Crystal/Mineral Rainbow!

Amsonia

I made this Rainbow out of minerals and crystals from my collection today when I did a Deck interview spread and decided to share it...because, well, who else in my actual life would really care about my rock collection...am I right, ha! see attached pics.

I had never thought to do it before, but it turned out really pretty...and I had fun with a new deck, the Wheel of the Year Tarot. It was a very bright day, it was snowing outside, and it is one of the brightest rooms in the house to begin with. It was a really beautiful day, and a great little Tarot 'stay-cation' (I took the morning off to do Tarot and Yoga, it was lovely and much needed and appreciated by both my body and spirit!

I realized the only color I really don't have is a real red...I was surprised I had all the other colors covered, including black, grey, white and clear.

Oops, I don't know why the first picture is a bit blurry, the second one is better...

Attachments

• rainbow rocks.jpg
    rainbow rocks.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 135
  • rainbow rocks 2.jpg
    rainbow rocks 2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 128

Hemera

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
What is the deck? It looks like a LoScarabeo one?
I realized the only color I really don't have is a real red...I was surprised I had all the other colors covered, including black, grey, white and clear.
So all you need is an egg sized pigeon blood colored ruby and your collection is perfect :D

Padma

Beautiful! Amsonia, how inspiring! Loved how the crystals arched over your cards :love: I too love minerals, so I get it! ;)

Amsonia

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
What is the deck? It looks like a LoScarabeo one?So all you need is an egg sized pigeon blood colored ruby and your collection is perfect :D

The deck is the Wheel of the Year...I really like it...it has the seasons superimposed onto the four suits...but does have the traditional suits...the art is just seasonal by suit...winter, spring, summer, fall...lots of flowers and plants in it too.

Onion Budgie

It looks lovely.

I always enjoy seeing others' crystal/tarot table set-ups. :)

Mellaenn

Amsonia, thanks for sharing your crystal rainbow! What a great way to offset a winter day, and I love that you took time out for two things that were soul-enriching, yoga and tarot.

Other ideas for crystals that are red would be red agate, red tiger eye, or some rhodonite can be more red than pink.

danieljuk

oh how cute! I now need to buy all the crystal colours to make a rainbow :) :thumbsup:

GlitterNova

Newbie question: What is that light orange stone? The one to the right of the bright yellow one.

Amsonia

Newbie question: What is that light orange stone? The one to the right of the bright yellow one.

Good Question...I have no idea...those mineral samples are all from college when I studied geology/mineralogy, so you would think I would know, but I have hundreds of samples, and none are labeled!

I'm editing it to add...I examined it, actually it looks like fluorite...the crystal shape is right, and the sheen, that's what it appears to be when I compare it to some known purple fluorite I have...

Briar Rose

The photo looks very much like its a healing picture. I love it. Thank you.