personal new/full moon

Keslynn

I am affected by the energy shifts of the new and full moons, but personally, I notice more of an effect when the moon is conjunct my natal sun (I call it my personal new moon) or opposite it (personal full moon). Anybody else notice that these personal cycles are a little more obvious then where in the lunation the moon itself actually is?

Also, why would something like this happen? Is it because I'm a sun-type person?

:) Kes

snuffy

hmm, i'm not an astrology adept, but i know that my best friend is unable to sleep during full moons, and i want to say that she's on the cusp of leo and virgo-- leo, of course, ruled by the sun.

i could be totally off-base here, but your post reminded me of her and her most intriguing sleep pattern :)

isthmus nekoi

I would guess Kes, it's b/c of the fact that the moon is making an aspect to the sun. They're talking to each other at that point.

DeLani

Lunar returns

OK, so we know our birthday is our grand solar return, so what is up with a lunar return? Wouldn't we have one every month, and what would it mean? Anything? My intuition tells me that since the Moon rules our emotions and subconscious, our feelings and dreams might be affected more than anything.
I've been thinking about this a lot, since I was born on a solar eclipse, and wondering when there is a new moon in Capricorn, is that a particularly lucky? unlucky? soul-searching? something? time for me? since it would happen near my birthday anyway...
My birthdays always suck...so I'm wondering why.

Minderwiz

Personal new and full moons can certainly be used for predictions and for some people these are indeed more influential than the calendar lunations. Also lunar returns (when the transiting moon conjuncts your natal moon) can be useful predictive events.

Go with whichever seems to work best for you.

DeLani

Minderwiz said:
Personal new and full moons can certainly be used for predictions and for some people these are indeed more influential than the calendar lunations. Also lunar returns (when the transiting moon conjuncts your natal moon) can be useful predictive events.

Go with whichever seems to work best for you.
Useful in what way? And how? I just had one last month, so I'm curious.

ncefafn

I think everyone reacts to different things in different ways. Personally, I never pay attention to lunations or returns, and only look at transits from the Big 4 (Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto). Now, progressions are a totally different thing. Right now, I've got a huge thing going on, progressed Mars opposite natal Saturn, which a few months ago was aggravated by transiting Uranus. When you've got a spotlight trained on your face, a candle in the other room doesn't really register on your consciousness.

All of this is by way of saying, depending on what's going on with your progressions and transits, your sensitivity to lunations may be strong or weak. My first instinct, though, is to look at the progressions and transits to see if they could be triggering what you're experiencing. It may be that some progressed planet is hitting your natal Moon, making that planet more sensitive than it would normally be. Alternatively, your progressed Moon may be hitting a planet or point in your natal chart. If your Moon sensitivity is up, poke around and see what's going on.

Best,

Kim

Minderwiz

the lunar return happens every month! They give a picture of the background feelings - the mood and tone of the month - which tend to operate on a day to day level. These are not indicators of major events but quite often we are more interested in what things are going to be like this week rather than this year.

The Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto approach is all very well but by their very natures these transits are comparatively rare and may well indicate the major crises of life rather than when's a good day to paint the fence. There are a variety of Astrological techniques which can be used for different types of issue or event.

ncefafn

Minderwiz wrote:

The Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto approach is all very well but by their very natures these transits are comparatively rare and may well indicate the major crises of life rather than when's a good day to paint the fence. There are a variety of Astrological techniques which can be used for different types of issue or event.

Hi, Minderwiz. I guess it's the "comparatively rare" part that I like. Saturn's crossing my Ascendant right now; last year, Pluto stationed twice squaring on my natal Pluto, and one cat almost died and another cat did; before that Uranus stationed opposite my Venus, and my mother died. I really don't want to know what fresh "little hell" awaits me each week. I'm quite happy shoring up for the big ones. And as for painting the fence, any day when it's warm and sunny is a good day to paint the fence. :D

I guess it's all a matter of personal preference, and as Martha Stewart would surely agree, that's a good thing. :)

Minderwiz

Hi ncefafn,

I perhaps ovestated my case a little :) - the outer transits are of course useful and quite often its the crisis that dominates life rather than the little things.

However, much of life is routine - despite what the psychologists think - and I think Astrology should be just as good at that as it is in dealing with life's major signposts - the one should not replace the other, both are complementary.

You'll find as you read through this forum that I tend to be in a minority, using the traditional rulers and trying out traditional methods, not so much because I think that the psychological approach is wrong but because I think its often overdone and sometimes poorly based in Astrological technique.

As you say diversity is a good thing :)