PDA

View Full Version : PM box full

Diana
03-01-2004, 18:45
I got an e-mail to say someone had tried to send me a PM, but my PM box was full.

But there were only about 50 messages in it (including the outbox). It even said "you have 50 messages".

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Also, I am pretty certain someone sent me a PM after I received that e-mail.......

wavebreaker
03-01-2004, 21:16
Have you selected "Show messages from the beginning" in your Inbox (it's the option in the upper left corner of the screen) to show all messages? If you don't select this option, only newer messages will be shown, so you won't see all messages.

Also, have you checked any other folders than your Inbox, such as the Outbox and Message Tracking, and any other folders you may have created?

fairyhedgehog
03-01-2004, 22:04
I found this useful, as I'd forgotten to check my Outbox. I'm not clear though about how many PMs can be in all the boxes at any time and how to find out how many messages I have?

wavebreaker
03-01-2004, 22:16
I'm not sure about the exact amount, but I think it's around 90.

And if you go to the Aeclectic home page (http://www.tarotforum.net/index.php?s=) and scroll down to the bottom, there a section there called "Private Messages" where it says:

[user] - You have x new message(s) since your last visit.
(You have x unread messages and x total messages in all your folders.)

The total should be the total of all messages in all your folders.

Diana
03-01-2004, 22:22
wavebreaker: I think it's 90 or 99.

But the total number of my messages was 50 (or 51).....

If it occurs again, I'll report it again. If it doesn't, then it's just one of those strange computer things which are unexplainable (to me anyway).

And if anyone else has this problem, maybe they should report it too.

I deleted some old PMs in any case and am now receiving PMs. What I will do is not delete for the time being and see what happens.

fairyhedgehog
04-01-2004, 00:38
Thanks wavebreaker :)