Faery Wisdom Book & Card Set

dolphinprincess

I saw this set by Gillian Kemp on a Fairy site.. but there wasn't much information, nor a picture... I couldn't really find much on the web.. was just wondering if anyone knew more about it...

Also saw the Fairy Pack by Claire Nahmad.. I noticed this has already been discussed here - and the card quality is said to be real poor... sadly that is a huge pet peeve of mine, so I probably wont' buy it.. but if you know where I could find more pictures anyway, that would be helpful...

Thanks.

13thFaeChylde

Hi dolphinprincess~*~

I have the Fairy Pack and can attest to the cards being on the flimsy side. It was only $11 or so at B&N so I didn't sweat it too much. My children really like the cards, though....so I might have to laminate them.

I haven't seen this other deck....but I will probably have to get it at some point since I collect fae decks.

WolfyJames

I know this deck (Faery Wisdom Book & Card Set by Gillian Kemp), but I haven't bought it. I have the deck she made before, with the same artist, Good Witch Bad Witch. I love Good Witch Bad Witch, the witches are lovely, the colors dark and vibrant. I was tempted to take this deck, but I didn't like the colors, too pale with the green-yellow tone. Good Witch Bad Witch has jewel colors next to it.

http://www.isisbooks.com/Details.asp?item=0821227998

http://www.twbookmark.com/books/22/0821227998/

http://www.twbookmark.com/books/22/0821227998/gallery15836.html

Can you say more about the deck? It could make me buy it.

dolphinprincess

WolfyJames said:
I know this deck (Faery Wisdom Book & Card Set by Gillian Kemp), but I haven't bought it. I have the deck she made before, with the same artist, Good Witch Bad Witch. I love Good Witch Bad Witch, the witches are lovely, the colors dark and vibrant. I was tempted to take this deck, but I didn't like the colors, too pale with the green-yellow tone. Good Witch Bad Witch has jewel colors next to it. ]

oooh. Good Witch Bad Witch looks FUN! maybe if this deck is good, the Faerie one will be as well....

Originally posted by WolfyJames
Can you say more about the deck? It could make me buy it.

i wish i could tell you more about it... i haven't been able to find much more information than the link i posted... :eek:(

WolfyJames

I've seen Faery Wisdom at the bookstore, and the box was identical to Good Witch Bad Witch, same size and all. My guess is that the inside must be the same. There are the 52 cards at the center (in my Good Witch Bad Witch), that holds there well, and the book above it. The book explains each cards, there are a few spreads. Faery Wisdom's cards are larger though, Good Witch Bad Witch's cards have the same size than regular playing cards.

Chronata

Just got the Gillian Kemp Faerie Wisdom cards!

I love them!

They are an odd long rectacular shape, but the art is really whimsical and the cards themselves have great personality!

They have keyword phrases on them,(which for this deck, I don't really mind...they are a bit neccessary!) and also a long "fortune telling" description of other posssible meanings in the enclosed book.

They are divided up into seasonal courts...and in this respect they sort of remind me a little of the Faery Ring Oracle...except a more benign and much sweeter version!

I happened to find these really really cheap (more than half price) at a discounted book store...

I highly recommend them for all the faerie lovers out there!
I have not seen a sweeter little deck in a very long time!