Libra + Gemini = ?

Amy-2609

See, I know in theory Libras and Geminis are meant to get along quite well. But truth be told, Geminis are my least favourite people.

I've dated one; my mother dated one; people from school; mutual friends; classmates...
I've found them all to be two-faced, socially orientated and self-motivated. I know of only 2 Geminis that I can tolerate.

Having said that, a dear friend of mine has quite a lot of Gemini in his chart. Here is a quick breakdown:

Me:
Rising - Leo
Sun - Libra
Moon - Aquarius
Mercury - Libra
Venus - Virgo
Mars - Libra

Him:
Rising - Gemini
Sun - Leo
Moon - Gemini
Mercury - Cancer
Venus - Virgo
Mars - Gemini

I can spot a few parallels with our charts"
I share Leo in my ascendant
Share Venus in Virgo
He has a lot of Gemini, I have a lot of Libra
Both Air in Moon signs.

And I can see where a few of his Gemini traits come out (not entirely certain of his emotions; not entirely honest or upfront about matters of the heart; doesn't like overly emotional people).

I was wondering what someone else's interpretation of our friendship would be; and, possibly, what we would be like in a romantic relationship.

Ronia

Look at synastry but without a chart and degrees... How could anyone guess if the aspects are trines or squares, which houses planets are in, what they rule, in which house of the other they fall? It all matters. Not so much the Sun sign on its own although I personally avoid some at all cost.

Amy-2609

See, I never learned about degrees or trines. I have no real idea how they influence things :/

ravenest

Without the relevant info one has to be (heavens forbid ... i.e. not allowed in astrology ;) ) .... general.

Going off the OP title ... = 4

Libra has a bit of a polarity going there too you know ;)

Two scales in Libra and two lines horizontal : twins in Gemini and two lines vertical.

#

As 'a Gemini' ... and also a 'Mercurial person', (which might be more to the point) I am always cautious of 'Librans' - no reason :) just a string of wacky Librans and women in my life . Oh ... and the issue of Librans actually being the Scorpions claws - now they been chopped off, those scales are swinging all over the place. (Maybe something to do with her actually being Virgo ... or part of/belonging to Virgo ? ;) )

Mercury has a bit of a 'two lines' or pillars going in it as well.

{ But you need to draw up a magic square / Karmea of Mercury and play 'join the dots' in consecutive numbers ; http://www.jainmathemagics.com/Editor/assets/benfmsq8x8banner.jpg
- oh and you need Ben Franklin's version of the magic square }

IMO both have a 'double agenda';

Gemini is annoying because it sooo analyses both sides of an intellectual issue.

Libra is annoying because it spends sooo much time swinging from one 'emotive view' to the opposite. (Libration ... which is a movement relative to another body ... in this case Gemini )

Put that together and ...

Minderwiz

Using Whole Sign Houses it's possible to do a little synsastry but it still needs to be treated with care because the other two classical planets, Jupiter and Saturn are not mentioned and, despite what some Modern Astrologers might think, they are 'personal' and indeed always have been treated as such.

So he has his Sun in your First house, though as you don't say whether there's any planets in your first we have to be careful. The Sun is your Ascendant ruler so there's a strong connection here - his mind and yours have a real connection.

Your Moon and his Moon are in a trine - that is they are in signs of the same element and the same gender - there's a connection again, and one that makes for easy understanding of each other's instinctive responses, Vettius Valens says that the Moon influences that part of us that wants to sharea life with someone - it influences our marriage decisions. There will be some differences. His Moon is ruled by Mercury and as Mercury is in Cancer, there's a mutual reception between the two. Saturn rules your Moon, but you don't give Saturn's placement so it's difficult to know if there will be some stress or some further strengthening of the link. As you were both born before Sunrise, you are both 'lunar' oriented.

