Hello from a Crystal newbie :D

pickled pixie

Hello, I thought I'd pop into this forum and say hi! I am new to crystals I've only stumbled upon them because my husband bought me a beautiful Calcite Optical Spar Sphere, It is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen, full of rainbows and when you look deep inside it, its like peeking into a magical realm :D I noticed when I held it that it kinda gave off a humming feeling and didn't realize that's what crystals do until I read up on it! Now I'm feeling drawn to crystals in a BIG way!! Can anyone suggest some really great crystals to put on my wish list. Also is the energy stronger with a larger unpolished crystal or does it not matter?? Sorry I'm a real newbie to all this stuff! :D

Pickled Pixie :)

stonesatiety

Hi! The stones have called you. That sounds like a beautiful sphere. Well, you know you like calcite! Calcite comes in many colors as crystals, clusters, chunks and the cut and polished forms.

I would go with what attracts you. Notice how your body feels as you look at or think about a stone you like. In my case, that was smoky, citrine, clear and white elestial quartz for starters, with lots of amethyst as well.

Most people like rose quartz, which is mostly found in cut and polished form. It's a soothing heart stone.

Either clear or milky quartz may attract you. I liked the milky type first, then gradually came to like the clear just as much.

Some grounding stones would be a good idea, to help you settle from all the energy flow. Hematite, obsidian and tourmaline are good starting points, whichever you feel most comfortable with.

Powerful stones can come in all sizes, natural, semi-natural and completely polished forms. In my experience, the crystal you need at the moment will be the most powerful for you. That could be a fifty-pound quartz crystal, a two pound calcite sphere, a pocket-sized raw saphire or a rock from the yard. It depends on what you need and what you are open to receiving.

That said, of course the fifty-pound crystal could easily entertain your entire neighborhood! Big crystals are quite powerful, but you can't carry them in a pocket or purse.

Let us know of your adventures!

pickled pixie

Thank you for the advice! I've been and stocked up on a few more crystals! Rose quartz, tourmaline and amethyst! But the one that's really calling me is Moldavite!! :D

stonesatiety

Glad to hear you are gathering some stones. Moldavite is a powerful stone. I have a piece that I really enjoy. There are threads here with lots of discussion about Moldavite. Keep those grounding stones handy! :)

spiritsofthewolf

Well its all personal preference and what resonates best with you personally. Always go with the ones that "calls out to you" in a way. But here is a list of some of my personal favorites: Smokey quartz, clear quartz, moldavite, amethyst, carnelian, garnet, dioptase, moonstone, labradorite, citrine, Larimar, Lepidolite, ruby, rutilated quartz, peridot, blue goldstone, and sunstone. <3 <3