Life's Purpose: M-Press

M-Press

Hello there!

I must say that I'm one of those who encouraged Dave to dive into this topic, and now that the time to "participate" came, I'm really anxious...

So I'll just start...
I'll start with the tarot spread Dave suggested, because that was the easiest for me, and I'll go on to my parents.

Tarot Spread:
1. Soul work=Temperance
2. Qualities you need to utilize to carry out your purpose=King of Cups
3. Action is needed to do your soul work=Ace of Rods
This actually spoke to me, but we'll go into it later...

MY PARENTS in general:
They are both in their late 50s and had many changes in their lives. They both divorced twice, and moved to live to another country than their origin.
They both struggle financially, very talented people that did not have much luck in what they did, and no major breakthrough.
They both should have been artists, but today they are not.
Family is very important to both of them.

MY DAD:
A true artist at heart, had many diffrent jobs, and lives many life styles, today he works as a manager. He used to own his own store for years, but closed it down due to financial problems. He tried here and there to promote his art, had a few shown (he started painting in his mid 30's), but never became his main thing. Now he hardly paints. I'm know this is a regret for him?he's really good.
He has 4 children, two from each mariage (I'm #1), and he has been for the same partner now for 10 years (has nor remarried though). He is very proud of his children (his greatest pleasure), but still struggles to have the family he always wanted. His partner has 3 kids of her own, and the integration is far from natural.
My dad has a spiritual side in his, but he does not explore it, and is not religious in anyway. He believes in astrology, but makes sure noboby knows that!

I would say that financial security, together with the need to create a solid family, are his main concerns. The artist part is too, but if he had a financial ability, then he would be happier (and spending more time painting).

MY MUM:
My Mum is still the little girl who did not realise it's time to grow up. She used to be a fashion designer, but health problems have let her off the loop. Now she works is sales, but her wish is to be succesful, on a grand scale. In a way, she has given up.
After her 1st divorce from my dad, she moved to New York, and I was raised by my grandmother, because "mum could not take of me". I'm sure that my mum's inability to be a mother to me and my brother, is one of the greatest regrets to her. Today she's single. Her only connection with spirituality/religion, is via socializing, and not because this has any interest to her.

Being married, being loved, having a family and financial security, is my mom's theme in life. Her need for self-expression (artist), comes also after that , I think.

More later...and I hope both my parents will never know this thread exists...

M-Press

My self-view comments

Hi!
Here I will try to define what I got from my parents and where it should take me. At least I think so...

So...
--- Moving to find one's place:
I have moved countries 4 times in the last 33 years of my life (not to count the number of apartments). I have carried this "move" issue from both my parents, and even more. Not all moves were of my choice, and usually a lot of difficulty was involved . As much as i like change (and I have become good at it), I'm really looking for one place to be-as a basic security.

--- Family:
I'm still single, although I could have been married by now, if that was what I really wanted. From that i make that although having my own family and home are of greatest importance to me, I want this to be "right", and to work fully for me.
I can not afford to repead my parents divorce theme, and I feel that building a family on a strong, long lasting foundation, is definitely a life purpose for me. My partner will have to be my soul mate, otherwise it won't be.
Home (walls+things) is of great importance to me.

--- My Parents:
I feel as if I totally need to accept them for what they are?they have given me life, and this is the most important of all.
I need to find the way to establish good balanced relationships with them.

--- My art:
I embraced my artistic talents from the beginning, and totally follwed my heart when it came to career training and choice. It was not always easy, but i won that one, and I can see how my life purpose is to make my living from my artistic ablilities. This comes before making money.

--- Money:
I have to make the money my parents didn't make. This will be a proof, that choosing the artist's path, is the right one for me (i think). Risk, faith and trust are the main elements that can allow that, in oppose to greediness.

Now I will use one part from the tarot spread to explain further.
--- Soul Work=temperance.
I feel as if i totally do that.
At school I studied Art, Physics and English as my majors. They called it "integrated" studies.
In my MA degree I combine art, psychology and business.
As an artist I fuse inspiration with productivity. Aesthetics with spirituality and practicality.
As an artistic mission, I would definitely like to attract more people to the new age themes, through my art.
I also wish to combine old traditions with new looks.
Belief/spirituality wise, i'm the non-comitting kind. I want a bit of everything, a nice mix.

On a final note, in the last few years I always felt as if there is a cork in my bottle-something that needs to be pulled out, in order for my energy and potential to flow. I think that this is also a big part of my life purpose, I just don't know yet what it is...

It feels a bit wired to write all this about me in such a public forum...All comments and questions are welcome.
Thanks Dave for your encouragement!

Moongold

M-Press ~

A trilogy of lives. :) Thank you for trusting us and the process enough to share this with us

It seems that through your art you are achieving something that your parents could not. And you are determined not to repeat their experience of marraige break up and divorce.

You trigger associations for me. My mother particularly wanted us to have the best of educations because she had to leave school at 13. So at 50, I was the first in my family to get post-graduate university education. Part of that was her dream, and my wanting to achieve that was for her. I laughed when I realised that. She died before this happened, but I am thinking no, how deep these family themes are.

I have been thinking a lot about Dave's inspiring thread, and now your contribution to this unusual theme. I don't think I will be able to do something similar :(. My life has been way out on the edge in terms of my parents' expectations. In the things that mattered to them, I didn't achieve. No angst in that now - just simple acceptance and awareness that I achieved in other areas. I did pusue the educational dream though - to great excess LOL.

