PDA

View Full Version : How can I delete all my posts?

punchinella
17-02-2004, 13:09
(I really just want to disappear)

P.

Diana
17-02-2004, 14:36
punchinella: I have sent you a PM.

Aura Wolf
17-02-2004, 14:40
Disappear? :(

lunalafey
17-02-2004, 17:39
:(don't dissapear.

firemaiden
17-02-2004, 18:12
Don't leave us Punchinella!

Sulis
17-02-2004, 18:59
No, please don't disappear :(

Love

Sulis xx

punchinella
18-02-2004, 08:21
Sorry everybody you're all the best. I've gotten so many pms that I can't possibly respond to them all.

A moderator asked me to delete my signature (too long) just at the wrong time (my cat of 16 years was dying.)

When wavebreaker asked me to delete my signature, I went looking for a black avatar but couldn't find one. & then deleting the signature & avatar altogether wasn't enough, I wanted to delete everything else too.

Sorry about the fuss.

P.

Alta
18-02-2004, 08:24
I have had a beloved cat die by inches too. I know how that can make you feel. Please stay.

firemaiden
18-02-2004, 08:34
(((Punchinella)))

How bout the one that is a dark purple rose with a black background?

Majecot
18-02-2004, 08:36
((punchinella))
We are here for your ups and your downs. So sorry about your cat. :(

Astraea
18-02-2004, 08:44
Oh, I am so sorry to learn this about your cat. In the midst of such grief, almost anything can tip the emotional scales and everything can seem so dark. Blessings to you, Punchinella, in all the days and nights ahead.

skytwig
18-02-2004, 10:02
Oh, dear one.... I just read this thread and I send reams of comforting energy your way...... quilts of compassionate energy.... angels and faeries cuddling you.....

You are precious! :)

punchinella
18-02-2004, 10:06
Originally posted by firemaiden
(((Punchinella)))

How bout the one that is a dark purple rose with a black background?

That's the one I started with. That was my 'happy' dress.

Oh wait, no, you mean the actual rose. Hmmn. I'll think on that.

wavebreaker
18-02-2004, 17:24
Hi punchinella,

I'm so sorry about your cat! I hope you're feeling a bit better by now.

And I'm sorry about asking you to shorten your signature at the wrong time...

Diana
18-02-2004, 19:16
May your grief soon turn to happy memories. Losing a dear furry friend is so hard. :(

(By the way, I am sure wavebreaker didn't ask you to delete your signature - it was probably just longer than the forum guidelines allow and I imagine she pointed that out to you. You could have shortened it, instead of deleting it. :) One of the duties that moderators have to do is to ensure that forum guidelines are respected. It's one of the duties we dislike, because none of us were born with a Policeman's hat on our head. But there are other compensations - such as the satisfaction of knowing that we contribute towards the smooth running of the forums.)

fairyhedgehog
18-02-2004, 19:28
I'm so sorry to hear about your cat (((((((punchinella)))))))

I'm glad that you got so much support though and that you are staying with us :)

baba-prague
18-02-2004, 19:35
Well, just to add to what others have said. It's terribly painful to lose a cat, a difficult emotional time.

I've had people say things here at the wrong time too - but please try to remember that it's just bad luck, someone here can't know that they said something at a difficult moment. Please wait a while and see how you feel. It would be horrible to have you disappear - you'd be missed you know.

punchinella
19-02-2004, 05:13
I've been thinking about this (not to belabour the point . . . & I suppose I should probably just start a new thread on this in suggestions . . . ) but if too long of a signature is against forum guidelines, why is it possible to do? Couldn't the block that one uses to type the signature into be shortened, & then no one would ever have to be reprimanded? Or, at least, could the rule be made explicit before the fact, rather than after it (could the suggestion that one keep it down to 4 lines or less appear next to the place where one enters it?) Because if I had had any notion whatsoever that I was breaking a rule, at the time that I broke it, I never would have, & this unpleasantness would have been avoided.

I'm sure other people on the forum as well would prefer not to find themselves the subject of disciplinary intervention, if at all possible. There's something inherently stomach-wrenching about the idea that one has done something 'wrong'--definitely a feeling to be avoided.

--Just a suggestion--

P.

Diana
19-02-2004, 05:16
punchinella: I think that this has nothing to do with disciplinary measures, nor reprimands.

Just pointing out guidelines to people who may not have read them.

