ethical crystal buying?

UrbanBramble

Does anyone worry about where their crystals come from? Like how they were extracted from the earth, the environmental consequences of extraction, or the working conditions for those extracting them?

Does anyone know a good way to research this?

I'm interested mostly in incorporating crystal elixirs into my herbal formulas (I'm an herbalist) but I want to know about this. I always pay attention to how my herbs are sourced, if wildcrafted plants are endangered, and so forth. I want to be as careful about my crystal purchases as I am plants.

If you have insight, let me know. Also wondering about crystals that are known to be abundant and easy to extract that might be more ethical to buy than others. With plants there's almost always an alternative that works just as well and I imagine crystals would be the same.

I understand that this might rub some people the wrong way, I'm not trying to get in to whether or not it's okay to buy X crystal or to buy them at all. I just want to know how to research this so I can be a discriminating buyer myself.

UrbanBramble

This is very helpful, thanks!

stonesatiety

I haven't watched the links yet, but intend to. One way is to get to know a miner who cares about the crystals. Arkansas quartz from the U.S. can do whatever you'd like along with a few common rocks for grounding. Quartz can do it all, so you would be covered both ways.