crystal for clairvoyance...

dolphinprincess

is there a crystal that helps to increase psychic skills, like clairvoyance... I remember talking to a crystal guy at a local shop, but I can't remember the names of the stones he mentioned..

I did buy an African Amethyst.... not sure how that will work.

Bluemanticore

Dolphinprincess, there are several stones that can be useful for things like divination and psychism.

For divination:
Azurite
Flint
Hematite
Jet
Mica
Moonstone
Obsidian
Tiger's-eye

For psychism:
Amethyst
Aquamarine
Azurite
Beryl
Citrine
Quartz
Emerald
Lapis Lazuli

All this according to my fav source of info: Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem, and Metal Magic.

By the way, amethyst is good for a great many things, with powers in areas such as: dreams, overcoming alcoholism, healing, psychism, peace, love, protection against thieves, courage, and happiness. It's one of my favorite stones. :)

Hope this helps some.

BlueManticore

dolphinprincess

Thanks so much BlueManticore.. there are several stones on your list that I really like !!!

TemperanceAngel

dolphinprincess I hold on to a large quartz crystal :)
In the past I used a lapis lazuli, which broke in half.
Flourite and a couple of other things.
I have found the quartz to never change, what I mean is: it's a very 'stabilizing' crystal property wise.

I have lots of amethyst around and my beautiful selenite :)
XTAX

Aure

How about sodalite? I thought I read something like that in the other thread about tarot and sodalite. I'm also interested in knowing which stones would help in readings and dreams etc.

Bluemanticore

Aure, here's what I have on Sodalite from Cunningham's Encyclopedia.
Sodalite
Energy: Receptive
Planet: Venus
Element: Water
Powers: Healing, Peace, Meditation, Wisdom
Magical Uses: Sodalite is a healing stone, especially for emotionally related diseases or those caused by stress, nervousness, anger, or fear. Wear or rub over the body to dispel fear or guilt. Wear or hold to still the mind, relax the body, and calm inner turmoil. It is a fine meditative stone and, when used conscientiously, promotes wisdom.

Regarding your question about dream stones, Cunningham lists Amethyst and Azurite as good for dream work.

Hope this helps.
BlueManticore

Centaur

Amazonite is also useful for opening the third-eye.

C ;)