when a crystal is not needed, it easily goes into hibernation, recharging and storing up its energy until it is needed again. Your not using a stone for a long period time, say days to years, is nothing compared to how long that crystal was asleep before it was dug up. So don't feel bad, you cannot hurt their feelings, they are used to sitting in one place for long periods of time. Hope my 2 cents help. :)

Blessed be,
BlueManticore

TemperanceAngel
29-12-2003, 10:26
This thread reminded me that when I was about 7 I found a quartz crystal about an inch long, with little ones around the base, how special!!!

But I decided to break it into its separate crystals with a hammer. I still regret it now, it was a gift from nature for me.

XTAX

Ruby7
29-12-2003, 12:32
I love crystals and have been collecting them for a few years now. I have never cleansed my crystals and I do not worry about them.

However I just got Cunningham's book "Crystal, Gem and Metal Magic" and after reading a few pages I realized that if I do any of the applications I will cleanse or charge the stones depending on what the stone is being used for.

But I wouldn't worry so much about your stones, there is certainly nothing to fear,

Ruby7

M-Press
29-12-2003, 12:36
Oh!
I'm so glad i posted my fears!
I already feel better! No more guilt over rocks!
I remember once i had a small rosequartz into my pocket, for weeks, and then one day, the rock dissapeared , in the house, just by the couch in the livingroom! i looked for it everywhere, but with no results....and i knew it dissapeared RIGHT THERE!!!!
Two months later, the stone showed up again, at THAT SPOT, by the couch....
That freaked me out, because I have heared how they have "a mind of their own"...!
But now, after your inputs on this, I will see them more as...friends by invitation????
Thank you!

skytwig
29-12-2003, 13:12
Originally posted by TemperanceAngel
when I was about 7, I found a quartz crystal about an inch long, with little ones around the base, how special!!!

But I decided to break it into its separate crystals with a hammer. I still regret it now, it was a gift from nature for me. XTAX At 7, we tend to be more in tune with our intuition..... you probably did the right thing..... the crystals may have wanted to be separated...... :)

skytwig
29-12-2003, 13:16
Originally posted by M-Press
Oh!
I'm so glad i posted my fears!
I already feel better! No more guilt over rocks! ... I will see them more as...friends by invitation????
Thank you! Wuhooooooo, m press..... the important thing is to ENJOY them..... :laugh: They are gifted to us by Earth, Herself, for our delight and healing work......

Fun is always the key! :)

M-Press
29-12-2003, 13:53
oh-la-la!
I think I will go home, and have a reunion party with my rocks!!!!!
with teh appropriate music, of course....!
:)

Jewel-ry
29-12-2003, 17:53
Hey M-press!

How did the reunion go??

I'm sure your crystals want to be your friend. I have mine in my singing bowl and for weeks they are just left there with only each other for company. They are fine. When I want one they give themselves to me freely. No worries. Enjoy them.

J :)

M-Press
31-12-2003, 06:43
Just got home after being away for a while...
i "saw" them sitting quetly in my cushioned thai silk box...
I think that towards the new year's celebration, I'll let them have an important part!
It will be starting something new... i will actually show them in public...!
Will look for the right vessel tomorrow!

skytwig
31-12-2003, 06:48
Originally posted by M-Press
i "saw" them sitting quetly in my cushioned thai silk box... That container sounds pretty cool already, mpress.... Can you use that for display?

It is so neat seeing you change your perspective of your stodgy friends! I like your willingness to discover! :)