homosexuality indicators

lou

is it possible to see homosexuality in a natal chart? what are indicators of that?

Mystic Zyl

I feel the answer is yes. There are many books written on the subject. I just let a friend borrow them or I would have given you the titles and authors.

Lee

Astrology author Kevin Burk, on his website, writes that in his opinion the idea of astrological indicators for homosexuality is inherently homophobic, because most such theories depend on Uranus as a disruptive influence to "normal" sexuality. Specifically, he says:

"The idea is that Uranus, the planet of disruption, sudden change, and unconventionality in some way disrupts the "normal" heterosexual functions of either the Moon or Venus, and results in a man being gay."

To read the full discussion, go to his website, http://www.astro-horoscopes.com/ click on "Ask Kevin" on the right-hand menu, then do a search for the term "homosexuality."

Personally I feel that an astrological indication for homosexuality would be just as silly as expecting to find an astrological indication of gender.

-- Lee

Astraea

Lee, that is my view, as well. Sexuality is a matter of who we are -- our ontology as human beings -- and as such it is inherent, an aspect of our wholeness.

One comment about Uranus -- I believe that astrologers would do well to associate Uranus with phenomena which are not normative (a value-neutral term reflecting societal standards, which are by nature provisional and fluctuating), rather than encumbering it with labels like "abnormal" (which implies pathology).

Minderwiz

There are a number of approaches to this issue but I think Astraea hit the nail on the head by pointing out that the social conditioning of the Astrologer is probably the main factor influencing the sort of factors identified. Thus Astrologers who feel that homosexuality is 'unnatural' may look for challenging aspects or particular placements, whereas others who see homosexuality as natural may look for different indicators.

One of the big problems with identifying sexuality and indeed issues relating to sexual expression from a natal chart is that there is no modern agreement on where such indicators would lie. Traditionally sex is a fifth House matter and Mars and Venus would be significantly involved in any consideration. Modern psychological Astrologers have placed emphasis on the 8th House and made a lot more of the role of Pluto, and Uranus. This again probably reflects the value judgements of the post-Feudian generation !

lou

well, I speak from a privileged position if we talk about uranus, for I have it exactly squared to my natal venus (venus at 27°capricorn near to my discendent, uranus at 27° libra in the fourth house)!!!
I'm an heterosexual woman but that's not at all easy for me to have 'normative', regular relationships, as far as I can remember (i'm almost thirty) I never felt I wanted to really 'settle-down' with an 'established' love affair... uranus is quite an heavy, rough, intrusive planet if we don't understand its energy, I feel overwhelmed by it sometimes, for it has to express its (his?) personality, as well as I must express mine. After years and years (..not that much anyway!!) of self-investigation I finally came to the simple fact I have to live my way and accept my odd, quite original sometimes personal view on the whole heart-matters issues. so, I hate when astrologers come off with this old trivial commonplace matching uranus with perverted, debauched behaviours, and in their strange logic, something worst if possible, assuming it then will certainly lead to homosexuality (how poor little homophobic small-minded they are!) . so, I agree with you. thank you for replies.

Minderwiz

Thanks for the post lou,

It goes to show that even if Uranus does bring a certain individuality, or even 'oddness' to relationships there are more than one way in which an individual can express their sexuality in their own individual way - jumping to the conclusion that Uranus must imply homosexuality is just as facile as assuming that Uranus in the seventh means divorce (it can do but it can also mean a non-standard approach to marriage, which can work very well and bring happiness to both parties)

Shade

I personally can't think of anything in the chart that would provide clues to sexual orientation... what signs would you look for to tell if a person was straight?

paradoxx

While I don't think that a chart can identify a persons sexual orientation, it may provide insight as to how that individual handles and works with their sexual drive. Since the chart combinations are practically infinite I'm not going to elaborate but I can Imagine the signs of 'virgo, Libra, Scorpio, and possibly Gemini would be in play.

katrananda

I can't think of any astrological indicators of a person's gender or sexual orientation. You would have to believe that homosexuality is a result of personality rather than genetics, for starters. And isn't current theory that homosexuals are born, not made?
I've been told that Pluto retrograde is an indication of autism, and sure, my son does have that in his chart and is autistic, but it would also mean whole wads of people being autistic, so I'm holding judgement on that one.