Venus is connected to 'love and yearning' - love here is both romantic but also related to hobbies and activities and the way you dress - love of 'play' love of fashion, etc. Venus too is good for relationships. Your Venus is in your second house (using WSH) ruled by Mercury in your third. There's not a connection between the two by aspect. His Venus is also ruled by Mercury but his Mercury is in Cancer and so it is connected to Venus by aspect. His Venus is in the fourth, yours is in the second, not great connections for romance but as they are both in conjunction - his Venus and your Venus will tend to 'co-operate'.

Mars is, according to Valens 'in general a significator of one's masculinity'. Now Valens wrote nearly 2,000 years ago, so his statement might not be culturally PC any more but his Mars is in Gemini, his first house - it's ruled by his Mercury and that is in Cancer, Gemini is a masculine sign but Cancer is a feminine one, ruled by the archetypal female signficator, the Moon. He's a man but he's not one that feels he has to exert his masculinity all the time. He's more gentle. However his Mars is square to your Venus, that's a more stressful relationship. At a romantic level you might find some tension - though tension can be a useful in a romantic situation it has to be channeled and that requires effort. You will not that the same aspect applies to his own Mars/Venus relationship.

Your Mercury is in Libra, an Air sign and Mercury rules the Air Triplicity by night, so your Mercury has some dignity in your chart. Mercury is concerned with education, communication and intelligence - generally it signifies your rational mind. His Mercury is in Cancer, it squares your Mercury - I suspect that whilst you communicate and communicate well, he's more likely to blend his instincts with his rational thought processes. You're likely to be rather more oriented to reason as your Moon is ruled by your Mercury, the reverse of his position. That's not in any way going to block communication as the two Mercury's are linked by a square - but it's another area that you might find a little tension. I'm not going to stress that - his Moon/Mercury combination works well because of the mutual reception, so this could be something that you hardly notice and the Mercury/Moon combination is there for both of you. Communication may be a little easier than the square suggests.

OK that's a sketch. It cannot be taken as complete by any stress of the imagination - there are planets missing that could change things significantly. The degrees of the planets also will influence the final situation though more through intensity rather than anything else. Finally, I've used Whole Sign Houses - Most Western Astrologers would use a quadrant house system, such as the default charts generated on astro,com (though WSH houses are an option there) and that might well lead to one or more planets changing houses. The planet's rulers will remain the same though - that mutual reception between his Mercury and Moon will not be affected.

Amy-2609

Using Whole Sign Houses it's possible to do a little synsastry but it still needs to be treated with care because the other two classical planets, Jupiter and Saturn are not mentioned and, despite what some Modern Astrologers might think, they are 'personal' and indeed always have been treated as such.

So he has his Sun in your First house, though as you don't say whether there's any planets in your first we have to be careful. The Sun is your Ascendant ruler so there's a strong connection here - his mind and yours have a real connection.

Your Moon and his Moon are in a trine - that is they are in signs of the same element and the same gender - there's a connection again, and one that makes for easy understanding of each other's instinctive responses, Vettius Valens says that the Moon influences that part of us that wants to sharea life with someone - it influences our marriage decisions. There will be some differences. His Moon is ruled by Mercury and as Mercury is in Cancer, there's a mutual reception between the two. Saturn rules your Moon, but you don't give Saturn's placement so it's difficult to know if there will be some stress or some further strengthening of the link. As you were both born before Sunrise, you are both 'lunar' oriented.

Venus is connected to 'love and yearning' - love here is both romantic but also related to hobbies and activities and the way you dress - love of 'play' love of fashion, etc. Venus too is good for relationships. Your Venus is in your second house (using WSH) ruled by Mercury in your third. There's not a connection between the two by aspect. His Venus is also ruled by Mercury but his Mercury is in Cancer and so it is connected to Venus by aspect. His Venus is in the fourth, yours is in the second, not great connections for romance but as they are both in conjunction - his Venus and your Venus will tend to 'co-operate'.

