energy relationships in conjunctions and oppositions

perseph

I have been thinking about how energies interplay in these different aspects. My understanding is that with an opposition we can more easily access, experience and therefore handle the two different energies in our inner and outer lives. With a conjunction it's not so easy as the planetary energies are merged or intertwined. We find it pretty well impossible to see them working independently in ourselves. I'd appreciate any comments.

isthmus nekoi

I find w/opposing transits, there is a pull in either direction b/w both the energies, yes they seem separate.

However, looking at the natal charts of others, I'm not sure they can seem so separate... I'm thinking of all the Mars-Neptune oppositions I've seen - there is almost always drug abuse of some kind (regardless of house placement) where the aggression of Mars is channelled towards Neptunian dissolution. It's not an either or situation.

dadsnook2000

With a CONJUNCTION you have the two/more energies seemingly within yourself. How you deal with them can be up to you. With an OPPOSITION you have two/more energies split apart in some way -- one is more easily expressed, the other (opposition) is often "projected" or externalized upon someone or something else. This projection attempts to get another to take responsibility for that energy while the conjunction energy is typically taken on as being "within" or owned by you.

All of your chart's energies are yours. Only you can most easily change yourself. It is difficult to change others -- that is why the projection of an oppositional energy is difficult to deal with in most cases. An opposition can be dealt with as an "awareness" or "visibility" energy, as a challenge, as a balancing or moderating forece. The choice is always ours if we want to make it.

It's those d--n trines that you have to watch out for. They are almost "automatic" in nature, they just so naturally reexpress themselves -- they are almost out of contorl. Dave.

perseph

Thanks both for the replies. I think one of the features of my natal chart I'm trying to understand is what it can mean when you have a conjunction as an opposition to another important point in the chart. I have a neptune/saturn conjunction in libra in opposition to my MC and a sun/mars conjunction in leo in opposition to my north node. I have cancer rising as a 'blessing' and frustration.What might this mean in terms of both owning the energies and projecting them outwards? I hope this makes some sense .

paradoxx

I have read that a tight connunction (probably a conjunction less than 5 degrees) binds the two energies together into one. I have jupiter and saturn within 2 degrees of each other in Libra and Sun and Mercury also within 1 degree of each other at 29 gem and 1 can.

When such a conjunction opposes another point on the natal chart, depending on the houses and other factors of the chart, it may cause stress or it could generate a focal point for the conjunction to direct its energy to.

Neptune realates to the realm of the imagination, Saturn is the ruler of what is real, this strange combination of conflicting energies releases its conflict through your MC in Aries, which in turn forms a powerful drive to make what you want attainable, but you may need to learn to restrict yourself in your desires, but Saturn helps you do that, if you work with saturn it helps you, if you fight Saturn, it just pushes more reality in your way.

Sun and Mars is a fiery combination that is only enhanced in Leo, ruled by the sun. your MC Aries rules Mars, and you have the ability to lead because of it. Since the SUn and mars opposes your north node it conjuncts your south node, and these two points deal with business.

What this is telling me, is tha you have a strong well-grounded intuition in regards to how you lead others in business and long-term goals. You are more than qualified to be a manager or a team leader of a group of anysize, but the more rounded the better. You have the ability to change how people think of eachother in a working environment, use it wisely.

isthmus nekoi

paradoxx, it may interest you that Jung (who studied astrology and applied it to his practice) referred to the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction as that of a "king" for it represented the union of opposites.

perseph, I wouldn't focus as strongly on aspects that don't feature actual bodies (planets). So I would concentrate on your conjunctions. Having said that, aspects to theoretical points are still worth taking into account. Aspects to the ASC I find are most obvious, esp the conjunction.

perseph

paradoxx,thankyou for that response. I can identify with what you have said. Your comments about saturn have given me something to think about=more in terms of how I can work with the energies in more positive way. I also have uranus and mars conjunct in cancer in a seven degree orb. I cannot tolerate anyone telling me what to think or do which can be a strength and a weakness. With the cancer rising aspect all the stronger fiery aspects get moderated because I have to make sure everyone is feeling ok and being looked after.I do get frustrated at times because I feel I have a powerhouse of energy at my disposal sometimes but I damp it down so not to offend or hurt anyone. As I also have moon in capricorn it's just occurring to me that maybe I need to really look at saturn's energies as helpful rather than difficult . Thanks again.