I hope this is in the right place!

ScarabFlight

I got the New Palladini deck and most of the cards I really like. Some of them the drawing is a bit off, the proportions are a bit wonky. I just had the biggest urge to draw on the cards!! Is that a horrible thing? Just a little line here, a little something there......must.. hold.. hand.. back.. lol The magician card is one of the wonkiest, I think. I just want to add a little line so his upraised arm looks foreshortened and not just really short. I really love the High Priestess and the Sun though.

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant. Has anyone ever felt like this before?

jmd

I think you will find that a number of us have marked (improved or defaced, depending on one's point of view - or one's 'knowledge' and talent) some deck or other.

Part of the problem with marking a deck is that in, for example, a year or two's time, your alterations may seem unwarranted...

...if, however, you get can get another copy of the deck easily, then I would actually encourage you to mark or alter one in any way you see fit !!! :)

Mimers

I've done this with my World Spirit Tarot. I gave the man in the 10 of Pents a pair of shorts! It was just one little thing about the deck that bothered me and affected my readings. I really love this deck, though, so I did a little fixing and now, for me, it is perfect!

No regrets. After all, it is my deck!

Mimi

Imagemaker

I wrote all the Osho Zen keywords on the cards of one of my miniature Rider Waite decks. Thus I can visualize the Osho card if I want and have a double-deck reading. Or not.

I also cut all the borders off my New Palladini and like the size so much better!

I say, they're cards, play with them . . .

Emily

I marked various, most of the Minor, cards from my Ancient Italian with little black dots next to the numerals because I couldn't tell which way was reversed and, even though I don't read reversed at the moment someday I might. :)

lark

Mimers said:
I've done this with my World Spirit Tarot. I gave the man in the 10 of Pents a pair of shorts! It was just one little thing about the deck that bothered me and affected my readings. I really love this deck, though, so I did a little fixing and now, for me, it is perfect!

No regrets. After all, it is my deck!

Mimi
Oh Mimers! I love this I'm going to do this too.
Maybe some hawaiian bermudas!
Now, what are we going to do with that ugly baby with the chest hair on the Sun card?

ScarabFlight if you never intend to trade the deck please feel free to make it your own in anyway you feel like it.
I think it's wonderful that you want to tweek it to make it more personal for you.

ScarabFlight

Yay!

*Whew* You guys have made me feel so much better!!! I love the idea of cutting the edges off and I love how you added shorts! lol Thank you to everyone who has posted so far!

Now I'm off to look at my cards again pen in hand! Maybe those borders will have to go............

Imagemaker

Use extra sharp scissors, a very steady hand, and afterwards, blunt the corners as a unit (stacked and tapped on a table). Lightly scrape the card edges to take off the sharpness there.

Trimming worked out really great partly because the New Pal has distinct thin black lines to cut along.

lunakasha

lark said:
Oh Mimers! I love this I'm going to do this too.
Maybe some hawaiian bermudas!
Now, what are we going to do with that ugly baby with the chest hair on the Sun card?

LMAO Lark!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I just got the World Spirit deck (finally) and I love it so much...but the Nixon-baby is absolutely hideous....and yet it does make me smile, so I guess that's not a bad thing!

Back to the topic: I think you should do whatever you want, they are your cards and as long as you don't plan to try selling or trading them in the future, why not??? Personally, I just wouldn't feel comfortable altering any of my cards....I just feel very protective of them in that way....for the same reason that I never ever write inside any of my books....just can't do it!

:) Luna

Chronata

Oh I am so happy to hear that other people out there have drawn on, or cut the borders off of a tarot deck that they own!

If it's yours...a little "defacing" shouldn't matter at all!

I have been going crazy debating whether or not to cut the big black borders off of my Vision deck!

I think you all just helped make up my mind!

Now...off to find some sharp scissors!......