PDA

View Full Version : LH margine envelope icon

tgzzzz
03-01-2004, 00:25
I have a post in readings that has an envelope with a black dot on it that I see no reference to. Whatsit mean?

lark
03-01-2004, 01:18
hi tgzzzz
It means you posted a reply in that thread.

tgzzzz
03-01-2004, 22:32
Lark, sorry to be a dunce. Can you give me that again? Now that you replied, I see the icon has changed, but it was just a dot after I posted it.

lark
04-01-2004, 00:56
Well if you're a dunce so am I, because it took me forever to figure out what those things were doing.
I'm laughing because you called them envelopes (which is probably what they are) I always thought they were little purses!!???

This is what I've figured out about them. I may be wrong but if I am someone will show up to straighten us both out.
So here goes

A yellow envelope is a new post that just got written today.
A red envelope is an old post but someone replied to it today.
If there is a black dot in the middle of the envelope that means you wrote a response in that thread.

The envelopes turn grey after you look at that thread. So if you see a grey envelope you know you've looked at that thread already. But I think it will turn red or yellow again if some one responds to it after you've looked at it.

The black dot always stays there so you know which threads you have responded too, they can be in the middle of a red, yellow, or grey envelope.

Wheew! I hope I got that all right. And I hope it helps.

wavebreaker
04-01-2004, 01:08
If you go to a forum page, for example the Tech Suppport forum page (http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=6) and scroll down to the bottom, you'll see a legend explaining some of the envelopes (not the one with the dot though... ;) ).

A yellow envelope, for example, indicates a new post or a thread with new replies. And a red envelope indicates a thread with more than 15 replies or more than 150 views, so you could say that those are the popular threads. ;)

lark
04-01-2004, 01:13
Oh thank you Wavebreaker! I knew I had seen those icons somewhere but I scurried all over and couldn't find them.

Majecot
04-01-2004, 06:31
lark, I am laughing too, they look like purses with bullet holes to me ....lol

tgzzzz
04-01-2004, 22:51
Comments again prove how differently we can all see same thing. I think where I lost it was (1) at birth, (2) pretty much every day since. Seriously, Lark, what I didn't get was your statement that the dot was because I had responded to the message. I had not literally responded; I started the thread. But I now see as far as the computer is concerned, I did something. Presumably, I don't see your dots/bulletholes. Thanks one and all 'cause I searched for an explanation prior to original post.

Ace
07-07-2004, 05:13
You have explained most of the envelopes, but why do some have rays radiating off them? and what does the DOWN arrow mean?
Barb

HudsonGray
07-07-2004, 09:28
I get the pouches, those are ok. But what makes some of the icons just be envelopes & not pouches?

They do turn grey when you look at them. Can't figure out why the rays come out of some though, like Ace says.

LadyMedusa
12-07-2004, 00:08
I think the "rays " (which I only see on closed envelopes) indicate that when open it is a red envelope.

LadyMedusa

Solandia
12-07-2004, 00:18
The rays are an indicator of a 'hot' thread, ie topics with a lot of activity. At the moment a hot thread is one with more than 150 views or 15 posts.

~ Solandia

HudsonGray
12-07-2004, 05:32
Then what's the difference between an envelope & a pouch?

Solandia
20-07-2004, 23:02
All of the icons are envelopes. I believe a grey one is an old or read thread, a yellow one means a thread with new posts, while a red one means new posts in a hot thread.

~ Solandia

Majecot
23-07-2004, 14:15
Originally posted by lark

I'm laughing because you called them envelopes (which is probably what they are) I always thought they were little purses!!???

ROFLMAO!!!! Lark they looked like purses to me too!! :D

I never new what those dots were either