Crystals and chakras

Moonbow

I would like to know everyones opinions about which gems/crystals they associate with the Chakras.

I have my own fixed ideas of which of mine I use for each Chakra but some books do vary, so are they going on the colour of the stone or the ailment. For example the stone Aquamarine I have been told is good for the throat Chakra (blue) but the stones I have seen are mainly a pale green, so would you choose one in the right colour to match the chakra?

I'm also interested to know which stones you use for which Chakra. This is mine:

Crown ~ Amethyst or Kunzite
Brow (third eye) ~ Sodalite, Lepidolite, or Lapis Lazuli
Throat ~ Blue Lace Agate or Turquoise
Heart ~ Jade, Chrysocolla or Malachite
Solar Plexus ~ Citrine or Rutilated Quartz
Sacral ~ Carnelian or Orange Calcite
Base ~ Garnet, Petrified Wood or Red Jasper

These are the ones I have because I have followed a book that I have. I have had alot of success with Amethyst, Chrysocolla and Citrine using them for myself. But books vary of course.

Moonbow*

TemperanceAngel

Moonbow*
I would use clear quartz for any chakra, but particularly the Crown.
Rose quartz for the heart, and black onyx for the base.
I suppose I would also go with what I felt intuitively and correspond with color as well. XTAX

farout161

hematite is the one i use for the base chakra...it really grounds me...
i alos use tiger's eye for the second chakra...
citrine for the third...green tourmaline for the fourth...

Agathe

OK, this is going to be a terribly stupid question, but I don't know this and it's important to me as I want to know everything :D. What do you do with those crystals...just keep them?
Thanks and sorry for this question :|

Agathe

Moonbow

Hi Agathe

Healers can use crystals to lay on the body and help with ailments. For example, the chest and heart area would be the Heart Chakra and there are stones with certain qualities which can clear this area. (I am not a healer BTW) I think they are also use in Reiki healing. Hopefully someone else will come along and explain this better than me. I use them to help me read my cards and meditate. They can help with headaches and clear negative energies.
I have a book on order which I hope will help me with more uses for them as at the moment I tend to use only a few of mine and would like to be able to do more with them.

Moonbow*

PS - I just noticed what farout161 says and this is another use for them. Citrine is used for the Sacral Chakra and can help with nervousness - you know that knotted feeling you can get if you are frightened or worried.

Agathe

Hi Moonbow*
Thanks for your reply but I want to know if you for example lay the crystals on your chakras, or you meditate with one thinking of a particular chakra?
Thanks

Blessings,
Agathe

Moonbow

Well I personally just hold one while I meditate or do a tarot reading. I don't lay them on chakras but if for example I had a sore throat I would try using the blue lace agate in that area to see what happened (actually I did this when I didn't have a sore throat and I definately felt a sensation in my throat - almost like a wheezyness) I have also used Amethyst when I've had a headache. I think you need to try them and find out for yourself which crystals work for you

Moonbow*

Agathe

Moonbow* said:
I think you need to try them and find out for yourself which crystals work for you

I guess you're right. Thank you so much. Now I will just have to make the list of cristals and go shopping :D.

Thank you again and blessings,
Agathe

Jewel-ry

Moonbow* said:
I would try using the blue lace agate in that area to see what happened (actually I did this when I didn't have a sore throat and I definately felt a sensation in my throat - almost like a wheezyness)
Moonbow*

How weird Moonbow*

This happened to me too!!!

J :)

de stijl

There are so many crystals assosciated with each chakra the possibilities are endless, it really does come down to trial and error and which ones seem to work the best for you. These are the ones I use though.

1st chakra-Hematite, always. When I first started working with stones and crystals I was a little skeptical but when I first meditated with hematite that all changed. It makes me feel so grounded, like I have roots sinking into the earth. When I lay a peice at the base of my spine it sometimes feels like something is uncoiling in me and going upward through my spine and aligning it. I never imagined that kind of reaction from what I had thought of as just a "pretty rock" at first. I love hematite and I just wanted to sing it's praises.

2nd chakra-Tigers eye, or carnelian

3rd chakra-Unakite

4th chakra-Malachite, rhodonite or rose quartz depending on how I'm feeling.

5th chakra-Sodalite. Sodalite is said to help you to be more confidant in voicing your desires and needs. I am normally very good with communicating these things but I have this certain old boyfriend who makes me fall silent and feel self conscious about saying what I want to say. I usually wear a choker I made from sodalite when I know I am going to be communicating with him. It could just be a psychosomatic reaction but it does give me a boost in confidence.

6th chakra-Amythyst, always. This is another stone that feels very powerful to me.

7th chakra-clear quartz