Possibly a Silly Question

FourLeafClover

What are crystals used for, in this context? I've always been highly attracted to crystals (and other shinybright things, I must be part magpie), but what purposes do they serve? I'm interested, because the newage bookstore I go to sometimes has some really lovely crystals...

Phoenyx*

I personally use them in different ways, in rituals, and in my personal mundane, non-magickal life, and I'm also going to try to incorporate them into my tarot card readings.
Mundanely, I wear a hematite necklace and ring everyday, to protect myself from negativity. I started a really hard clinical rotation blook about 4 weeks ago with a man that has a reputation for taking pleasure in making his students cry, and coming down really hard on them. Since the first day, I've worn both of them, and so far, with only one more week to go, the rotation is doing wonderfully, and he hasn't come down that hard on me at all.
In my rituals, it depends on what type of ritual I'm doing, if its one to amplify loving energy to someone, then I use my rose quartz, if its a divinatory type of ritual, then I get my clear quartz out.
I guess overall though, I use them spiritually.