PDA

View Full Version : What stones with Tarot decks?

Aure
28-02-2004, 23:10
I had to start a new thread on this. What crystals/stones do you keep in a box/bag with your tarot decks and do you have different ones for each deck?

Centaur
28-02-2004, 23:46
Hi Aure,

I am a newbie when it comes to crystals, but I keep some red-jasper near my decks as this is supposedly very useful for divination.

I am also thinking of purchasing some citrine, as I have read that this dissipates all negative energies from the surrounding environment... it is also a stone which never needs to be cleaned. I think that this would be quite useful for cleansing other crystals/stones and also one's decks.

C

DeLani
29-02-2004, 03:19
I keep a double-terminated quartz with each one of my decks, plus I have a wonderful dark purple amethyst cluster I got in Hot Springs, Ark., that I keep in the drawer with all my decks.
Double-terminated quartz is supposed to send & receive energy from both points, making it useful for communication and linking with others.
Amethyst is associated with the 3rd eye and is considered useful for divination.
Other good divination stones are Flourite (especially purple), Moonstone, Labradorite (Spectrolite), and any other purple stones. I've also heard that Eye Obsidian is good for opening the 3rd eye.

Aure
29-02-2004, 06:44
Ok, so now I'm even more confused... Someone posted here earlier about sodalite and I've read about rock crystal, amethyst etc. .... ??? :confused:

miss_apples
29-02-2004, 07:10
I have 2 decks that I use, I keep sodalite with one and lapiz lazuli with the other.

However Aure....my advice is that more important than what the books say stones represent...is what you feel the stones represent for you. You go and pick out whatever stone calls to you to keep with your tarot decks. :)

Agathe
01-03-2004, 23:37
Hmmm, I've never thought of keeping stones together with my decks. But if I did it would probably be amethyst :D

Agathe

Free
11-03-2004, 00:42
I keep an amethyst cluster by me when I do readings, i feel it helps me focus more. I have a clear quartz cluster and a small citrine that i keep with my tarot deck. I also have a clear quartz pendulum that i keep with me during readings, it gives me energy and is useful if I need to know a yes/no answer during a reading.

Island Dreamer
11-03-2004, 02:56
My Faeries Oracle chose moonstones, deep purple amethysts, my only silver topaz crystal and some water-clear tumbled quartz crystals.

I keep a quartz, a moonstone and an aquamarine crystal with my Tarot of Mermaids.

My Gendron deck has yet to make its preferences known but I suspect moonstone, amethyst and quartz crystals will probably take up residence in its box.

I used my rutilated quartz crystal pendulum to ask which crystals my decks particularly liked. The Faeries were particularly insistent about that silver topaz crystal (my only one)

Island Dreamer

brandi124
11-03-2004, 04:18
I keep an amethyst with my decks that a woman gave to me when I was sitting in a bookstore and also a quartz that I purchased myself. I don't have a particular bag or anything that I keep my cards in though but I'm on the look out for a good one.

Free
11-03-2004, 07:35
I keep my cards in a silk turquoise reading cloth, but i am also on the look out for a nice bag!