The Moon Oracle

GlitterNova

I need some advice. I absolutely love the images I've seen of The Moon Oracle (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/moon-oracle/) and I'd buy it in a minute except one thing...I know next to nothing about astrology. So my question is, is this deck still usable even without much astrological knowledge of the moon?

Mellaenn

I love this oracle, too. I don't know astrology, either, but that doesn't matter. In fact, you learn through the cards and the companion book, primarily about the phases of the moon and their metaphysical correlation. If you end up buying a deck and there's no companion book, send me a pm. I happen to have an extra companion book and I'd be happy to send it to you for the cost of postage. :)

MagsStardustBlack

I need some advice. I absolutely love the images I've seen of The Moon Oracle (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/moon-oracle/) and I'd buy it in a minute except one thing...I know next to nothing about astrology. So my question is, is this deck still usable even without much astrological knowledge of the moon?

You can download a moon phase app if you have a smartphone or tablet. Its a great way to learn about moon phases and on a daily basis so you become acquainted. I imagine there will be a little book? To get you started. And you can learn with the cards, which will make for a lovely journey of discovery for you. If you like the cards then buy them because of that then see where you go, it will be very exciting ;)

AJ

I'm using it this week on my blog.
I love all the Smith/Astrop decks because they DO make you think, no bog standard 8 sticks in the sky or 3 swords in the heart. You have to work with their decks. If you like easy don't bother :) but the companion books are all excellent.
Since my knowledge of astrology is limited it isn't a deck I'd pull out to read for someone else. They are good for self reading though as you lay out your spread and your mind can't leap automatically to normal keywords and thus to personal bias.

the link to my blog is under my username. If you use the search bar at top left and put in
"moon oracle" you can see quite a few of the cards and how I've read them.

Briar Rose

Flora Peterson suggests doing the 30 day moon challenge where you find the moon in the sky, be it day or night, learn that phase, and write down your feelings. She says you will be in tune with our moon mother.

I have the moon oracle and I love it. Like Mellaenn says, you will learn using the book. And it is a fun way too. I loved the moon oracle so much that I finally was able to buy the Sun Oracle as well. I feel blessed to have both.

Thank you for this thread, as I am making them the decks I will tune into for this new year, 2015.