Arcana playing card deck - Chris Ovdiyenko

Rhinemaiden

I ran across this tarot inspired playing card deck by Chris Ovdiyenko, being printed by USPCC in July, 2015, so you know the card stock will be outstanding. It's not a tarot deck per se, but the tarot based art is has the detail of fine steel engravings. Deck comes in light (white stock) and dark (black stock) versions. I pre-ordered one of each.

Go here to view samples of the art:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1894542039/arcana-playing-cards/description

Go here to pre-order:

https://arcana-playing-cards.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Madrigal

Oh wow, these are gorgeous. Ordered two as well. Thanks for sharing!

kalliope

I've been eyeing these up as well. Did you notice the Expansion Deck option? It includes the remaining tarot cards (other than the four sent with the playing card deck), in both light & dark versions.

violetdaisy

Ordered both and the expansion due in December, considering the wood box too. These are awesome!

Rhinemaiden

I've been eyeing these up as well. Did you notice the Expansion Deck option? It includes the remaining tarot cards (other than the four sent with the playing card deck), in both light & dark versions.

Thanks for the reminder! :thumbsup: added the expansion deck to my order :D

skyfiery

Do most of you prefer the light or the dark version? Or both, for those who can't choose? Lol.

I've backed it, along with the expansion deck. I'm absolutely looking forward to the print as well.

Rhinemaiden

Do most of you prefer the light or the dark version? Or both, for those who can't choose? Lol.

I've backed it, along with the expansion deck. I'm absolutely looking forward to the print as well.

I really couldn't decide which I preferred, light or dark, so ordered both... considering that the expansion deck has cards for BOTH light and dark, why not have both? ;)

skyfiery

I really couldn't decide which I preferred, light or dark, so ordered both... considering that the expansion deck has cards for BOTH light and dark, why not have both? ;)

:D

Definitely can't wait to receive this.

Madrigal

Thanks for the reminder! :thumbsup: added the expansion deck to my order :D

I wasn't clear what the expansion deck contained but a little googling suggests that it may contain the remaining 18 Majors? Does anyone know if this is the case?

kalliope

The expansion pack contains both the light & dark versions of the remaining 18 majors and the 4 remaining court cards (Pages/Knaves). There's a little discussion about it in the comments of the Kickstarter campaign.

ETA: it's also in the FAQ, now that I look :)