PDA

View Full Version : Attachments, help please.

jlbvt
19-02-2004, 23:40
I am having problems attaching a photo to my post. I have done it in the past, but it's been a long time...

-a dumb question here, 102400 bytes, how many KB is that?
-can I size the pics in inches or cm or do I have to size it in KB?
-is there a way to attach something in the "edit post" mode?

JOAN

mercenary30
19-02-2004, 23:46
Originally posted by jlbvt
I am having problems attaching a photo to my post. I have done it in the past, but it's been a long time...

-a dumb question here, 102400 bytes, how many KB is that?
-can I size the pics in inches or cm or do I have to size it in KB?
-is there a way to attach something in the "edit post" mode?

JOAN

That is 100K. (edit...ooops, missed a zero)
But I cannot seem to attach any pics that are even close to that big. acts more like 10K.

You should be able to add it with an edit.

Size it in KB.......multiple ways to do that...smaller pic, lower quality.....there are people here who are really good at it....I am not one of those people.

wavebreaker
19-02-2004, 23:51
- 102400 bytes is about 100 KB.
- You can't resize in KB. The size of the file depends on the resolution. You'll just have to resize the picture and then save it to see how big it is. In some programs, you can check the picture properties to see how big the file is.
- And no, I don't think you can attach a file in Edit mode, so you'll have to create a new post.

jlbvt
19-02-2004, 23:55
Thanks, merc. I have sized it down to a low-res jpeg, 8.3 KB, and it's still not working. If I browse the file and then hit preview, I should see the attachment (script) in the preview post, right?

jlbvt
19-02-2004, 23:56
Can I size it by pixels?

wavebreaker
19-02-2004, 23:59
The attachment doesn't show up in the preview. And yes, you can resize in pixels. ;)

jlbvt
20-02-2004, 00:03
please excuse the stream of questions, but what is the proper pixel size?

wavebreaker
20-02-2004, 00:07
That depends on the resolution as well I think. I'm sure there are ways to calculate the correct size, but I don't know any, so I usually just try until I have the right file size. ;)

jlbvt
20-02-2004, 00:09
Thank you Wavebreaker! I will keep trying, though I fear our dear moderators may have to delete quite a few of my failed attempts! I wish we could see whether it worked in the preview...
JOAN