Crystals and the Full Moon

TemperanceAngel

I try and put my crystals out every full moon. I sit them in my plants and generally leave them out for a day or two before and after the full moon (during, as well, of course:D).

This cleanses the crystals, and, in fact, I never cleanse them in water, only with the moon. They always feel BEAUTIFUL afterwards :)

The moon also charges them with energy and I read somewhere that the energy of a crystal waxes and wanes with the moon, interesting :)

I put my Tarot deck out in the full moon, sometimes as well, to cleanse and charge it.
One time it rained and the deck (my professional one) ended up like a concertina, LOL, I loved the deck and it taught me to always have a spare....

XTAX Hee hee, I used LOL...

Moonbow

TA

I have heard about puting crystals outside in a Full Moon but the nearest I get to this is to put them on my window sill. I'm always worried about the weather here. I guess rain wouldn't do too much damage to them (who knows whats in rain these days?) but I'm sure the dog could - yuck - perrish the thought.

I don't have many crystals - just about 15 - the chakra colours plus a few others that I just liked! But I have noticed that the more you have them with you, the more charged they seem to get. When mine are left in their singing bowl for ages they seem 'dull' for want of a better word. When I take them out and start using them or just carry one around with me they seem to 'come to life'. For a start, they get warmer - does anyone else notice this?

Moonbow*

TemperanceAngel

Hi Moonbow*

When I am reading I hold a quartz crystal about 2 inches long and 1 inch, had it for about 4-6 weeks. Previously I have used my lapis lazuli (which broke in half, don't know how) and flourite.

The quartz crystal gets so hot, sometimes too hot to hold!

The other day I was reading for a friend at home and it was so hot, I could see her aura slightly and squeezed the point of the crystal and saw her aura much more clearly!

I like to hold a crystal when reading, it's a grounding thing, I think :)

XTAX

Simone

TemperanceAngel said:
Previously I have used my lapis lazuli (which broke in half, don't know how)

TemperanceAngel,

do you sometimes dis-charge your crystals? Could your lapis have broken with too much charging?

Light and love
Simone

TemperanceAngel

Simone said:

do you sometimes dis-charge your crystals? Could your lapis have broken with too much charging?
Simone
I think it was time for it to go, it had done its work. It really was an interesting crystal, one of my faves....
I would lose it and it would turn up in the strangest places!
I had been thinking about it and how it was my ol' faithful and went to get it and discovered it in two parts, a clear split down the middle :laugh: I didn't know whether to laugh or cry...
I planted it recently in some soil.

Moonbow*
I was forever carrying crystals around with me, maybe I should start doing so again??
XTAX

Agathe

I had no idea about this Full Moon charging thing. I learn so much over here...unbelievable :D

Blessings,
Agathe

DeLani

I also cleanse my crystals in the full moon light, but I put them in a class casserole dish full of spring water. It won't hurt quartz crystals at all. The water physically cleans off dirt and dust, and an all-night soaking makes them absolutely radiant!
For any stones that can't be put in water, I blow on them, then leave them on top of a quartz crystal cluster in the moonlight. Once I get a cluster of Zeoite, I'm going to use that.
Now cleansing is different than charging. To charge them, I consecrate them first by a small ritual with the four elements. Then I charge them by leaving them out on the altar in the full moonlight on top of a Tarot card for it's purpose. Like, the Magician for magick, or Temperance for healing, or the High Priestess for intuitive work, etc. I got this from MK Greer's book, "Tarot for Yourself."

rostie

i work now in a stone shop (living stone) and the lady who ownes it (the big boss ;)) put them in earth...and it works wonderfull...it is also a really good method to put stones in it who has been of someone else and carries the energy of that person, it cleanses and charges the stone...in winter it is best to put them in earth for about 10 days...in summer, when the earth is much richer, 5 days is enough...the result is a stone, just as new, with much much energy, tinkling and sprarkling...and like having a new skin...don't know how to say this else...but i just love it...maybe the perfect method is to put it in earth when it is full moon ;)...

TemperanceAngel

I would like to add

I leave the crystals out for a couple of days so they also receive the suns energy, and wind and rain, the elements...WONDERFUL...:):):)XTAX

Kyrielle

The moon is my favorite method. You can use it with any stone at all.

The sun is good, but certain stones may fade with extended or repeated exposure to sunlight.

As far as the four elements go:

Fire: Pass ABOVE the flame of a candle -- directly in the flame may cause a stone to shatter or discolor. You may also smudge with sage or herbs, or pass through the smoke of a purifying incense.

Air: Pass through incense smoke, blow on the stone, or place outside or on a windowsill and let the breeze blow around it (hint: don't try this with a thin flaky stone like mica unless you have a substantial piece of it!).

Water: Make sure your stone does not dissolve in water, and be sure it is not porous. Try a fine mesh bag in the sea or a river, or hold or soak in good old tap water, if that's what calls to you.

Earth: If you aren't using a flowerpot, mark the place where you buried the stone! And watch the rain, for the reasons described in the water section.