ORACLES that have spoken LOUDLY OR been surprisingly...SILENT

greatdane

Oracles are such a different species of deck to me. They can be pretty much anything, there are all kinds, some that come with some info or "rules" or system, some just basically intuitive.

I was wondering which oracles have felt they have gotten the most use from and that were most beneficial to them. Ones that "SPOKE" to them vs. others that were strangely...silent.

SO, ATers. I would LOVE to read which oracles you use and love and why, as well as which ones that may have moved along because they just didn't "speak" to you.

For me, right now, it's just psycards. Only deck not considered tarot or Lenormand (although it does look like a cousin!) I have. Would love to read about others to look at.

Lunajade

Thank you for starting this thread GreatDane. For me the oracle that speaks to me loudly is Doreen Virtue's Mother Mary oracle cards. It has been spot on from the first reading. I read the keywords intuitive. Love the artwork on these cards. I don't have much oracle decks (most decks are lenormand) so i can't comment on decks that have been silent to me. Love to read about other peoples experiences with oracle decks.

Kristyjnh

Mythic Oracle

I love Greek Mythology, so when I saw the Mythic Oracle I had to have it. I was so excited to use it. The cards are beautiful and (even though they got Apollo and Artemis' weapons mixed up) I love the cards and how they look. But the deck says nothing to me. Nada. It's like having a deck of Court Cards.

greatdane

thanks for sharing those, Lunajade and Kristyjnh

I enjoy seeing what oracles have worked especially well for readers as they are much more varied than other types of decks. We certainly have all kinds of tarot decks, but they USUALLY aren't just intuitive, but most follow one of the major systems. With oracles, there is so much that could be going on and intuition seems to play such a major part.

I hope more readers will share what they have, or have not, enjoyed with oracles and why. I'm always looking for something different and feedback here is the greatest place to find it!

katieb

I have two that are very good, maybe even three, here they are in order of preference:
Enchanted Map Oracle: Very to the point and exact.
Hidden Realms Oracle: the images aee beautiful and the guide book is well written. Each card has a sentence so for those that want a quick response these cards are good
Oracle of Mermaids and Dolphins: I didn't think i would like this one but the readings are to the point and exact. The only downside is that sometimes the messages are too good so you need to use your intuition.

The ones i like the least:

Romantic Angels: I know some people will probably go 'what'???? But they leave too much place for 'error' and the marriage card does not necessarily mean you will marry.
Celtic Oracle: Does absolutely nothing for me. Not the messages, not the images....zilch.

One i am starting to love is the psychic tarot of the Heart...it's supposed to be a tarot deck but reads more like an oracle. The cards are of a good quality, the images beautiful, the book is great, and i love how they gave me a different perspective for my tarot cards as well. I need to work with these more!

I have tons of Oracles, but these are my top likes and dislikes

greatdane

Thanks for sharing those, Katieb

I especially liked you gave your reasons why. It's interesting how some oracles seem to zero in on things for people and some just keep quiet.

2dogs

I've found reading with a mix of cards from different decks most useful, they each answer as best they can and what the more obscure ones are saying may become clearer in the context of the others.

PathWalker

Silent:

http://oceanoracle.com/oracle.html

SO wanted to love this,but nothing at all. Probably me, rather than the deck, not sure if shells themselves would have worked any better, but it was just a super collection of shells, photo-shopped onto an annoyingly identical background.

Gifted it away.

:(

katieb

Silent:

SO wanted to love this,but nothing at all. Probably me, rather than the deck, not sure if shells themselves would have worked any better, but it was just a super collection of shells, photo-shopped onto an annoyingly identical background.

Gifted it away.

I don't think i would like that one either. Too plain and doesn't get my intuition going. What a beautiful idea to gift it ♥

ana luisa

Silent:

Gifted it away.

I own this oracle and it scares me... It predicted my son's cancer THROUGH A DREAM. I was studying the shells and one night, I saw him touching several of the same type and crying. I told him he was going to be alright but didn't know at the time what was going on inside his body. Later, when I got the news, I saw the shell was an invasive type and aggressive too. People wonder why I do not use it again or why not give it away. I don't know, I just can't...
it is not a silent oracle but I had to put it aside.