Pearls

Diana

What positive or healing qualities do pearls have?

(I did a search, but didn't find an answer. If I missed out something, just give me a link.)

Also, I would like a link or two to a reliable web-site on gemstones. I went googling, but can't make out which web-sites are good and which are nonsense.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Majecot

Hi Diana
I found this on pearls from this web site http://www.bernardine.com/gemstones/pearl.htm, this is a store front with a little bit of lore.

"Cultured or freshwater pearls are considered to offer the power of love, money, protection, and luck. Pearls are thought to give wisdom through experience, to quicken the laws of karma and to cement engagements and love relationships. They are thought to keep children safe.

Early Chinese myths told of pearls falling from the sky when dragons fought. Ancient legend says that pearls were thought to be the tears of the gods and the Greeks believed that wearing pearls would promote marital bliss and prevent newlywed women from crying."

I also checked my handy dandy Cunninham's and he also says:
"Powers are Love, Money, Protection, Luck.
Each color has a specific magical use: black/blue are thought to bring luck to the owner. Pink are worn to manifest an easy l, comfortable life. Yellow pearls, to the Hindus, bring wealth, and red pearls promote intelligence. "

I remember my mom saying that pearls were for tears, and a bride should not wear them. (We aren't Greek), But my Ex-Beau's Mother, who was very Greek, believed every bride must wear pearls on her wedding day.

I did not find anything on pearls here but it has some good information on crystals http://www.neatstuff.net/avalon/

If I find anything else I will let you know ;)

Astraea

Hi, Diana. According to my favorite reference book about stones, gems and such -- Love is in the Earth by Melody -- the pearl signifies "faith, charity, enhances personal integrity and helps to provide a focus to one's attention...it also symbolizes purity and can stimulate that condition in one's body and mind; hence, providing a clear vehicle for the advancing states of wisdom, as well as a clean channel for the receipt of spiritual guidance...the pearl has been known as a 'stone of sincerity,' bringing truth to situations and loyalty to a 'cause'...it has been used to inhibit boisterous behavior and to provide a reflection of the self such that one may see the manner in which one appears to others...it has been used in the treatment of digestive disorders and to relieve conditions of biliousness and bloating, to treat the soft organs of the body, and to increase fertility and ease childbirth...vibrates to the number 7." (emphasis added; this sounds like it might be helpful for Timo!)

I am not aware of good websites for stones, but I'll bet there are quite a few.

Diana

Wonderful responses.

I asked because yesterday, I told a client that if she had any pearls, she must take them out and wear them.

But I don't know why I told her that, and I admitted it to her (but she believed me anyway. :) ). I just felt it strongly. And I told her I would give her more information on pearls as soon as I had made enquiries.

But if the pearls can help my Timo as well, well then I must see if I can find some. :)

Astraea

Diana, what an interesting consultation that must have been!

I'm thinking maybe a single pearl under Timo's bedding might be nice.

Bluemanticore

Majecot, you beat me to Cunningham's ;) But anyway, related to your comment about pearls and tears, "Gemstone Fung Shui" by Sandra Kynes says pearls are joyful tears from angels. Also, Kynes mentions that pearls symbolize purity and emotional clarity as well as inducing emotional balance and openness. They are also associated with the Crown chakra.

Blessed be,
BlueManticore

poivre

I was always told not to wear pearls & opals unless they were your birthstones or they would bring you tears.

Now that was many many years ago & that theory has gone by the .............. whatever.

skytwig

Astraea said:
Hi, Diana. According to my favorite reference book about stones, gems and such -- Love is in the Earth by Melody --
Yes, I agree with Astraea.... the books by Melody are my primary reference for my geological healing pals (my rocks)..... I use stone energy ALOT in my healing work.
i do not refer to any websites, as I don't trust the info.... Melody's books are well worth the money....

Another book I use is Crystal Power, Crystal Healing by Michael Gienger.... it has proven to be quite accurate.

Pearl energy is a water energy.... it is very much linked to my astrological sign, Cancer..... and linked to healing!!! If you tuck a pearl or two in Timo's bedding, slip some crystals in there with them to magnify the energy of the pearls.... also crystals in Timo's bedding will help clear away negative energy..... especially amethyst!! Amethyst is very balancing for the whole system... it is a good crystal, for instance, for heaing/reducing cancer and tumors.....

Moonbow

Bluemanticore said:
Majecot, you beat me to Cunningham's ;)

Me too! I was looking it up when I noticed what Majecot had said. As far a web sites go there are so many. I have printed stuff off and I can't even remember where from.

One thing I have noticed though. Although some stones have the same properties wherever you read about them e.g. Amethyst. Some stones seem to work differently for different people, so I think you will get loads of different answers that could all be right. It's a bit of trial and error with me. I attach myself to a stone for a while (carry it round, put it next to my bed) and see how it makes me feel. When I have more time I will start to keep records on it.

13thFaeChylde

Another interesting thing about pearls...they are found in both freshwater and saltwater, making them doubly adaptable, I think.
Also, there are white pearls and black pearls...making me think of yin-yang.

Pearls are attributed to the Goddess Venus as a symbol of innocence.

Pearl - Pearls have been associated with feminine energy throughout time. Early Hindus believed that pearls represented the moon's influence on earth, protecting the earth from catastrophes in weather. Pearls help with self-acceptance and stimulate femininity. A child given a pearl as a gift will grow in beauty. Do not immerse a pearl in soap as this will damage its lustre. Pearl energy can be expended, so be sure to maintain a healthy diet when you wear pearls, so as not to drain the life out of them. Take care of yourself and your pearls will shine like you do.
PEARL - Eliminates emotional imbalances, helps one master the heart chakra, most powerful when worn at night, speed love vibrations and attract love and good fortune, attract money, health, courage and physical strength
PEARL/SEA - Feminine energy, Divine Mother, purity, compassion, truth, protection, beauty