Tarot and Faerie Decks?

Snuggle_69217

what is the Difference Between Tarot Decks and Oracle decks?

contrascarpe

I'm sure many of the more gifted members can give a better explanation of the differences. My interpretation at the base level is that Oracle Decks are inherently more intuitive and speak to you on a different plane. They are not set 78 card decks broken into the two arcanas.

I am just starting to develop an interest in Oracle Decks so I will step aside and let the experts speak until I get my own hands-on feeling of them. In fact, I ordered my first Oracle cards this week (Soulcards I and II) and am (impatiently) waiting for them. I must have looked through 2-3 dozen oracles while at the shop this past Wednesday. There are definitely others I want to get, but while holding the Soulcards demo, I felt a definite connection.

By the way Snuggles, did you get a carnation?

Dan

dolphinprincess

Snuggle-

I know there are several old threads on this topic... I've read many of them in the past and have gotten some excellent answers...

I'm sure others will post answers here, but you may want to try the search feature to pull up some of the other ones...

:eek:)

Snuggle_69217

Thanks for helping ill go check out the oracle Decks..And yes i did get a carnation i got 2..One from One of my good friends (Kristie)and one from a guy that i hang around with a lot..Thanks for asking..

zorya

oracle decks are decks used for divination.

technically, tarot decks are a kind of oracle deck, but not all oracle decks are tarot decks.

for the ease of differentiating, here at the forum, we call only non-tarot decks oracle decks.

a tarot deck must have 78 cards. 22 major arcana and 56 minor arcana which are divided into 4 suits.

all other decks used for divination (or personal transformation) are called oracle decks.

hope that helps :)

contrascarpe

Zorya -

Thanks - I knew there was a simple explanation.

I have another question as I enter into the world of oracle decks. You mentioned its use for divination and personal transformation. I may be off-based, but alot of the posts I have thumbed through seem to fall into the latter category.

If used for divination, do you find that the tried and true spreads used for Tarot can also apply? As I mentioned, I am starting with the Soulcards and I plan on taking it slow. I expect that I will use them for meditative purposes initially and maybe eventually working a card or two in with some of my Tarot reading to give deeper meaning to my readings (which brings up another point which I probably should start a new thread on - how often do you see readings using a combination of decks?).

I have "known" Tarot for many years and it is just starting to help me understand myself. I am hoping oracles can provide even a deeper understanding.

Dan

zorya

contrascarpe,

oracles basically help us see that which we otherwise may not have, or be able to see.

there are many oracles that were basically designed for fortune telling, such as the lenormand and sybilla decks. the contemporary decks do seem to have more of a focus on spiritual growth or personal transformation.

more often than not, i use divination with spiritual growth in mind anyway, and i've yet to meet the deck that couldn't be used for divination. :laugh:

tarot spreads work wonderfully with any deck! but, because they are such an intuitive deck, i would recommend using very small spreads with your soul cards. i usually use only one to three soul cards, because i find they work better for me if take plenty of time on each card to really let my intuition speak.

your idea for another thread sounds like a good one, :) hope to read it soon.