Grand Jeu Layout

lord_ewin

Interestingly, the Grand Jeu is layed out in a straight line like a no layout reading. You can take 5 cards, or three... I usually go with 5, 2 on each side of the key card.

5366105054_492afd56af_z.jpg

So, if you follow the example from above, you have the key card at the center. You interpret the middle card's large drawing first, and then qualify it with the two smaller icons from the flanking cards.

In other words, you define S with the small bottom-right drawing on card 1 + the bottom-left drawing on card 2. Then you can do the same to card 2, by associating the bottom-right icon on card S, and so on.

I've honestly never tried the Grand Jeu with the Tarot, but I assume it could be done. However, you should be getting a fair amount of detail out of this type of reading...

Regards,
LE

With respect to timing: here's a link to a message on timing I did with the small lenormand. It's the same.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=145258

ghost271

Thank you so much for the help. I must have misnamed the spread I'm asking about. It's the one where all the cards are used. Four rows of eight and one row of four on the bottom.

I am going to try your spread above for myself. The spreads I've done for myself have yet to be correct.