You didn't do anything "wrong". You just didn't realise something, that's all.

You're very fragile right now, and I reckon in a few weeks time you'll realise that it's really not so important an issue.

punchinella
19-02-2004, 05:26
No, it's not, I know that right now in spite of myself :|

jmd
19-02-2004, 20:23
Originally posted by punchinella
'[...] could the suggestion that one keep it down to 4 lines or less appear next to the place where one enters it? [...]'Personally, I think this is an excellent suggestion - great thinking. If it isn't too difficult, I'm sure Solandia will consider this when next she has time to update the User CP forms :)

Laura Borealis
27-02-2004, 04:14
Originally posted by punchinella
...if too long of a signature is against forum guidelines, why is it possible to do? Couldn't the block that one uses to type the signature into be shortened, & then no one would ever have to be reprimanded? Or, at least, could the rule be made explicit before the fact, rather than after it (could the suggestion that one keep it down to 4 lines or less appear next to the place where one enters it?)

I am puzzled about this, too. I was asked to shorten my signature, and it was only three lines long (at least, as it displayed on my tiny laptop screen). I was happy to shorten it, of course. But if three-line .sigs are considered too long, yet the policy states four, perhaps the policy needs to be revisited and safeguards put into place, like you suggest.

My heart goes out to you for the loss of your kitty. My own "old lady" cat is very sick right now, and I felt your pain as I read your words. I'm so sorry. :(

Nevada
27-02-2004, 04:46
So sorry about your cat, Punchinella. My heart goes out to you. Please stay.

Nevada

wavebreaker
27-02-2004, 06:53
Originally posted by laura_borealis
I am puzzled about this, too. I was asked to shorten my signature, and it was only three lines long (at least, as it displayed on my tiny laptop screen). I was happy to shorten it, of course. But if three-line .sigs are considered too long, yet the policy states four, perhaps the policy needs to be revisited and safeguards put into place, like you suggest.Please refer to the forum guidelines (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?threadid=11575):

12) Keep your signature short and link-free.

Threads are much easier to read when everyone's signatures are short. Please keep your signature to four lines or less and leave out the links. (You can add a link to your website in your profile.)Unfortunately, it is not technically possible just yet to prevent people from entering long signatures, which is why sometimes people who have rather long signatures are kindly requested to shorten it, for the reasons stated in the guidelines.

Laura Borealis
27-02-2004, 07:18
Originally posted by wavebreaker
Please refer to the forum guidelines (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?threadid=11575):

Unfortunately, it is not technically possible just yet to prevent people from entering long signatures, which is why sometimes people who have rather long signatures are kindly requested to shorten it, for the reasons stated in the guidelines.

I did refer to the forum guidelines, which is why I was puzzled.

I have no problem with keeping it very short. But it says four lines max, and mine was three.

wavebreaker
27-02-2004, 07:47
Originally posted by laura_borealis
I did refer to the forum guidelines, which is why I was puzzled.

I have no problem with keeping it very short. But it says four lines max, and mine was three. Well then maybe a mistake was made, I don't know. Even moderators are human and can make mistakes... ;) And if so, just contact them about it, they don't bite. Not usually anyway. :D

Laura Borealis
27-02-2004, 13:33
It was actually a very warm exchange and made me feel welcomed to the forum. :) I wasn't even the teensiest bit bothered, except for being puzzled by the discrepancy. I thought perhaps the policy had been changed in effect but not in writing, or something like that.

I realized belately like it might have sounded like I was criticizing, a couple of posts up there... I apologise if I came off as an arrogant newbie. I am a newbie here, but not arrogant I hope!

punchinella
27-02-2004, 14:33
Hmmn. Well, last night I finally typed a new signature quotation onto my profile page, & as of today it's still not appearing anywhere. When I go to the profile page, yep, there it is . . . 'curiouser & curiouser', said Alice . . .

My guess is that perhaps it's still too long. Although--yesterday, I think it was?? --I thought I noticed that wavebreaker had a signature line up of appx. the same length . . .

I was going to test it for length by looking at an actual page (not the profile window) but the signature just never got that far.

Hmmmmmmmnn. Mmmmph.

P.

punchinella
27-02-2004, 14:34
And . . . *drumroll* . . . it appears . . .

(is it too long???)

Kaz
27-02-2004, 18:00
thread will be closed.

who ever has a problem about his sig, please start a new thread with approriate title please.