Russian gypsy fortune telling cards

Sharla

The querys i had regarding these cards if anyone can help is....

1. Do you have to always use all 25 cards in reading ? Especially if its just a minor query i.e "How will my job interview go today" ?

2. When you lay the cards out if any pictures have formed without you having to turn them, would this mean that these are more significant ?

3. Each picture meaning in its position comes with a time scale i.e Middle - which means one to several months following the reading, so what about if you've done a reading for insight into the following month would the time frame in the book then not count. Or as its Middle would it be middle of the month ?

4. Do you read the pictures in order from left to right - top to bottom, or just read them from shortest time frame to longest ?

Would love to get to know these cards better as i really do love them.

Also how have you found these in relation to accuracy ?

zhadee

I love those cards, they are great fun to read. You need a large cup of tea, and probably an hour to get the whole reading!

1. You'll need all 25 cards. Always.

2. No

3. They are very much like Lenormand, with 15 extra cards :joke: The timed idea is from the Lenormand. You may use them for a monthly reading, but some cards point to some later point in your life.

4. I read the last card, and all 4 pictures first to get the first impression what this spread will be about. Then I read from left to right. It does not really matter, as long as you find all the pictures.

The book is great though, full of explanations. You've picked some great companions! I have given up asking specific questions, it is like visiting a friend who gives you a general outlook towards your life.

Sharla

I love those cards, they are great fun to read. You need a large cup of tea, and probably an hour to get the whole reading!

1. You'll need all 25 cards. Always.

2. No

3. They are very much like Lenormand, with 15 extra cards :joke: The timed idea is from the Lenormand. You may use them for a monthly reading, but some cards point to some later point in your life.

4. I read the last card, and all 4 pictures first to get the first impression what this spread will be about. Then I read from left to right. It does not really matter, as long as you find all the pictures.

The book is great though, full of explanations. You've picked some great companions! I have given up asking specific questions, it is like visiting a friend who gives you a general outlook towards your life.

Okay so you ALWAYS use 25 cards, i have done that up to now.

I did a reading for the coming month and as i asked for the coming month a few of them for the period of influence was MIDDLE, so do i take this as not in the coming month but one to several months following the reading as that what it says in the book ?

Because this is whats confusing me because i asked specifically about the coming month.

Sharla

Also if you find the pictures but then find another at the beginning after you've done the reading, would that card then go to the beginning of the reading ?

zhadee

The most important card seems to be the last one anyway, no matter what other pictures may appear. From what I have experienced, it does not matter where the picture is positioned as long as you find them all.
Better start looking for pictures when you begin to put the cards on the table. This is a real oracle, which will put you in a certain mood or vibe, so better write down all ideas coming to you when looking at the pictures in their individual positions.

Sharla

The most important card seems to be the last one anyway, no matter what other pictures may appear. From what I have experienced, it does not matter where the picture is positioned as long as you find them all.
Better start looking for pictures when you begin to put the cards on the table. This is a real oracle, which will put you in a certain mood or vibe, so better write down all ideas coming to you when looking at the pictures in their individual positions.

Thankyou Zhadee for your advice.

Another question If you ask a particular question but get cards relating to something else then how do you take them ? Do you take them in regards to your query or do you take them as what they say ?

Example : You ask about a relationship your in, and one of your cards is HANDSHAKE - a strong friendship will be a support for your entire life, and you get another picture FOX - not wise to trust a new friendship ?

Sharla

What about if you get good positive pictures and your last card (outcome card)the pictures are all negative, does that card cancel out all the positive pictures you've got in the spread ?

Clovergirl

What about if you get good positive pictures and your last card (outcome card)the pictures are all negative, does that card cancel out all the positive pictures you've got in the spread ?

I have these cards. They are wonderful. I hope you enjoy them!

As for your question - that last card (according to the book, but you have to figure out for yourself if it is this way for your readings) - is read by looking at each picture as it is laid out and read in that position as for the way the situation is right now. The outcome is read using the same picture, but read as if it was in position 1 (which is generally a positive meaning). (this is page 17 in the accompanying book). There are a few cards that will warn of danger, but remember that you can take steps to negate it - it is just a warning.

I hope this answers your question. When first learning the cards (which are still new to me), I found the last section of the book with the sample readings very helpful.

(my two cents inserted here) Sometimes something you might perceive as a negative is not as bad as it first seems and although change can be scary - it might be a change that brings about something even better.

If you have specific questions about the cards you drew and want a second opinion - you can post your reading the the Oracle Readings section.

zhadee

The last card consists of 4 half images. Usually 3 of them are good, one is negative.

I don't ask them specific questions, in such cases I'd rather pick my usual 5 cards with either the Lenormand or 4 with the Tarot.
The Russian Gypsy cards are great when you want to get a general picture of your situation in life. Great when you cannot put your finger on something. These cards may reflect your entire present life. Though your reading fully depends on the book, it is difficult to create a story from the pictures you get, still you get a very neutral reading. However, when you are anxious about getting a certain answer towards a specific question these cards may act like your average Poltergeist, providing only horrific scenarios.

Apart from myself I've only read them to my bf, and he nearly freaked out. For him, it was like visiting Your Local Freaky Fortune Teller on a bad day, and bf never asked for another reading with them.
These cards nail problems, and they name dangers and warnings. Not fatalistic, or unavoidable, but still existing. Stuff that needs taken care of.