Hawkeye?

raeanne

Hi all,
I was at a local new age shop this past weekend. They always have several polished stones, crystals, and gems. They had a stone called a Hawkeye. Since I live in Iowa (the Hawkeye state), I figured this would be a good stone to have and also a good one to take to the Iowa caucus. It looks something like a blue tiger eye. Anyone know anything about a stone called a Hawkeye? I tried googling it but came up empty.

Moonbow

Hi raeanne

Firstly I have to point out that I don't know anything about this stonebut I have some info for you:

Its also called Falcon's Eye. Its a green, grey or blue tiger's eye-like quartz. It helps to gain perspective to see and face situations fully. Seeing the overview clearly and unflinchingly, as from a Hawk's eyes. It goes with the stomach and brow chakras. Blue: Deepens meditation. helps us see the truth (self, others, situations) in order to grow.

I wish I could tell you where I got this from. I've had these notes for ages (from the internet) and it doesn't give a site name (and I can't remember!!

Hope this helps

Moonbow*

DeLani

Hi,
I've got a couple of both blue and green tiger's eyes, are they both called Hawk's eyes? I thought one was hawk's eye, and the other was cat's eye? But which one is which?
I believe the golden is Tiger's eye - good for protection and grounding;
And the red is called Dragon's eye - even better for protection.
Does this sound right?

skytwig

The Hawk Eyes I have are distinctly blue.... a deep wondrous blue.... yes, like blue Tiger's Eyes....

raeanne

Hi all,
Thanks everyone for your input! I really like this stone. It has the distinct stripes like a tiger's eye but if I turn it sideways, the stripes seem to be wavy. It is really cool!

lunalafey

hmmmm.....

I know stones for thier natural(?) quality, not thier metaphysical.
All these new names- I wonder if some stones are taking on new names when applied to these spiritual uses.
What the stone sounds like to me, is tiger's eye......which comes in all sorts of colors. Sure would be cool to find a book or site where the elemental make-up is shown.