In vedic its said that any affliction to 4th house means
the person will be uncomfortable in their birth place
they should move away from their birthplace

I have severe affliction to my 4th house and it leads
to complications

I tried moving away to other place, city, country

But it doesnt work out due to lack of support from
my spouse

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...&hsy=-1&zod=&orbp=&rs=0&add=22&sevenpl=1&ast=

pls guide

Minderwiz

I have learned vedic astrology.
In vedic its said that any affliction to 4th house means
the person will be uncomfortable in their birth place
they should move away from their birthplace

I have severe affliction to my 4th house and it leads
to complications

I tried moving away to other place, city, country

But it doesnt work out due to lack of support from
my spouse

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...&hsy=-1&zod=&orbp=&rs=0&add=22&sevenpl=1&ast=

pls guide

I've looked at your chart. I can see an affliction from a Jyotish approach (or a Western Sidereal approach) but not from a Traditional or Modern Western Approach.

The explanation lies in the zodiac chosen. Just for the sake of illustration let me contrast a Western Hellenistic approach (the nearest relative to Jyotish) and Jyotish itself.

Both approaches allow an aspect (casting of rays) into a house. This is something that modern Western Astrology does not use. From a Hellenistic point of view you have a Day chart and thus the 'Out of Sect' Malefic is Mars (I don't think Sect plays a major role in Jyotish but I may well be wrong). This Malefic is the most threatening in a chart. Now it is my belief (but certainly debatable) that the the zodiac used in Hellenistic times was intrinsically tropical but also used reference to the stars, and occasionally constellation

On a tropical zodiac, as illustrated by your chart. Mars is in Virgo but the fourth house is in Aries (either on a quadrant or whole sign basis). Thus Mars does not cast any rays into the fourth house. Indeed your fourth is totally without affliction in this sense as no planet is in opposition or square to an Aries IC.

However if I switch the zodiac to a sidereal one,it might just be possible that Mars lies at 0 degrees Virgo and thus afflicts the Fourth cusp and indeed the fourth house by opposition, as this shifts to Pisces in a sidereal chart. I've tried a couple of sidereal ayanamshas and the nearest I can get is 29 degrees Leo, but there may be one somewhere that shifts Mars to 0 Virgo. It may also be that your Jyotish Astrologer allows the opposition, even if Mars is still just in Leo (a Hellenistic Astrologer would not).

Even if the Hellenistic approach was essentially sidereal, they would not have counted this opposition as serious because it's almost a whole sign from the cusp and 7 degrees or so from the IC proper. They would require an 'orb' of 3 degrees. So on a sidereal basis only, your fourth is afflicted. On a tropical basis it is free from affliction.

The link to your place of birth is certainly one interpretation but this could be widened to the land of your birth (and would be in Hellenistic terms). Thus if you primarily consider your self 'Indian' you would have to move outside India to avoid the affliction. I would point out that becoming an exile for the Hellenistic Astrologers was an affliction in it's own right.

The fourth though is not just the 'homeland'. It can be narrowed to parents - you mention elsewhere your abusive parents and I would think that this is likely to be the primary meaning, if there is an affliction.

Personally I'd look for an affliction to Mars itself. I can't see anything major (using a tropical zodiac). It is averse to it's own house (the fourth) which can lead to issues and it is placed in the ninth, which whilst not a bad placement in itself happens to signify foreign places (amongst other things). As foreign places are not good to the Greek mind, living outside your homeland may actually be worse than living in it.

Alternatively (and more likely) Mars may signify your parents, and it's placement in the ninth may indicate that they were alien to you. If the fourth is your parents, you cannot escape from your childhood by moving home. The issue is something that you have to address in other ways. Coming to terms with your childhood experienes and being able to put the pain aside.