And when I sat down to look at the chart in the way that Dave did, I got a headache :).

Let me think about it some more, but please keep posting. I would be very interested to see where artistic ability and joyous creativity can be identified in your chart - as they are so evident in your work.

Many blessings ~

Moongold

M-Press

Thanks Moongold for your thoughs...i knew you'll "show up" somewhere here...:)

You wrote something about doing it "for the parents"-"realising their dream."
I must say, that before my posting on this, and also till you said it so clearly, I was not so aware of it.
I never saw my artistic involvent as "make it where my parents failed." It was always mine, and i never received any great encouragement for it either.
My parents were not warm or cold for this, just accpted it as a fact, but the rest of the family was very much against.
My mum, a fashion designer among professors of psycholopgy and business people, was always seen as the "black sheep" of the family.

Today, I do see in my dad some subtle envy-but in a good way. I see that he believes in me in a way he didn't believe in himself.
Now I also see how my triumph will be his own as well. In a way this puts more pressure, but then makes one more determined.

And another thing that pops now, after reading your thoughs, is that although I'm taking my parents aspirations further, i still had to create that path all by myself, as if it didn't exist before at all.
I always felt as i went to a direction so far from them...
Maybe this was the only way to make it "my own". Also no wonder I did not connect it to my parents before this moment.
This is an interesting point I have to think of it more... and it might apply to you too... maybe going away, means also going towards?

Now that i know what to look for, I will show you later how my artistic side is shown in my chart. That I know how to do by now!

Thank you for this!
:)

Moongold

Dear M-Press,

All this may mean is that possibly you inherited some artistic talent and in your own unique way made the most of this.

I know that musical and mathematical talents can often be inherited. There is a family of artists here, who have all achieved fame, and I assume that in some ways this can be passed on too. I don't know for sure.

It is always really hard to be linear about things like this. I was simply speculating :). There may be a dozen other things in *You* and your lived experience which have contributed to your artistic success.

I look forward to your next post/

Moongold

M-Press

to Moongold

I think that artistic talents are definitely a theme in the genes, so your speculation was right...
These simlarities in the genes also show in the atrso charts as well...

Now the difference is made between what you call suceess, which I think means "going for it", in oppose to just "having it".
Both my mum's sisters, are extremely talented, but due to preaching about "security" and a "decent profession", they never did anything with it. I feel as a lot the opposition i had from them, lays there-they would secretly want to do what i do!

I will soon post how I see my artistic side in my chart, starting in a different way than Dave did. Then I will follow the "rules". :)

dadsnook2000

No rules here

M-Press, there are no rules. Sometimes its nice to have guidelines but rules can limit creativity. While it's still early for me to constructively comment on much, it looks like part of your life's purpose is to be more committed to your vision, to not accept limits that other's may have. Of course, we can never put ourselves fully in another person's environment, time and social or family pressures -- so there is no judgement, just a perception of how other's examples would or would not fit your goals and determination.

All in all it looks like your making good progress in this exercise. I look forward to your chart observations and how you tie it all in. Thanks again for sharing. Dave.

M-Press

My Art purpose

I will look at my chart to explain my artistic inclinations.
I have posted it at the at astro.com

So,
My rising is Taurus, it's ruling planet Venus. If this doesn't make me artistic, it at least gives me the appreciation of the arts and beauty in general.

My Mars is in Libra (ruled by Venus)-energy derected towards aesthetic issues
and my Venus is Scorpio. (beauty comes out from a deep level)
Both my Mars+Venus are in the 6th house (work).

These already put me into the artsy scene, but there is one more thing, that I find defines the WAY I'm artistic.

My Pluto in i sthe 5th house.
related to that:
"There are two kinds of artists:The "all-put-together virtuoso" who draws on nature, and the reflective cerebral structurer, who must draw on himself.
-Appollinaire"

I'm certailly the latter, and this is due to the placing of my Pluto. My art is not really "aesthetic". (I find that Libra Moons and Venuses, have better taste than me, by far). BUT, my work is very CREATIVE, and imaginative. This is where the venus in Scorpio helps. It might be in detriment (as well as retro), but it gives imagination, and connection to the deep side of the soul-gut level.

The Libra/Scorpio+Pluto component make my stuff personal, creative and bold covered with sugar (Mars in Lib).
The no-headed people (characters in my art), are definitely from the morbid, intense Scorpionic side.
The elements in my art are symbols, and the reason that I do now tarot art instead of let's say Political posters, is becasue my Mars in Libra can stand no conflict or aggression what so ever. I'm definitely not an artist to create a scene or a controversy.

My moon in Virgo makes me very productive in my work... I sure needed that, but then I'm also a perfectionist, and need approval for every line I draw, SO only when i dive really deep, i can do some work without self doubt.
Today, this is the only state I can create from-only when i'm a channel. Otherwise, forget it.

Please lemmeno in case I missed seeing anything. This is a part I have explored much in the past, so I feel I've done my "homework".
Aspects wise-I have no idea...

M-Press

oh, Dave.
I was joking. I know there are no rules, but I really love guidelines! :)

M-Press

Re: No rules here

dadsnook2000 said:
Sometimes its nice to have guidelines but rules can limit creativity.

On that note-thank you Dave,
i think that my Moon in Virgo, is the one that loves quidelines. When creating, i try to have the "space" as defined as possible. With no guidelines I have nothing, no template to create upon. For me these limitations are a MUST, a springboard to find solutions using creativity...