Mystical Kipper

Nina*

My mailman just brought Mystical Kipper with titles in English - isn't that a Lenormand?

No, Kipper cards are different from Lenormands. For instance they have more ''people'' cards, but also other different cards.
There is a Mystical Lenormand by the same artist though.

canid

No, Kipper cards are different from Lenormands. For instance they have more ''people'' cards, but also other different cards.
There is a Mystical Lenormand by the same artist though.

Thank you, Nina. But now I'm even more confused, feel like I'm slogging thru mud.

FLizarraga

Thank you, Nina. But now I'm even more confused, feel like I'm slogging thru mud.

That's how I feel about learning Lenormand. I'm reading the books, doing all exercises, daily draws, and nothing. It's like reading Greek. I can read Greek phonetically because I studied Russian once upon a time and... well, long story short, I read the words, and sometimes they sound familiar, but that's about it.

Nina*

I'm sorry. :(

Lenormand cards have 36 cards... #1 is always The Rider and #36 is always The Cross (just to mention those two).
Different from Kipper cards, which have cards with other names (and a couple of the same, I believe).

As far as I know you read Kipper cards as you read Lenormand cards, but they'll give different kinds of answers (I guess) since, for instance, they have all those people cards (young woman, old woman, young man, old man, thief, soldier etc etc) where Lenormands only have a man, a woman and a child (if you don't count the court cards pictured on the cards of course).

So... it's just that it's different cards and if you pick up a book on Lenormands you wouldn't be able to find your cards in it.

I hope this helped a bit?

canid

It helped a lot, and thank you. But it's still clear as mud. I'll get it eventually. I have a GOAL!! WTF? Tarot, Lenormand, Sibilla, Kipper, did I miss a system? Oh, yes, sticks & stones, dice, etc... There has to be some kind of rhyme or reason to correlate them, right? I'm seeing tarot meanings in the cards, many times overlapping, with both Lenormand, Sibilla AND Kipper cards. The reading methods differ greatly, and using a 'significator' is pretty much imperative, which I never use in tarot, but I'm getting the, erm, significance of the significator, ie 'person cards' & what lies around them, in the spreads. I may end up loving them. Or using them in combination with tarot, but I'd have to come up with my own way of doing that, which could take considerable time. I think it would be way confusing to study Lenormand & Sibilla at the same time.

I'm sorry. :(

Lenormand cards have 36 cards... #1 is always The Rider and #36 is always The Cross (just to mention those two).
Different from Kipper cards, which have cards with other names (and a couple of the same, I believe).

As far as I know you read Kipper cards as you read Lenormand cards, but they'll give different kinds of answers (I guess) since, for instance, they have all those people cards (young woman, old woman, young man, old man, thief, soldier etc etc) where Lenormands only have a man, a woman and a child (if you don't count the court cards pictured on the cards of course).

So... it's just that it's different cards and if you pick up a book on Lenormands you wouldn't be able to find your cards in it.

I hope this helped a bit?

DavidMcCann

My mailman just brought Mystical Kipper with titles in English - isn't that a Lenormand?
Did you get a LWB in English too? I'm jealous: it took me ages to sort it out with an on-line German translator.

No-one seems to know when they started, and some sources attribute them to a Suzanne Kipper, while others say there was no such person. They're definitely Bavarian, though.

canid

Did you get a LWB in English too? I'm jealous: it took me ages to sort it out with an on-line German translator.

No-one seems to know when they started, and some sources attribute them to a Suzanne Kipper, while others say there was no such person. They're definitely Bavarian, though.

Yes the LWB is in English & I'm grateful; even the card titles are in English, so I don't have that to contend with also.

heron

In the mud

Hi, Canid,
I'm kind of with you in this A few days ago l got myself Rana George's book "The Essential Lenormand", which is beginning to open my eyes. I've had a Mystical Lenormand deck for a while but never seriously tried to use it. It's very unlike Tarot (which I've done for years) but seems capable of great precision & accuracy - once you get into the swing of it.

I have also had for a while "Leiding Wahrsagekarten" which is a German Kipper deck that I bought because I love that it's set in a modern world rather than Napoleonic France. Kipper has a different system again, and I picked up online a simple list of the card meanings (but not interpretations) in English. Finally now at last I have been able to order (from Book Depository) an English version of Mystical Kipper which I pray will have some kind of useful LWB in English so that I can find out how to READ with Kipper. La lutte continue!

Grizabella

Did you go find that YouTube video by Donnaleigh where she did a paternity reading using the Gilded Reverie and the spread cloth for it? I think I told you about it. That video is so darned amazing. And it was huge in my learning of Lenormand. As for Kipper cards I have those but the book is in German.