Crystals, crystals and more crystals

sonjasingh

Hello everyone,

I recently got fascinated with crystals and was reading about their effect on tarot readings that I bought myself a couple of them - 1 small pyramid moonstone, labradorite, 2 little tower shaped amethyst and tigers eye, 1 palm sized black tourmaline and quartz crystal, a small lapiz lazuli and carnelian and a small black tourmaline tumblestone.

Phew ! I know, so many to start with. I carry tigers eye, carnelian, black tourmaline and lapiz lazuli with me everyday in a purple pouch to work.

It is difficult to dedicate much time in my busy life to programme and meditate over the crystals. Is it really necessary to programme them everyday?

Should I simply place them around my tarot reading area for them to aid me with protection and psychic abilities?

Also, the second day of bringing my charged crystals home, I had a break up and am in a better position to manage my break up compared to how i used to in the past. I also found out that the guy was a coward who couldn't stand by me. But, my question here is, would any of you think the crystals could have had a positive effect and helped me get rid of someone I wasn't meant to be with?

I am sorry I have so many question in one post. I am just so excited about crystals and have started believing that they are working for me. Just need your two cents on this.

Thank you vry much

stonesatiety

Hi sonjasingh. Welcome to the bottomless world of stone play! Every experience brings answers and even more questions. The stones taught me to ask each individual stone, then calm myself and pay attention to all my senses, especially what I feel.

Regarding programming, I've never programmed a stone, and eleven years later I'm still amazed at what the stones do with me. I ask a stone what it has for me, or if I'm working on something specific I ask for volunteers. In this way, I work with the stone just right for me in that instance. This is *not* to say do not program stones! Programming a stone focuses and solidifies our intention for ourselves, of utmost importance in manifestation. The stones, however, usually know how they can help before we even notice them. Our energy tells them.

I carry pocket stones in small bags like you. They get a first hand look at how we live and, in my experience, have so *much* to say. One of their big gifts I don't hear much about is humor. The stones get me laughing so often, especially at my folly.

Stones can help with anything. I enjoy reading books written by people with a lot of experience working with stones. However, first and always, I recommend: ask the stones.

PrincessPaulina

Should I simply place them around my tarot reading area for them to aid me with protection and psychic abilities?

Also, the second day of bringing my charged crystals home, I had a break up and am in a better position to manage my break up compared to how i used to in the past. I also found out that the guy was a coward who couldn't stand by me. But, my question here is, would any of you think the crystals could have had a positive effect and helped me get rid of someone I wasn't meant to be with?

It may very well be that the crystals helped rid you of a relationship that wasn't benefitting you; or maybe they came into your life to help you through a time of crisis. Perhaps your Higher Consciousness recognized the need for them, when you bought them 2 days before the breakup.

Personally, I often have a stone on the table for readings, but not a single specific stone -- just whatever feels right for that reading/moment in time/question.

I don't charge my crystals very often at all, but I do cleanse them a lot in various ways (Saging, Essentia Oil smoke, moonlight, placing smaller stones on clusters, etc.)

I do carry stones around quite frequently, but I try not to have too many on me at once, and I don't like to carry them in the same pouches, because I feel that energetically they can overwhelm each other (and me).
This is similar, in a way, to wearing a fragrance, which can permeate your mood and colors your sensory perception throughout the day -- I wouldn't layer more than 2 fragrances, which would turn into a dissonance of smell; similarly, I usually avoid carrying around more than 2 crystals, and make sure they are "complementary" in nature.
Sometimes less is more.

I also take breaks from carrying or sleeping next to crystals, every once in a while..

PrincessPaulina

It may very well be that the crystals helped rid you of a relationship that wasn't benefitting you; or maybe they came into your life to help you through this time of crisis. Perhaps your Higher Consciousness recognized the need for them, when you bought them 2 days before the breakup.

Personally, I often have a stone on the table for readings, but not a single specific stone -- just whatever feels right for that reading/moment in time/question.

I don't program my crystals very often at all, but I do cleanse and charge them a lot in various ways (Saging, Essential Oil smoke, moonlight, placing smaller stones on clusters, etc.)

I do carry stones around quite frequently, but I try not to have too many on me at once, and I don't like to carry them in the same pouches, because I feel that energetically they can overwhelm each other (and me).
This is similar, in a way, to wearing a fragrance, which can permeate your mood and color your sensory perception throughout the day -- I wouldn't layer more than 2 fragrances, which would turn into a dissonance of smell; similarly, I usually avoid carrying around more than 2 crystals, and make sure they are "complementary" in nature.
Sometimes less is more.

I also take breaks from carrying or sleeping next to crystals, every once in a while..

PrincessPaulina

Sorry about the double post, guys -- cyber hiccup!
I hope one of the mods can help

sonjasingh

Hi sonjasingh. Welcome to the bottomless world of stone play! Every experience brings answers and even more questions. The stones taught me to ask each individual stone, then calm myself and pay attention to all my senses, especially what I feel.

Regarding programming, I've never programmed a stone, and eleven years later I'm still amazed at what the stones do with me. I ask a stone what it has for me, or if I'm working on something specific I ask for volunteers. In this way, I work with the stone just right for me in that instance. This is *not* to say do not program stones! Programming a stone focuses and solidifies our intention for ourselves, of utmost importance in manifestation. The stones, however, usually know how they can help before we even notice them. Our energy tells them.

I carry pocket stones in small bags like you. They get a first hand look at how we live and, in my experience, have so *much* to say. One of their big gifts I don't hear much about is humor. The stones get me laughing so often, especially at my folly.

Stones can help with anything. I enjoy reading books written by people with a lot of experience working with stones. However, first and always, I recommend: ask the stones.

Thank you for sharing this information. I carry them with me everyday and have started to light up a sage incense every alternate day. I ppass the crystals through the smoke and programme them by making known my intention or simply asking them to work for my higher good.

sonjasingh

It may very well be that the crystals helped rid you of a relationship that wasn't benefitting you; or maybe they came into your life to help you through this time of crisis. Perhaps your Higher Consciousness recognized the need for them, when you bought them 2 days before the breakup.

I don't charge my crystals very often at all, but I do cleanse them a lot in various ways (Saging, Essential Oil smoke, moonlight, placing smaller stones on clusters, etc.)

This is similar, in a way, to wearing a fragrance, which can permeate your mood and color your sensory perception throughout the day -- I wouldn't layer more than 2 fragrances, which would turn into a dissonance of smell; similarly, I usually avoid carrying around more than 2 crystals, and make sure they are "complementary" in nature.
Sometimes less is more.

Thank you. Yes, I have a similar feeling. The day we went to pick up the stones, my ex started feeling restless and complained of body ache. I guess the store was overwhelming for him. Usually, I am depressed during a break-up. I am not overjoyed at the moment but something so shocking and hurting doesn't feel all that bad anymore, in just 3 weeks. I have already started, consciously, looking ahead. The memories come back, but I am not affected much. Sometimes it hurts, but I can deal with it.

I have a strong belief that the crystals are helping me through.