PDA

View Full Version : Story Telling Forum

mercenary30
05-02-2004, 08:16
I started a running tarot fiction thread, and Dark Eyes came up with the idea of possibly having a storytelling section. Then we could have more people writting and in addition we could start a thread where we all take turns adding to the story, on a larger scale than the game version.

Um, I could moderate. I would be up for moderating in other places as well if you need the help.

Thanks for listening.

TemperanceAngel
05-02-2004, 08:59
Couldn't you just start a story telling thread? XTAX

mercenary30
05-02-2004, 10:21
Originally posted by TemperanceAngel
Couldn't you just start a story telling thread? XTAX

I did.....

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22133

firemaiden
05-02-2004, 11:31
yes, I think that the Chat forum functions nicely for collaborative stories. I have begun many stories myself in chat and they have spun out nicely for pages and pages. Its a wonderful excercise...

mercenary30
06-02-2004, 04:30
I thought about it, but then I didn't because the chat forum is only accessible by people with subscriptions. That is why I put it in the fun and games section.

There are lots of people to don't check all the forums, and so they won't see it there either. That is why I thought this might be a good idea.

So, Firemaiden, as a fellow writing enthusiast, would you not like to have a forum dedicated to writings and musings that are less like a conversation or discussion?

Alissa
06-02-2004, 05:52
I think, in order for this to be appropriate for Aeclectic, and its vision as being a website dedicated firstly to Tarot, that the cards would have to be incorporated as well - i.e. not just a random story, but one with cards (perhaps) used to tell the tale, or tales relaed to Tarot, or Tarot readers.

But I love reading contributions others make when storytelling! :)

TemperanceAngel
08-02-2004, 15:40
Originally posted by mercenary30

Um, I could moderate. I would be up for moderating in other places as well if you need the help.

Merc, if you are interested in moderating e-mail Solandia and speak to her about it! XTAX

lunalafey
08-02-2004, 18:04
If you would like to share a story- and nothing about it is related to tarot- it's a 'chat' thread- just like poetry or movie/book discussions.

Now a story that contains no mention of tarot in it's plot, BUT the events of the story was directed by a tarot spread/draw- then I'd put it in 'using tarot'.

If the story is a story about tarot, then I would put it in 'talking tarot'.