Shamanic Oracle Deck

lark

I was paging through my US Games catalog and saw this deck.
Shamanic Oracle Deck and Book Set. By Kenneth Joseph Estrada.
Did a search here nothing came up.
Did a google only referance was to the US Games site.

Does anybody know of or own this deck?
The art is of ancient images found engraved on the rocks in and around Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's very pricey at $35.00.
But I'm drawn to the simplicity of the images.

Milfoil

I recently aquired this deck and enjoy the images, however, some of the corresponding explanations about each card seem strange and limited. The author says that he lived for several years in southern US which I have no reason to question but the wider universal understanding of some images such as snake, spiral etc don't seem to mesh all that well. The LWB is terribly limited in it's explanations and educational content which, in something of this style could have been greatly improved by simply including more factual knowledge.

Still enjoy exploring the deck though.

AJ

must be really new, I don't even see it on his site.
Milfoil, can you share some images?

I have the Shamans Oracle by Matthews & Kingham
and there is the Shamantic Oracle by Rohr, which I haven't seen.
I wonder if the people who name decks have ever heard of marketing...with so many words to choose from, why call a deck by a name that has already been used?

lark

I do have this deck now and really like the Vision Quest Spread in the book.
The meanings are a little sparse... I find now that I'm better able to connect with this deck after my years of using the Greenwood and a few other Shamanic oracles.
Because I've researched some of the symbols now in other decks it brings a deeper meaning to these cards.
Yet as Milfoil pointed out it always amazes me that people take on such deep complex subjects and symbols and make a deck out of them and give us these bare bones meanings connected to them.
You almost feel cheated.
You end up having to dig for the extra info yourself... that sets it in my memory better so in some ways I guess that's a good thing.
The art is very pretty, and really appeals to me.
I thought there was another thread about this deck, but I can't find it now.

Milfoil

must be really new, I don't even see it on his site.
Milfoil, can you share some images?

I have the Shamans Oracle by Matthews & Kingham
and there is the Shamantic Oracle by Rohr, which I haven't seen.
I wonder if the people who name decks have ever heard of marketing...with so many words to choose from, why call a deck by a name that has already been used?

Its the same as your Shamanic Oracle by Rohr (and Kenneth Joseph Estrada) one was the author, the other the artist.

Sample cards here

AJ

Thank you. I much prefer the ruggedness of the Shamans Oracle.