Mars is, according to Valens 'in general a significator of one's masculinity'. Now Valens wrote nearly 2,000 years ago, so his statement might not be culturally PC any more but his Mars is in Gemini, his first house - it's ruled by his Mercury and that is in Cancer, Gemini is a masculine sign but Cancer is a feminine one, ruled by the archetypal female signficator, the Moon. He's a man but he's not one that feels he has to exert his masculinity all the time. He's more gentle. However his Mars is square to your Venus, that's a more stressful relationship. At a romantic level you might find some tension - though tension can be a useful in a romantic situation it has to be channeled and that requires effort. You will not that the same aspect applies to his own Mars/Venus relationship.

Your Mercury is in Libra, an Air sign and Mercury rules the Air Triplicity by night, so your Mercury has some dignity in your chart. Mercury is concerned with education, communication and intelligence - generally it signifies your rational mind. His Mercury is in Cancer, it squares your Mercury - I suspect that whilst you communicate and communicate well, he's more likely to blend his instincts with his rational thought processes. You're likely to be rather more oriented to reason as your Moon is ruled by your Mercury, the reverse of his position. That's not in any way going to block communication as the two Mercury's are linked by a square - but it's another area that you might find a little tension. I'm not going to stress that - his Moon/Mercury combination works well because of the mutual reception, so this could be something that you hardly notice and the Mercury/Moon combination is there for both of you. Communication may be a little easier than the square suggests.

OK that's a sketch. It cannot be taken as complete by any stress of the imagination - there are planets missing that could change things significantly. The degrees of the planets also will influence the final situation though more through intensity rather than anything else. Finally, I've used Whole Sign Houses - Most Western Astrologers would use a quadrant house system, such as the default charts generated on astro,com (though WSH houses are an option there) and that might well lead to one or more planets changing houses. The planet's rulers will remain the same though - that mutual reception between his Mercury and Moon will not be affected.

Wow... That's a lot to process in one go, haha! My friend - the one who started explaining Astrology more to me - said she only takes the signs/placements* I listed into consideration. I tried to learn more about degrees, but the numbers were just too overwhelming for me.

Okay - my Moon and Saturn are in Aquarius, so that is good? See, I only know how to compare Moon/Venus, Rising/Sun, and Rising/Sun/Moon. I know I should take Mars into consideration with Venus and/or Moon, but... honestly, I always did fine with this minimalist approach.

Ronia

I tried to learn more about degrees, but the numbers were just too overwhelming for me.

Astro.com, for example, will give you the aspects between both charts, you don't need to learn any degrees. Although you already know them anyways from school math. :) If it works well for you to take only signs, that's great. For me not only signs don't work well enough but even aspects, and positive ones on top of that, don't make a synastry turn necessarily into a relationship. It's only potential which may or may not be realized. Unfortunately. What I look at mostly are planets on angles as I've found out they are game changers, for good or bad.

Minderwiz

Wow... That's a lot to process in one go, haha! My friend - the one who started explaining Astrology more to me - said she only takes the signs/placements* I listed into consideration. I tried to learn more about degrees, but the numbers were just too overwhelming for me.

It's not quite enough unless you want a very simple sketch - you need to consider where those planets are relative to your rising sign and the extent to which they 'see' each other - or interact with each other. Degrees can be ignored for a rough sketch but if you're going into a serious analysis then degrees matter. Of course a rough sketch might be all your looking for, just to get an idea of how things might stand. Just bear in mind that a rough sketch may miss quite important info.

Amy-2609 said:
Okay - my Moon and Saturn are in Aquarius, so that is good? See, I only know how to compare Moon/Venus, Rising/Sun, and Rising/Sun/Moon. I know I should take Mars into consideration with Venus and/or Moon, but... honestly, I always did fine with this minimalist approach.

Saturn rules your Moon, so there's a relationship there to start with. Saturn in Aquarius is good but if Saturn's in opposition to your Ascendant then you might find that things never go as easy as you expect.

Minimalism can be easy to understand but if it's too minimal there's nothing there. It's like giving someone a map with five dots on marking the places you've got to go through to get from Melbourne to Adelaide but to keep it minimalist they don't include any roads or railways or rivers, nor where the nearest airport is. It might look good but it's usefulness is a bit limited. Add in say just the main roads and it gets better, add a few secondary roads and now you might be able to navigate your way there. :)